What is Chandigarh Admission?
Chandigarh Admission Important Dates
Registration for counselling
17/Jul/2018 to 24/Jul/2018
24/Jul/2018 to 04/Aug/2018
05/Jun/2018 to 30/Jun/2018
08/Jul/2018 to 17/Jul/2018
Chandigarh Admission Application Details
Candidates need to pay non-refundable registration fee of Rs.1800.
Candidates are required to register online before the commencement of first round of counselling.
Eligible candidates should log in using Roll Number of JEE Main and Password created during registration of JEE Main.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Application Form will automatically fetch the basic details of candidates entered in JEE Main Application Form. Candidates will not be allowed to change these details while filling the application form.
Additional information like, reservation criteria, passed from Chandigarh or Outside Chandigarh etc. will be required to be entered by candidates
Candidates must be very careful while opting for their reservation categories. Those who have opted for OBC in JEE Main, have to choose their category as BC if they fulfill the requirement of BC according to JAC norms otherwise they will have to select their category as General.
Correction in PWD status will not be allowed in the application form of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Application Fee Payment
SBI Bank E-challan
Candidates need to print the SBI E-Challan during the online registration, for paying the fee at any branch of SBI Bank across Indi
After payment of fee, candidates must log in to enter the following payment details
Transaction Sequence Number
Branch Code & Branch Name
Date of Deposit
Debit/Credit card though HDFC payment gateway services
Students need to take print out of the confirmation page generated, after filling all the details and paying the fee for JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Application Form.
They must report to office for document verification as per the counselling schedule.
Chandigarh Admission Eligibility Criteria
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have passed class XII or equivalent examination with Language, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry /Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational
The aspirants belonging to general category must have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60%, while SC/ST/PH candidates must have secured aminimum aggegate marks of 55%
They are required to have qualified in JEE Main exam.
The Chandigarh Engineering Eligibility Criteria is same as JEE Main as specified by the CSAB.
Candidates must be Indian nationals
The eye vision of the aspirants should conform to the following criteria.
Distant Eye – Better Eye to be between 6/9 and 6/6, while
Worse Eye to be between 6/9 and 6/12
Near Vision – Better eye must be 0/6 & Worse eye must be 0/8
Chandigarh Admission Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
Chandigarh Admission Counselling Details
- Eligible candidates are required to log in by using Roll Number of JEE Main and password (used during JEE Main Registration).
- Further, they will be required to make payment of Rs 1500 as counseling fee via Debit Card/Credit Card/e-Challan, where, this fee is non-refundable.
- Examinees need to take print copy of the confirmation page, generated on successful registration.
Candidates applying under sports category seats of Dr. SSBUICET/UIET/UIET PUSSGRC/PEC/CCET/CCA must submit the following original documents along with their three sets of photocopies.
- Confirmation page generated after online registration
- An affidavit duly attested by a Magistrate class I/II regarding his/her achievement in sports on stamp paper of Rs 5/- or above
- Other affidavits as specified by the university
- Sports certificate
- Photocopies of class X and XII certificates
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Counselling Online Choice Filling
- Candidates, who have registered and paid the registration fee will be permitted by JAC to take part in JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Counselling process.
- Aspiring candidates have to enter their choice of colleges/JAC participating instituteswith branches according to their preferences.
- Seats matrix of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Counselling process is made available according to the availability (institution wise and the branch wise).
- Prior to the final locking of choices, candidates are allowed to add, delete, change and re-order their choices.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Mock Counselling
- Candidates are able to finalize the most appropriate choice of institutions through Mock Counselling.
- Mock counseling provides a basic idea about counselling process, seat allotment and choice filling. So candidates must be aware of the allotment rounds and the seat availability.
Choice Locking & Finalizing
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Counselling process depends on various conditions mentioned below for choice locking and finalization.
- Candidates are required to lock their choices after thorough consideration.
- Once choices are locked, candidates will not be able to change their choices.
- Candidates have to click the LOCK button to lock the choices, and follow the specified steps.
- Students are required to take a printout of the choices after locking them.
- In case candidates fail to lock their final choices, the last saved choices will be taken into consideration.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission Seat Allotment
Seat Allotment of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission is completely based on JEE Main ranks and the choices filled by the candidates.
General Seat Allotment Rules
- In this process, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally, and seats will be allotted accordingly.
- The candidates will be communicated about the allotted seats through SMS or updated through official notification.
- Aspiring candidates have to login to the respective window to check their allotted seats. Seat Allotment details will be displayed on the screen when it is updated.
If the candidates are allotted seats first time in any of the first attempts, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:
a) As per the admission procedure, an amount of Rs. 40,000 has to be paid through Debit Card/Credit Card/e-Challan.
b) Payment of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission fee will be made via this E-Challan.
c) Except 4th, SPOT round, candidates are required to show willingness for upgradation (Yes or No option).
d) After completion of the above steps, the candidates will be able to generate an online Provisional Admission Letter, which contains detail information about seat allotment, fee payment and willingness for upgradation.
Status confirmation of fee payment of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission
- Candidates, whose status on payment of fee is confirmed, will be treated as successful reported candidates against allotted seats.
- Candidates, who get seat allotment for the first time in any of the first 3 rounds of JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission, their seat allotment will be automatically cancelled on the ground of non-payment of fee. Moreover, for subsequent rounds of counseling, candidates will not be considered, except the spot round of counseling.
- If a candidate is offered a seat under different categories, the seat will be considered as allotted in general category in subsequent rounds. Any iteration is subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
- If a candidate is offered a seat under sports category, depending on his/her ranks in sports and defence, then the same choice will not be considered for upgradation under other categories except general category in subsequent rounds/seat allotment iterations.
- Candidates can withdraw their provisional admission at any stage, except SPOT round of counseling. They will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling, except SPOT round of counseling.
- Eligible candidates in defense and sports seats, the choices are determined on the basis of their ranks in sports and defense. However, the best options will be allotted to the suitable candidates.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admission counselling rounds
For admission to various undergraduate engineering courses, JAC Chandigarh conducts three rounds of counselling process.
Candidates are required to register themselves with JAC and pay their counselling fee, and seats are allotted on the basis of merit ranks and preferences of candidates.
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 4789 Joined
- 22 Questions