What is JMI Admissions?
JMI Admissions Application Details
Mode of Payment - Net Banking/Credit Card/ATM-cum-Debit Card/SBI e-Challan
Application Fee - Rs. 550 + Bank Charges
How to fill JMI Admission Application Form?
Step 1- Candidates Registration
Candidates need to fill in their personal details, educational background, marks obtained and contact details.
Now, they are required to fill in their preferred city of the entrance exam.
The applicants are expected to upload their scanned photograph which should be in “jpeg” format and should not be more than 100KB.
They need to upload the scanned signature by using a black or blue ball pen on a white sheet.
The signature should be in jpeg format and should not be more than 100 KB.
On completion of the information, the university will send a unique Jamia Registration id and password to candidate’s email address.
Candidates need to login using the details and complete the process of filling the application form.
Step 2: Programme Registration
Candidates seeking admission to B.Tech and B. Arch course need to fill the JMI application form separately.
Candidates seeking admission for JMI’s B.Tech. as well as B.Arch programmes must appear in JEE (Main) Paper-1 as well as Paper-2 examination.
Candidates seeking Reservation for JMI
Candidates need to fill in the application form of JMI with the below mentioned category under which they are seeking admission.
- Seats are also reserved for candidates from Jammu & Kashmir and for Kashmiri Migrants.
Step 3: Fee Payment
In case the candidates are not able to make the payment online, in that case they can make the payment of fees through cash at any branch of State Bank of India by downloading the Challan from the Entrance Test Portal.
Candidates may download the duly filled up State Bank of India challan from the Entrance Test Portal only after they select the "cash payment" option while filling the application form online.
Candidates, after reviewing the application form and checking if all the details are correctly filled need to click on “ confirm” and submit it
After making the payment of fees online, an acknowledgement slip will be generated, which the candidates are required to keep safely for future correspondence.
It’s important to have access to computer and internet for filling the JMI application form.
The candidates should have a valid email address for receiving all future correspondence.
They should have mobile number on which the candidates can receive SMS based notifications/communications related to the online application, admission counselling etc till the admission process is over and subsequently, if admitted.
Candidates must note that none of the documents are required to be submitted while filling the application form online.
Candidates need to produce original certificates issued by recognised authorities at the time of the final admission. In case of any discrepancy in the information furnished in the online application form and the documents furnished by the candidates, the candidature will be cancelled.
Applicants need not submit the printout of the online application form or proof of payment of the application form i.e submitted to the university. It is important that the candidates must retain a copy of the said documents for their own record.
JMI Admissions Eligibility Criteria
JMI Admissions Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Programmes
Candidates must have passed class XII/Intermediate or its equivalent from a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects, with at least 55% marks in PCM.
Candidates must have done diploma in Engineering recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of 3 or 4-year duration with at least 55% marks.
JMI Admissions Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
JMI Admissions Counselling Details
- The candidates shortlisted in counselling of JMI Admissions will appear in the counselling conducted by the university.
- The merit list of counselling displays the selected candidates' roll numbers along with the schedule which includes branch, date and time slot respectively.
- Seat allotment is made based on the merit rank obtained in JEE Main and particular branch opted in JMI EEE Application form.
Documents requried in JMI EEE Counselling session-
- Candidates should bring the downloaded Admit Card, Registration form and five copies of recent Passport size Photograph at the time of admission.
- JEE Main Rank card (proof of rank obtained in JEE Main)
- Proof of passing the Class XII and Class X examinations, together with the original marks sheet, in accordance with the eligibility requirements for admission as mentioned in prospectus.
- Proof of age based on the certificate of High School / Secondary School examination.
- Proof of permanent address (Voter ID Card, Passport, Driving License,Aadhar Card) as declared in the application form with the name of Police Station and the District.
- Muslim OBC and Muslim ST Candidates will be required to submit the respective category certificate issued by the competent authority recently.
- In addition to this Muslim OBC candidates will be required to submit the certificate of not belonging to creamy layer issued by the competent authority.
- For candidates who have applied in PWD category, certificate for disability is required from a government certified authority.
- Candidates seeking admission under ‘Kashmiri Migrants’ Category will be required to submit a certificate in support of their claim of being Kashmiri Migrants obtained from the registered Divisional Commissioner, of the concerned State/Union Territory.
- Candidates seeking admission under ‘Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir’ Category will be required to submit a state-domicile certificate in support of their claim of being from Jammu & Kashmir.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended.
- Certificate from an M.B.B.S. doctor or a government hospital certifying blood group.
- In case an intervening / gap period is involved, the candidate has to submit a certificate/ affidavit from Class 1 Gazetted Officer / Notary Public for the entire intervening / gap period showing year-wise preoccupation and non-indulgence in any criminal activities after leaving the institution last attended.
- Affidavit for not indulging in ragging activity as per prescribed Performa from both candidate and guardian.
JMI Admissions Counselling Centers
JMI Admissions counselling will be held at 1 center across the country
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 2386 Joined
- 39 Questions