JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 - Closed
JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 - IIT Delhi has closed the submission of JEE Advanced application form at jeeadv.ac.in on September 17. However, candidates can submit the JEE Advanced 2020 application form fee till September 18 (5 pm). JEE Advanced form was available only in online mode at official website jeeadv.ac.in. Candidates had to register and submit before the JEE Advanced form 2020 within the last date. JEE Advanced form filling was in three steps which include JEE Advanced registration 2020 by using details of JEE Main application number and password, uploading of documents and payment of the JEE Advanced application form fee. To fill application form of JEE Advanced 2020, candidates had to be in top 2,50,000 rank in JEE Main Common Rank List. JEE Advanced application form 2020 for foreign candidates is also closed now. Candidates were advised to check the revised JEE Advanced eligibility before filling the application form. IIT Delhi has announced a hike in the JEE Advanced application fee, the details of which are mentioned below. The JEE Advanced 2020 admit card will also be available on the official website. JEE Advanced is the entrance test for admissions to the 23 Indian Institutes of Technology. Read the full article to know all about JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 like dates, documents to upload, fee to be paid, process to be followed.
Latest: To Fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 - Click Here. New cities added for JEE Advanced exam centres 2020.
How to Fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2020
Step 1 - JEE Advanced Registration using JEE Main 2020 Application Number and Password
Step 2 - Document Uploading
Step 3 - Payment of Registration Fee
Step 4 - Printing of Confirmation Page
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form - New Changes
- IIT Delhi has hiked the JEE Advanced registration fees for general category candidates. The hike is Rs 200 for male candidates belonging to General/ OBC (NCL/ EWS categories. The fee payable for JEE Advanced 2020 is Rs. 2800.
- The hike in registration fee of JEE Advanced for Females and male candidates belonging to SC/ST/Pwd/ categories is Rs 100. The fee payable is Rs. 1400.
- The number of cities at which JEE Advanced 2020 shall be conducted is increased from 171 to 212.
- While filling the JEE Advanced exam centres, candidates will now have to select eight cities of their preference instead of six.
Latest: JEE Advanced 2020 exam to be conducted on September 27
JEE Advanced 2020 Registration Dates
JEE Advanced registration date
September 12, 2020
|2||JEE Advanced 2020 application form start date for foreign candidates||September 5, 2020|
JEE Advanced application form last date
September 17, 2020
Last date to pay the registration fee
September 18, 2020
JEE Advanced 2020
September 27, 2020 (Announced)
Latest: JEE Advanced 2020 eligibility criteria has been revised, candidates who have passed class 12 irrespective of percentage can take admission in IITs
Steps to fill the JEE Advanced Application Form 2020
IIT Delhi released the JEE Advanced application form 2020 at jeeadv.ac.in on September 12. The Application form of JEE Advanced 2020 for foreign candidates was also released at jeeadv.ac.in from September 5. JEE Advanced application form is available in only online mode. The candidates can check the steps given below to fill the application form of JEE Advanced 2020 for reference purposes.
Step 1 - Registration: The first step is JEE Advanced 2020 registration where candidates must login using their JEE Main 2020 roll number and password. Personal, academic and contact details which were submitted during JEE Main 2020 registration will be reflected on the screen. Candidates must check these details first to ensure their accuracy. Thereafter they must enter additional details like preferred language of exam (Hindi/ English), eight exam cities in the order of preference etc. Candidates will be allowed to enter an additional mobile phone number and an additional email id along with the ones entered during JEE Main registration 2020.
A password for future login also has to be created by the candidates. The given instructions have to be followed while creating a password:
The password should be between 8 to 13 characters and should consist of at least one uppercase letter, lowercase letter, numeric value and special character (!@#$%^&*).
Candidates will be able to reset their password if they wish to.
The password is not to be shared with any other person.
Procedure to reset JEE Advanced password
The security question chosen during the time of registration has to be answered by the candidates.
The verification code sent to their registered number has to be provided by the candidates.
Reset link will be sent to the registered email ID.
Step 2 - Document Uploading: In the next step, the candidates will have to upload the following scanned documents. IIT Delhi has specified the documents to be uploaded as per the catrgory ofthe applicant. Candidates must check for the same and upload the necessary documents.
Documents to be uploaded by all candidates
- Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it OR birth certificate.
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2019 or whose Board declared the Class XII (or equivalent examination) result after June 2018).
- If the name is not same as in the Class X certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name
- Indian Candidates: File size is 50 to 300 KB and format is JPG only
- Foreign candidates: File size is 4 to 40 KB and format is JPG only
In addition, the category certificates to be uploaded by candidates with the JEE Advanced application form 2020 are listed as follows.
- GEN-EWS candidates: The certificate to be uploaded should have been issued on or after April 01, 2020 in consonance with the latest guidelines of the Government of India. Candidates unable to get the certificate accordingly may upload a declaration (Declaration in Lieu of GEN-EWS Certificate) to that effect.
- OBC-NCL candidates: The certificate should have been issued on or after April 01, 2020 in consonance with the latest guidelines of the Government of India. If any OBC-NCL candidate fails to collect the OBC-NCL certificate (issued on or after April 01, 2020) before online JEE Advanced registration, he/she may upload a declaration (Declaration in Lieu of OBC-NCL Certificate) to that effect. Candidates may visit ncbc.nic.in for latest guidelines and updates on the Central List of State-wise OBCs.
- SC or ST candidates: Students must upload the caste certificate (for SC) or tribe certificate(for ST) as per the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- PwD candidates: Candidates under this category must upload the Physical Disability certificate (FORM-PwD II/III/IV whichever is applicable]) issued by the notified medical authority.
- Dyslexic candidates: They need to submit FORM-DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 instead of FORM-PwD. The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under Dyslexia category to enable the candidate to get the benefit of PwD category.
- For Scribe Services: Candidates needing the services of a scribe must send a request letter to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT (FORM-SCRIBE).
- DS category candidates: They must upload the certificate (FORM-DS) issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Foreign candidates: They should check the direct link at jeeadv.ac.in/foreign.php to know the documents they have to upload.
- Candidates whose Class XII examination Board is outside India or is not listed in the examinations considered equivalent to class 12 must submit a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination qualified by the candidates is equivalent to the class 12 examination.
Step 3 - Payment of JEE Advanced Registration Fee: The next step is the JEE Advanced application fee payment which can be done both in online (net banking/credit card/debit card) and offline mode (e-challan).
Through Online Mode (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)
Click on “Pay Registration Fee”
Candidates will be redirected to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page.
The mode of payment from net banking/credit card/debit card has to be selected.
A unique registration number will be generated after the payment is successful
Candidates are advised to take a print out of the registration number and other details for future use.
Through Offline Mode
For cash payment, the candidates will have to generate the challan by selecting “SBI Branch”.
Payment can be done at any SBI branch using the e-challan and cash.
After the payment is done, the transaction details have to be entered to generate the unique registration number.
A print out of the registration details along with the number has to be taken.
Payment Procedure for SAARC and Non-SAARC Exam Centre Candidates
Candidates will have to make the payment on the MOPS page.
International debit/credit card issued by Foreign banks outside India has to be used.
After payment, the registration details along with the unique number has to be printed out.
Cards issued in India will not be able to make the payment in terms of US currency.
JEE Advanced 2020 Application Fee: IIT Delhi has specified the registration fee of JEE Advanced as per the exam city and the type of candidate. The details can be checked below before initiating payment.
JEE Advanced Registration Fee 2020 for Examination Centres in India
Type of candidate
Category of Candidates
Female Candidates (all categories)
SC, ST, PwD Candidates
All Other Candidates
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
JEE Advanced 2020 Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries
Category of candidate with fee details
All Indian Nationals
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
Step 4 - Printing of Confirmation Page: Finally, the candidates will have to submit the application form and take a print out of the confirmation page. The printed confirmation page has to be kept safely for future use.
Who can Apply for JEE Advanced as Foreign Candidate?
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India by birth or naturalized and have studied or are studying abroad in class 12 level or equivalent at the time of registering for JEE(Advanced) 2020, are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total number of seats in every course. Foreign nationals are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD (Persons with Disability) categories as mandated by Govt. of India.
While filling the JEE Advanced 2020 application form, candidates must enter eight cities of their choice in the order of preference. This is mandatory as per the instructions issued by IIT Delhi for JEE Advanced 2020. The total exam centres that are available to candidates are spread over 222 cities It must be noted that candidates cannot change their choice of exam cities after submission of the application form of JEE Advanced 2020. The exact address of the exam centre of JEE Advanced will be mentioned on the admit card.
JEE Advanced Login 2020
Candidates need to enter their JEE Main application number as well as the password chosen by them to login to the JEE Advanced application portal. The JEE Advanced 2020 candidate login is used for many purposes. They are
- JEE Advanced login can be used to fill the application form in stages. This is possible till the last date only
- To download the admit card, candidates have to use the login of JEE Advanced 2020
- To print the confirmation page of JEE Advanced.
- To check and download the JEE Advanced result 2020 and rank card
- To make any corrections for defects pointed out by the zonal IIT.
The image of the login window of JEE Advanced 2020 looks
Forgot JEE Advanced 2020 password?
If candidates have forgotten the JEE Advanced password to login, they can retrieve the same. The process to do so is to given below
- Click on the forgot password option
- Choose one of the options given therein.
- Fill the details asked as per the option chosen
- The password will be sent to the candidate.
The image of how to retrieve the password of JEE Advanced 2020 is given below
How to correct mistakes in JEE Advanced application form?
There is no provision to correct any mistakes made in the application form. Candidates therefore are advised to be careful while filling the application form of JEE Advanced 2020. They will not be offered a chance to correct any details once they submit the form.
What after JEE Advanced Application Form 2020?
After the candidates submit the application form of JEE Advanced 2020, the candidates will be able to access their admit card from the official website on September 21. Candidates must download the JEE Advanced 2020 admit card before the last date. The admit card will be generated for only the registered candidates. It is essential for the candidates to produce the JEE Advanced 2020 admit card at the examination centre. Failure to bring the admit card may lead to disqualification from the examination.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - JEE Advanced Application Form 2020 - Closed
Question: Should I wait till the last date to fill and submit JEE Advanced 2020 application form?
It is not advisable to wait till the last day to apply for JEE Advanced 2020, as this increases the possibilities of missing the deadline due to technical issues. Also, the chances to make mistakes while filling the form also doubles at this point and time.
Question: I have entered category wrongly during JEE Advanced registration. Can I rectify it during JEE Advanced registration 2020?
No, you can not change your category.
Question: Do I need to enter my mobile number in the JEE Advanced application form 2020?
Yes, candidates have to enter one valid mobile number in JEE Advanced 2020 application form. You can also enter the maximum of two mobile numbers only.
Question: I have accepted a seat during JoSAA 2019. Will I be still considered eligible for JEE Advanced 2020?
You can no longer apply for JEE Advanced 2020, if you have been offered a seat at any of the IITs.
Question: I took admission in a NIT in 2019. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2020?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2020, provided you meet all the other eligibility criteria as prescribed.
Questions related to JEE Advanced
can I carry the food for jee advanced exam for afternoon if not what about the food
Yes, you can carry your food with yourself in the exam centre but not in the examination hall or you can eat your food at home and after go your exam centre.
All the best for your exam.
Best books for Jee Mains 2021 and Jee Advanced 2021
Hello , for JEE Main and Advance some book that are popular amongst aspirants are
JEE Mains Book
- NCERT for basics
- Physical chemistry - RC Mukherjee
- Organic chemistry - MD Chauhan
- Inorganic chemistry - NCERT
- RD Sharma for basics
- Arihant series of jee maths - Amit M Agarwal
- concepts of Physics - HC Verma
- JEE mains series by Arihant Publication - DC Pandey
JEE Advanced Book
- physical chemistry - OP Tandon
- Organic chemistry - Morrison
- Inorganic chemistry - JD Lee
- Physical chemistry - N Awasthi
- Organic chemistry - MC Chauhan
- Inorganic chemistry - VK Jaiswal
- Arihant series - Amit M Agarwal
- concept of Physics - HC Verma
- Arihant series - DC Pandey
- I.E. Irodov
- Principles of Physics- Resnick and Halliday
Good luck for your future..
I got my ews certificate after submission jee advance farm, now can i upload my ews
How apply ews certificate sir after submissionjeeadvanced application
What I need to upload in additional category certificate If I belong to OBC (NCL).....I have uploaded caste certificate provided by State Govt... Is this correct or wrong?
If your interested in then apply for obc certificate online if there is no time means just.leave it your income certificate is enough
Beacause in that your cast and yearly income is written
Hope this may help you
for AAT exam is it necessary to qualify jee mains(paper 1) and jee advance (btech)
To be eligible to write JEE Advanced AAT 2020 exams one should fulfill the following criterias -
- Should have attempted and qualified JEE Advanced 2020.
- All other general eligibility related to academics also has to be met by the candidates.
If the candidates fail to meet these criterias they'll be disqualified from the admission process.
For more further details please refer to the link below:-