KCET Exam Pattern 2018 - Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has provided the exam pattern of KCET 2018. KCET exam pattern enabled the candidates to know how many questions were asked from each subject and how many papers were held. The exam pattern of KCET 2018 also informed the candidate about the languages in which the exam was conducted. KCET exam pattern 2018 help the candidate know about the marking scheme and exam duration. By knowing the format of the offline entrance exam, candidates were able to draw a clear-cut strategy for KCET. To know the details about the KCET 2018 exam pattern, candidates can read the rest of the article that is given below.
Latest - KCET 2018 Result Announced
KCET 2018 was a state level entrance exam for admission to B.Tech programmes in at least 220 government colleges, private unaided and aided universities of Karnataka. The KCET 2018 entrance exam was conducted on April 18 & 19, 2018. The application process of KCET 2018 is now over. The result of Karnataka CET 2018 has been declared on June 1 in online mode.
KCET Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern of KCET 2018 consists of the total number of questions which are asked from each of the subjects. Candidates can check the table that is given below to know about the number of questions that are asked.
Total Number of questions in KCET 2018
Number of questions
Important Points related to KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
1. Number of Papers - There were two papers which the candidates had to answer in KCET 2018 on two different days. On April 18, 2018, Mathematics and Biology paper were held and on April 19, 2018, Physics and Chemistry were held.
2. Mode of Language of KCET 2018 - Candidates had to answer the question paper of Karnataka CET in either English or Kannada.
3. Duration of the Exam – Each paper of KCET 2018 were of 1:20 hours.
4. Mode of KCET 2018 Exam- The KCET 2018 exam was conducted in offline mode. Candidates had to use either a blue or black ball point pen to select the right answer.
5. Type of questions- Candidates had to answer the multiple choice questions by selecting the right answer in the KCET exam.
6. Marking Scheme- Candidates were awarded 1 mark for every correct answer for the questions that they answered in KCET 2018. There was no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
KCET 2018 Syllabus: Candidates can check the KCET 2018 syllabus to know about the topics from where questions were asked. Knowing the syllabus of Physics, chemistry and Maths of KCET would have helped the candidates to draw a plan for themselves. Questions were mostly asked from the first and second PUC syllabi that had been recommended by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
KCET Sample Papers 2018: Candidates can check KCET 2018 sample papers for practising different types of questions that were asked in the Karnataka CET 2018 exam. Candidates could download them and solve them. Knowing the exam pattern of KCET 2018 well in advance would have helped the candidates to solve the sample papers of KCET effectively.
KCET 2018 sample papers
KCET Sample Papers 2016
KCET Question Papers with Answer Keys (2014-15)