Your browser does not support iframes.
Nagpur boy, Praagy Rastogi woke up to an unexpected JEE Main rank on the morning of April 27. The JEE Main topper with an All India Rank of 44 says that his JEE Main rank just happened to him. The Rastogi family is proud of the boy and is appreciating his efforts with which he studied for the exam. Praagy, too, is grateful towards his family and teachers who supported him throughout the journey. He is happy with his efforts but he is also preparing himself to give his best shot in JEE Advanced - the next battleground. Praagy is following his father's footsteps and thinks that one needs the right motivation in life to do well. He talks exclusively to Careers360 and shares his JEE Main preparation strategy, exam experience, how he dealt with stress and more. Read to know.
We at Careers360 congratulate Praagy Rastogi for his efforts and hard work for JEE Main 2017. You also appreciate and Know JEE Main 2017 toppers here!
Careers360: Congratulations for your outstanding performance in JEE Main 2017! What was your reaction upon knowing your rank?
Praagy: My JEE Main rank just happened to me. I wasn't expecting it. I am happy but I am gearing up for the next step – JEE Advanced.
Careers360: Tell us something about yourself. Which board have you studied under? Which school have you studied in?
Praagy: I stay in Nagpur with my family. My father is a Mechanical Engineer in the textile industry and my mother is a housewife. I have studied in St. Paul Junior College which is affiliated to Maharashtra Board.
Careers360: What is your score in JEE Main 2017? What is your All India Rank?
Praagy: My JEE Main score is 327 out of 360. My All India Rank is 44.
Careers360: Did you appear for the offline JEE Main exam or the online one? What is the reason behind this choice of yours?
Praagy: I appeared in JEE Main in the offline mode as I like the feel of pen and paper exam. This method of examination is going on for years and I do not want to change it.
Careers360: Why do you want to study engineering? When did you decide to study engineering? Which branch would you be interested in? Any reason?
Praagy: As I told you my father is an engineer. I am following his footsteps hence my desire to study engineering. Honestly, I am not sure about which branch of engineering I will go for. Though, I am thinking of Computer Science engineering for now.
Careers360: When did you start your JEE Main preparation? Tell us something about your preparation strategy and daily routine for JEE Main?
Praagy: I started taking coaching for JEE Main from class IX. I always made sure that I got a good sleep of 8 hours. During my preparation days, I didn't study for whole day. I usually dedicated 6 hours for studying.
Careers360: Was there a difference in the preparation strategy in the last months of JEE Main considering that the board exams also are during this period? How did you manage preparation for both?
Praagy: Actually JEE Main and board exams have somewhat the same difficulty level so preparation for both went on similar grounds.
Careers360: Did you take coaching for JEE Main and if yes from where? What are the benefits of coaching according to you?
Praagy: Yes, I took coaching from Resonance, Nagpur. I think coaching is important because when you go for coaching you see the competition around you and this way you can push yourself to perform better.
Careers360: Mock tests and sample papers – how extensively did you practise with the help of these? Do you think practising from the previous year papers help and how?
Praagy: I solved last four year's JEE Main question papers and practising them helped me in the exam.
Careers360: Are there any special books that you feel have helped with your JEE Main preparation? Are the school text books adequate for preparing for JEE Main and Class XII?
Praagy: I believe NCERT books are more than enough for JEE Main preparation. Apart from NCERT books, I studied from notes given by Resonance.
Careers360: Did you face any problem during the JEE Main examination? Which subject was the easiest and which was the toughest in JEE Main? What do you think is a tough thing to manage during the JEE Main exam?
Praagy: Nothing in particular. In the JEE Main exam, I think Chemistry was difficult, though I was confident about Maths and Physics.
I believe time management and speed are important when you are appearing for the exam. However, one should be accurate also as there is negative marking in the exam.
Careers360: What do you think are the key factors behind your stupendous success in JEE Main?
Praagy: I think its confidence that helps you get through any exam and that confidence comes from regular practice, skills and motivation. All you need in life is motivation.
Careers360: How did you de-stress yourself during the preparation? What are your hobbies? How often could you pursue them?
Praagy: I used to go for walks in the morning and evening to de-stress myself. I like photography, playing badminton and reading novels.
Careers360: Who is your ideal or biggest inspiration in life and why?
Praagy: My father is my inspiration and I want to be like him.
Careers360: You know you are an inspiration to thousands of students across the country. Do you have any message for future aspirants on tackling the JEE Main exam?
Praagy: Practice regularly and be confident in yourself. Don't think about the result, just give your best shot.
Follow engineering.careers360.com for all the JEE Main 2017 updates.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!
Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.
PDPU B.Tech Admission 2020 - Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has began PDPU B.Tech a...
CENTAC Seat Allotment 2020- Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) will allot seats to the qual...
REAP Application Form 2020 - The authorities will release the application form of REAP 2020 tenta...
JEE Main Sample Papers 2020 - NTA has released JEE Main 2020 sample papers for all papers. Downlo...
JEE Main Question Papers - NTA has released JEE Main 2019 question papers for both January and Ap...
If you recieve any notification regarding the photograph you have to edit it. And the correction window for NEET will be open from JAnuary 15 to January 31, 2020 and you can edit anything during that time. If you do not receive anything you need not worry about it.
As for JEE, if you can download the admit card and did not receive any notificaion as well, it is fine, you need not worry about your photograph.
hope this helped
all the best
Hello Mohit, Jee mains expected colleges according to score cannot be decided particularly, the cutoff score varies from year to year and depending upon the number of students taking the exam. even you have not mentioned you caste which is a criteria for deciding cutoff score. You can check the previous trends at
and based on these trends, you can check what colleges you may get based on rank.
Hope this helps.
Hello Krishna Shelke,
The rank to score in jee mains are to be changed every year and that depends on the paper .
According to the range of marks scored by the candidates, then the corresponding rank of ranks has also been provided .,
JEE Main Scores
JEE Main Ranks (CRL)
For more information once visit the below link.,
Hope this helps you...
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Anna University, Chennai
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
8. University of Delhi, New Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Coimbatore
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
11. Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh
12. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
13. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
14. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
15. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
SRM institute, Haryana
17. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
19. Visva Bharati, Kolkata
20. Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
21. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
22. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
25. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
26. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
27. Gauhati University, Guwahati
28. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
29. Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur
31. TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
32. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur
33. Panjab University, Chandigarh
34. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
35. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
36. Mysore University, Mysore
37. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
38. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai
39. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
40. Anand Agricultural University, Anand
41. University of Madras, Chennai
42. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
43. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
44. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
45. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysore
46. Thapar University, Patiala
47. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
48. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
49. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
50. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
For integrated M.Tech., you can look into:
1. Invertis University, Bareilly
2. Tezpur University, Assam
3. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management, Gwalior
Hope this helps. All the best!
The two things which I can suggest you are:
(1). Appear for the scholarship cum entrance exams conducted by coaching centres and by scoring well in these exams you can get scholarship to study in the coaching.
(2). Take DLPD or online Test Series of a coaching centre and study from it.
OR as you have asked for the notes, I'm providing you the link to my own short notes of one of the chapters of Mathematics (Resonance Kota).
Here it is:
Your JEE Main brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile