About UPESEAT 2019
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) will be conducting UPESEAT 2019 tentatively in May, 2019. Candidates who wishes to take admission in the B.Tech programmes offered by the institute will be able to apply for the exam, if they meet the eligibility criteria of UPESEAT 2019 set by the institute. The UPESEAT 2019 entrance examination will be conducted in both online and offline mode. The application form of UPESEAT 2019 will be available tentatively from September, 2018 in both online and offline mode. The admission authority of the insitute will release the admit card of UPESEAT 2019 tentatively in the last week of April, 2019. The institute will offer admission to the candidates in B.Tech programmes on the basis of three channels: UPESEAT, JEE Main merit or Class 12th through the centralised counselling. Candidates who will successfully qualify the UPESEAT 2019 exam will be required to attend the counselling of UPESEAT 2019 along with the required documents for the verification purpose. Candidates will be allotted the seat upon successful document verification.
University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) was established in 2003 in Dehradun through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand. UPES is a UGC recognised and NAAC accredited university. The University offers various degree programmes & courses to the candidates.
|Exam level:||University Level Exam|
|Conducting Body:||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies|
Download all details about UPESEAT 2019Download Brochure
UPESEAT 2019 Important Dates
|17 Sep, 2018 - 28 Apr, 2019 (Tentative)||Application - UPESEAT Application Form 2019 | Mode: Offline and Online|
|04 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card - UPESEAT Admit Card 2019 - Available | Mode: Online|
|05 May, 2019 - 11 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Exam - UPESEAT Examination 2019 | Mode: Offline and Online|
|20 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Result - UPESEAT Result 2019 | Mode: Online|
|27 May, 2019 (Tentative)||Counselling - UPESEAT Counselling 2019 - Start Date | Mode: Offline and Online|
UPESEAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wishes to apply for the admission in UPES are required to check the eligibility criteria of UPESEAT 2019 before filling the application form of the entrance exam. The admission authority will set the UPESEAT 2019 eligibility criteria to limit the admissions and only the candidates meeting the set criteria will be allowed to appear for the examination. Candidates will be able to apply to UPES for the admission through any of the three channels. All the candidates applying for the admission in the University will be required to have an age of less than or equivalent to 21 years i.e., they should be born on or after October 1, 1997 to be eligible to apply.
1. UPESEAT Entrance Exam 2019: Candidates applying for the admission in the university through the entrnace exam conducted by the University will have to meet the following eligibility criteria of UPESEAT 2019:
- Candidates should have secured at least 60% marks in their Class 10th & 12th both
- Candidates should have secured at least 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in their Class 12th
2. Board Exams: Candidates who are applying for the admission in the University through the Board exams will be required to meet following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have secured at least 80% marks in their Class 10th & 12th both
- Candidates should have secured at least 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in their Class 12th
3. JEE Main 2019: Candidates who are willing to take admission in the University through JEE Main 2019 will be required to meet the following eligibility critera:
- Candidates should have successfully qualified JEE Main 2019
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in their Class 10th & 12th both
- Candidates should have also secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in their Class 12th
Mode of Application : Offline and Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft | Other
|General||Online and Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1850|
|OBC||Online and Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1850|
|SC||Online and Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1850|
|ST||Online and Offline||Male, Female||₹ 1850|
The admission authority of the University will release the application form of UPESEAT 2019 tentatively in September, 2018. The UPESEAT 2019 application form will be available to the candidates in both online and offline mode. The offline application forms of UPESEAT 2019 will be available till the last week of April, 2019 while the online application forms of UPESEAT 2019 will be availbel till the first week of May, 2019. Candidates will be required to pay Rs. 1850/- as the application fee of UPESEAT 2019 either through online or offline mode.
Procedure to Fill the Online Application Form of UPESEAT 2019
STEP 1- Registration: Candidates will first be required to register themselves first before filling the application form of UPESEAT 2019. For the registration candidates will be required to enter the following details: Name, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Email ID, Mobile number, City, State, Course you are applying for, etc. Click on submit option.
STEP 2- Input the One Time Password (OTP): Candidates after submitting the details in the application form will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number. Submit the OTP received in the box provided. Once, this step is confirmed, a confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email of the candidate comprising of the username and password.
STEP 3- Log-in & Confirm the Details: Candidates should log into the portal by using the username and password received on the email. After log in, check all the details filled in the application form and then submit it by clicking on “Confirm”.
STEP 4- Payment of Application Fee: Candidates will be redirected to the payment page for the payment of application fee. The candidates will be required to pay Rs. 1850/- as application fee of UPESEAT 2019 can be done in either online (Debit/Credit Card) or offline mode (Demand Draft or Cash). Demand Draft has to be drawn in favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun or Delhi.
Offline Application Form of UPESEAT 2019
The offline mode of application form of UPESEAT 2019 will be available at various counters located in the cities of Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Mumbai, Dhanbad and Patna where candidates can visit personally and by making the payment of Rs. 1850/- can receive the offline application form along with the Admission Brochure 2019. The candidates will be required to fill in the application form and send it to the following address: “UPES Enrolment Office, 210, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III, New Delhi 110020”.
UPESEAT E-books and Sample Papers
UPESEAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Candidates appearing for the entrance examination are advised to have a look at the preparation tips of UPESEAT 2019 once. The UPESEAT 2019 preparation tips are for the benefit of the candidates only which will help motivate the candidate while preparing for the examination. Candidates can prepare well for the examination with proper focus and organized schedule. Candidates should give more preference to the mock tests and previous years question papers. Below are some of the preparation tips for UPESEAT 2019:
- Reference Material: Candidates must arrange all the study materials well in advance so that while preparation they doesn’t land in stress. The syllabus of most of the entrance examination is based on the Class 12th syllabus. Thus, if the candidates is thorough with their Class 12th syllabus, they will be having a plus point in this regard. Candidates are advised to be thorough with their syllabus and improve the aptitude in general knowledge and current affairs with regular newspaper reading.
- Mock Tests & Sample Papers: Candidates should take up more and more mock tests and sample papers while preparing for the examination. With the help of practising mock tests and sample papers, candidates will be able to manage their time and also prepare themselves for the UPESEAT 2019 examination. The sample papers of UPESEAT 2019 will be available from the fourth week of March, 2019 for the candidates who can prepare well for the examination.
- Time Management: Candidates must know that the time is very precious, once gone it will never come back. The time should be arranged in such a way so that the candidates is able to cover all the topics within the stipulated time period. Also, the duration of exam is 3 hours, therefore candidates are advised to practise more and more question papers so that they are able to attempt all the questions within the given time frame.
- Equal Importance to each Subjects: Candidates should focus on all the subjects rather than focussing only on a single subject. Physics, Chemistry and Maths are equally important and neither of these should not be ignored. Candidates should divide the subjects in such a way that they are able to cover each and every topic before the exam. Major focus should be given to the topics from Class 12th and then revision from class 11th topics should be done.
- Strategy on Exam day: There are no negative markings in the question paper of UPESEAT 2019. Thus, candidates are advised to attempt all the questions so that they have maximum chances of getting the highest score in the examination. Candidates should start with that section which the candidate thinks is easiest as per their preparation and knowledge.
UPESEAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing for the UPESEAT 2019 exam are required to go through the exam pattern of UPESEAT 2019 once before attempting the exam. The UPESEAT 2019 exam pattern will help the candidate guide through the marking scheme, number of questions, arrangement of questions in the paper, types of questions, duration of exam and more. With the help of these information, candidates will have a general idea regarding the examination so that the candidate can attempt to it in a well manner.
UPESEAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam
Total number of questions
200 (Mathematics- 50, Physics-50, Chemistry- 50, English Language Comprehension- 30, Current Affairs Awareness- 20)
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Medium of exam
Duration of Exam
1 mark for each correct answer
No Negative Marking
UPESEAT 2019 Admit Card
The admission authority of the institute will release the admit card of UPESEAT 2019 for the eligible candidates who have successfully submitted their complete application form of UPESEAT 2019. The incomplete application received will be subjected to rejection. The admission authority will release the UPESEAT 2019 admit card in an online mode tentatively in the last week of April, 2019. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by visiting the online admission portal and loggin in by providing their details such as application number and date of birth. Candidates are advised to check the details mentioned on the admit card before downloading whether they are correct or not. In case of any misprints, candidates are advised to contact the admission authority immediately. The admit card will consist of the details such as details of the candidate, address of the centre, date of the examination, important instructions, etc/ Candidates will be required to present the UPESEAT 2019 admit card at the time of the examination, without which the candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates will have to keep their admit card safe until the counselling process is complete.
UPESEAT 2019 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- UPESEAT Admit Card 2019
- Government ID
UPESEAT 2019 Result
The result of UPESEAT 2019 will be declared tentatively in the third week of May, 2019. The UPESEAT 2019 result will comprise of the aggregate marks, section-wise marks, overall rank and category-wise rank of the candidates who have appeared in the examination. The candidates will have to log in to their admission portal by using their application form number and date of birth after which the result will be displayed on the screen.
5 Colleges Accepting Admission
UPESEAT 2019 Answer Key
The admission authority of the institute does not release the answer key of UPESEAT 2019. If in case, the authority releases the UPESEAT 2019 answer key, it will be made available to candidates from this page. Even if the answer key is released by any of the coaching institutes, it will be available to the candidates as soon as it gets released.
UPESEAT 2019 Cutoff
The cutoff of UPESEAT 2019 is the minimum marks that would be required by the candidates to qualify for the admission process. The candidates who will meet the cutoff criteria will be required to proceed to the counselling process in the institute. UPESEAT 2019 cutoff will be determined on various factors such as availability of seats, number of candidates appearing in the exam, difficulty level of the exam and previous years cutoff trends.
UPESEAT 2019 Counselling
The counselling of UPESEAT 2019 will be the centralised counselling based on the JEE Main 2019 score, Class 12th Board and UPESEAT 2019 merit list. Candidates will be invited to attend the UPESEAT 2019 counselling process. The candidates will be required to bring along the required documents for the verification purpose and seat allotment process. Only those candidates will be allotted the seat whose documents verification will be done.
UPESEAT 2019 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- UPESEAT Admit Card 2019
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Marksheet/Certificate
- Class 10th Admit Card
- Class 12th Marksheet/Certificate
- Class 12th Admit Card
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
Questions related to UPESEAT
Dear Govardhan, UPESEAT exam has its difficulties in English and General Awareness while rest subjects are PCM whose level is somehow below or...
The results shall be declared on 22nd May 2018. You need to enter your application number, Roll Number and Mobile number to access the result. Yo...
There is not so much scope in petroluem energy b.tech in india.You should choose other courses.
No there is no negative marking in upeseat as of till UPESEAT 2017.
http://applyadmission.net/upes2018/UPESEATAdmitCardMay2018.asp the link from which you can download your admit card. it is made available from...
News and Articles
UPESEAT Admit Card 2019
UPESEAT Admit Card 2019 - University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) will releas...
UPESEAT Sample Papers 2019
UPESEAT Sample Papers 2019 - Candidates can check here all the details related to the s...
UPESEAT Result 2019
UPESEAT Result 2019 – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies will announce the UPES...
UPESEAT Exam Pattern 2019
UPESEAT Exam Pattern 2019 – The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies will release...
UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria 2019– Candidates who wish to appear in the UPESEAT 2019 ex...
UPESEAT Application Form 2019
UPESEAT Application Form 2019 - UPES, Dehradun has released UPESEAT 2019 application fo...
UPESEAT 2019 - University of Petroleum & Energy (UPES) will conduct UPESEAT 2019 tentat...
UPESEAT 2019 Preparation Tips By Expert- D...
UPESEAT 2019 Preparation Tips by Expert - Candidates can read the UPESEAT 2019 Preparat...
UPESEAT Counselling 2018
UPESEAT Counselling 2018 – University of Petroleum & Energy (UPES) will conduct UPESEAT...
UPESEAT Cutoff 2018
UPESEAT Cutoff 2018 - UPES will release the UPESEAT 2018 Cutoff after the declaration o...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile