About COMEDK UGET 2019
COMEDK UGET is a state-level exam conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for admission to undergraduate engineering courses at around 190 engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. Around 20,000 seats are offered through COMEDK UGET, with the number of applicants standing at more than 72 thousand. The exam is open to all candidates of Indian nationality.
The admission schedule of COMEDK UGET 2019 hasn’t been announced yet, but it is likely the exam will be held in the 2nd week of May – 2019. The exam will be a Computer-based test (CBT) and held in English language only. Application form of COMEDK UGET 2019 will open in online mode around the 3rd week of January. Before filling the application form, candidates need to verify their eligibility, as otherwise they will not be considered for admission.
|Exam level:||State Level Exam|
|Frequency:||Once a Year|
|Conducting Body:||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka|
Download all details about COMEDK UGET 2019Download Brochure
COMEDK UGET 2019 Important Dates
|16 Jan, 2019 - 19 Apr, 2019 (Tentative)||Application | Mode: Online|
|05 Feb, 2019 (Tentative)||Others - Mock Test - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|04 May, 2019 - 12 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card | Mode: Online|
|13 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Exam | Mode: Online|
|17 May, 2019 - 21 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Answer Key - Release of Provisional Answer Key and Start Date to challenge answer key and submission of objections | Mode: Online|
|25 May, 2019||Answer Key - Final Answer Key | Mode: Online|
|28 May, 2019||Result - Test Score Card | Mode: Online|
Depending on whether the candidate is seeking admission to B.Tech (B.E) or B.Arch, the COMEDK UGET 2019 eligibility criteria would be different. So, it is recommended that candidates go through the prescribed eligibility criteria of COMEDK UGET 2019 carefully. Among the key eligibility criteria that candidates have to meet include that of qualifying exam (QE) and minimum marks in QE. A quick highlight of the COMEDK UGET eligibility criteria is given below:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized institute.
- Subjects in Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject in the last two years.
- Marks in Qualifying Exam: The minimum marks required is 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together (40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State). Also, the candidate must pass each of these subjects individually. Of the aforementioned three subjects, Physics and Mathematics are compulsory, but in place of Chemistry, the candidate may have Bio Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible for the entrance exam, as there is no lateral admission scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Architecture Courses
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have passed second PUC or 10+2 or hold a Diploma (10+3)
- Subjects in Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have passed second PUC or 10+2 candidate must have studied Mathematics as a one of the subjects along with other subjects
- Marks in Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate (SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka need only 45%).
- Qualification in NATA or equivalent: B.Arch candidates aren’t required to appear in any separate entrance exam as admission will be based on NATA (or equivalent) scores.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|ST||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1300|
COMEDK authorities will release the application form of COMEDK UGET 2019 in online mode around the 3rd week of January. When filling the COMEDK UGET 2019 application form, candidates need to follow the prescribed guidelines, for example – use only valid email id and mobile number. Also, the email id and mobile number entered at the time of registration should be the same until the registration process is over, as most communication will be conducted through them. The steps to fill the COMEDK UGET application form 2019 are discussed in brief below:
Steps to fill COMEDK UGET 2019 Application form
- Registration: To register, candidates will have to enter their name, date of birth, email id and mobile number. Upon successful registration, user id and password would be generated and sent to registered email id.
- Filling the form: The application form will have sections like personal, academic and communication details. All relevant fields have to be filled.
- Uploading of documents: Next the candidate has to upload photograph, signature, and other documents in the prescribed format as shown in the table below.
JPEG or JPG
less than 80 kb
30 x 45mm
JPEG or JPG
less than 80 kb
35 x 80 mm
Signature of father/guardian
JPEG or JPG
less than 80 kb
35 x 80 mm
Unique ID proof
JPEG or JPG
less than 80 kb
35 x 80 mm
- Selection of test centres: The exam will be conducted across 300 centres. The candidate is allowed to select up to 3 centres in the order of priority.
- Payment of application fee: In the penultimate step, the candidate has to pay the admission fee in online mode via net banking, credit and debit cards.
|Stream||Fees (in Rupees)|
BOTH COMEDK AND UNIGAUGE
Rs 1300+ 18% GST + Convenience charges
Rs 2100+ 18% GST + Convenience charges
Application Submission: Check that the application is complete in all respects before submitting it.
COMEDK UGET E-books and Sample Papers
By going through the exam pattern of COMEDK UGET 2019, the candidate will get insights into details like the type and nature of questions asked, exam duration, and marking scheme. Using these details, candidates will be better able to execute their plans. The candidates for instance will be guided by the COMEDK UGET 2019 exam pattern to practice objective-type questions, and focus of speed and accuracy. The computer-based (online) exam will include questions from three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Pattern
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Objective
Mode of Examination
|Each correct answer carries 1 mark. |
Negative marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect response.
The exam conducting authorities will make available as many as 6 different mock test so that candidates not only get familiar with the computer-based test, but get enough practice. The COMEDK UGET mock tests will be a simulation of the real exam, and will include similar types of questions to the ones asked in the entrance exam. Consequently, the candidate can learn about types of questions asked and weightage given, which will aid in preparation. The COMEDK UGET mock tests can also be used for accessing one’s preparation in the final days of the exam, and make fine adjustments.
By taking the mock test, the candidate will be able to understand exam situation and how to keep one’s cool under pressure.
COMEDK UGET 2019 admit card will be released in online mode tentatively in the first week of May for candidates who have correctly filled the application form. To download the COMEDK UGET admit card, the candidates have to log-in to the portal using their user ID and password. The admit card would carry details like the name, roll and application numbers, and address of the exam centre. On the day of the exam, the candidate needs to bring along the COMEDK UGET admit card 2019 along with 2 recent passport-size photographs and an original photo ID.
How to download COMEDK UGET 2019 admit card
- Click on the admit card download link.
- Log-in using user Id and password.
- The admit card will be displayed on-screen.
- Download and take printout after checking details mentioned on it are correct.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Online Test Admission Ticket or Admit Card
- 2 recent passport-size photographs
- Original photo ID as mentioned in Application form: 1)Voter ID, 2) Passport, 3) PAN Card, 4) Driving License, or 5) Aadhar Card / E- Aadhar Card
Exam authorities will release the result of COMEDK UGET 2019 through applicant login tentatively in the last week of May 2019. The COMEDK UGET 2019 result would include the overall and subject-wise scores, and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. The allotment of seats to B.Tech courses will be based on the merit rank of the candidate. It is important that the candidate preserves the score card till the completion of the admission process.
How to check COMEDK UGET 2019 Result
- Log-in to applicant account using user id and password
- The result would be displayed on-screen post successful log-in
- Download and take a printout
Important details included in COMEDK UGET Result
- Registration/ Application Number of the candidate
- Online Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Date of Birth and Category
- Stream chosen and appeared for
- Test Score and Rank
124 Colleges Accepting Admission
After completion of the exam, authorities will first release a provisional answer key of COMEDK UGET 2019 around the 3rd week of May. The COMEDK UGET 2019 provisional answer key is supposed to contain correct answers to questions asked in the entrance exam. So candidates can compare their responses with those given on the answer key to calculate correct answers and subsequently probable score. When calculating probable score, the candidate has to follow the official marking scheme. The candidate however will also be able to challenge the answer keys if they have any doubts or think a key (s) is incorrect. COMEDK authorities will release the final answer key of COMEDK UGET 2019 around the 4th week of May after addressing all such complaints.
Please note that some coaching institutes may also release answer keys of COMEDK UGET, typically before release of the official keys.
The cutoff of COMEDK UGET are typically the minimum scores below which admission is not offered. So to be on the safer side, the candidate needs to score equal to or more that the COMEDK UGET 2019 cutoff determined for the branch, since the cutoff is determined branch-wise. In fact, each of the participating institute of COMEDK UGET 2019 will have their own unique cutoffs separately for each branch, and categories based on criteria like availability of seats, applications received for admission, category of the candidate and also its reputation.
The COMEDK UGET cutoff 2019 will include both the opening and closing ranks of admission.
Admission authorities will prepare a merit/rank list to shortlist candidates for the counselling process of COMEDK UGET 2019, which will be start tentatively around the 2-3rd week of July. The COMEDK UGET 2019 conselling will be held in centralized single-window format and in offline mode. There will two seat allotment rounds. To participate in the counselling process, short-listed candidates have to follow he following steps:
- Report at notified venue: Depending on the rank of the candidates, they will be assigned venues where they have to report in person.
- Document verification: The candidate in this step has to get his/her documents verified.
- Biometric and photo verification and registration: Next up is biometric and photo verification, post which the candidate will be issued registration slip.
- Seat Allotment: The candidate will have to fill three choices of colleges and course in the order of preference. Based on the choices entered by the candidates and their rank, seats will be allotted.
- Acknowledgement of seat allotment and payment of academic fee: The candidate has to accept the seat and pay the prescribed fee.
COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Printout of COMEDK Online Application Form
- Rank Card
- Online Test Admission Ticket(TAT) or Admit Card
- COMEDK Verification Entry Card
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Original ID proof
- Original ID proof of parent/guardian
- Proof of Date of Birth
- PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination mark sheet
- Category Certificate
- Proof showing parent (s) studied in Karnataka for 7 years (if applicable)
- Proof showing candidate studied in Karnataka for 7 years including SSLC / 10th or 2nd PUC / 12th Standard or equivalent exam (if applicable)
- Tulu Minority Certificate
- Christian minority certificate
- Hyderabad- Karnataka Region (if applicable)
- Karnataka Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
|Validity of Exam Result:||For 1 Year|
|Mode of Exam:||Online|
|Relevant Links:||Official Website Link Click Here|
Questions related to COMEDK UGET
Hello Aashish,There are 181 colleges are available in which only one government college are available through comedk "Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Tec...
I am from bihar. Can I take admission in bangalore university in IT or computer science engineering branches by giving comedk exam.
hiiyeah you can get the addmission through the comedk definately but you have to go under Comedk councelling along with that kindly once contact wi...
Dear Ramesh Inorder to score the more marks in Comedk. You can start the preparation from the books like NCERT, BITSAT book, Arihant Publication,...
You can even refer different online sites for such paper as we dont have its papers at present but its quite easy paper to solve if you are prepari...
Hello,The registration of COMEDK UGET will start from 2nd week of January, 2019.The application form for IPU CET will be available from the month o...
News and Articles
COMEDK UGET Mock Test 2019
COMEDK UGET Mock Test 2019 - COMEDK will release COMEDK UGET 2019 mock for all the aspi...
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2019
COMEDK UGET Counselling 2019 – The complete procedure of COMEDK UGET 2019 counselling a...
COMEDK UGET Answer Key 2019
COMEDK UGET Answer Key 2019 – Authorities will release the COMEDK UGET 2019 answer key ...
COMEDK UGET Sample Papers 2019
COMEDK UGET Sample Papers 2019– Candidates appearing for the examination are advised to...
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019
COMEDK UGET Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Candidates can check here COMEDK UGET 2019 elig...
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2019
COMEDK UGET Exam Pattern 2019 –Candidates can check COMEDK UGET 2019 exam pattern such ...
COMEDK UGET Admit Card 2019
COMEDK UGET Admit Card 2019 – The authorities will release COMEDK UGET 2019 admit card ...
COMEDK UGET Application Form 2019
COMEDK UGET Application Form 2019 – The registration process will be open tentatively i...
COMEDK UGET Important Dates 2019
COMEDK UGET Important Dates 2019 – Candidates can check here all the important dates of...
COMEDK UGET Rank Predictor 2019
COMEDK UGET Rank Predictor 2019 - Predict your rank by using the rank predictor tool of...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile