About SMIT Online Test 2021
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) has released the SMIT B.Tech 2021 application form in online mode at smu.edu.in. The last date to submit the application form of SMIT B.Tech is April 15. The exam authorities will conduct the entrance examination for SMIT B.Tech admission 2021 in online mode. To fill the application online, the candidate has to get registered, fill in relevant details, upload documents in the prescribed format, and pay the application fee of Rs 1000. The candidates can download the application form from the website in case they want to submit it offline.
Latest SMIT B.Tech Updates - To fill SMIT B.Tech Application Form 2021: Click here
The SMIT B.Tech exam will be conducted in online mode and will include objective type questions (MCQs). The syllabus of the SMIT B.Tech test will be based on 10+2. Candidates who have qualified for JEE Main exam or MET exam, are not required to sit in the SMIT online test, as they will be eligible for direct admission. The admission authorities will prepare separate merit lists for the SMIT-qualified candidates and those seeking admission based on JEE or MET qualification.
Address: Majitar, East Sikkim - 737136, Sikkim, India
Phone No.: 91 9735110007 / 9635527557
SMIT Online Test 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Online Test|
|Short Exam Name||SMIT Online Test|
|Conducting Body||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1000 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour|
SMIT Online Test 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 Jan, 2021 - 15 Apr, 2021
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
26 Apr, 2021 - 27 Apr, 2021
Exam | Mode: Online
30 Apr, 2021
Result | Mode: Online
05 May, 2021
Counselling - SMIT - Start Date | Mode: Online
06 May, 2021
Counselling - JEE Main (general) - Start Date | Mode: Online
07 May, 2021
Counselling - JEE Main (reserved) - Start Date | Mode: Online
14 Jun, 2021
Counselling - Round 2 (JEE Main & SMIT) - Start Date | Mode: Online
09 Jul, 2021
Reporting date (CSE/CE/EE) - Start Date | Mode: Offline
10 Jul, 2021
Reporting date (ECE/ME/IT) - Start Date | Mode: Offline
SMIT Online Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of SMIT B.Tech 2021 are the conditions that candidates need to meet in order to be considered for admission. Check the list of SMIT B.Tech 2021 eligibility criteria below:
Eligibility criteria of SMIT B.Tech 2021
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates) with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, and any one of Chemistry/Computer Science/Informatics Practices/Biotechnology/Biology. Additionally, candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Diploma holders may also apply provided they have scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates).
Candidates must keep in mind that merely meeting the above listed criteria is no guarantee of admission, as they also need to qualify in any of the following exams:
- SMIT Online Test 2021
- JEE Main 2021
- MET 2021
SMIT Online Test 2021 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft
The authorities have released the application form of SMIT online test 2021 in online mode. Candidates will be able to fill SMIT application form 2021 either in online or offline mode only. The last date to submit the application form is April 15, 2021.
When filling the application, the candidate has to ensure that he/she uses only correct and verifiable information. Failure to do so will result in rejection of the application form. The process to fill SMIT B.Tech 2021application form is explained below in simple terms for the benefit of the candidate.
How to fill Online application
- Registration: The candidate has to first get registered by entering the required details like name, address, email id, contact number and course applied. Upon entering the registration details, OTP will be generated and sent to the registered email id and mobile number. The candidate needs to click on the confirmation link to complete the registration process.
- Fill the form: The candidate has to next fill in all the relevant sections in the form, including the personal information, course applied for, academic, contact and communication details.
- Upload photograph and signature: The allowed file format is JPG, with a maximum size limit of 200 kb. The allowed dimension is 200*200 pixels.
- Payment of application fee: In the penultimate step, the candidate has to pay the prescribed application fee of Rs. 1000 using net banking, credit/ debit card.
- Submission of application form: Finally, submit the duly filled application form and take a printout.
How to fill offline application
- Download the application form from the institute website
- Fill in all relevant details
- Paste photograph in the assigned place
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1000 through demand draft (DD), draw in favour of Sikkim Manipal University, and payable at Gangtok.
- Send the completed application form along with the DD to the following address:
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT)
Majitar, Rangpo, 737 132 (East Sikkim)
Mob: 9732947000 / 9733026159
|General, OBC, ST, SC||Online, Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 1000|
SMIT Online Test 2021 Syllabus
SMIT Online Test 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam authorities have released the exam pattern of SMIT B.Tech entrance exam 201. Candidates will have to attempt the entrance test in online mode only. The exam will be 60 minutes in duration and all of the questions will be in English. Candidates will have to solve multiple-choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English. 15 questions from each section will be present in the question paper. There will be no negative marking.
SMIT B.Tech Entrance Exam 2021
1 hour (60 minutes)
Total no. of questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
SMIT Online Test 2021 Slot Booking
Exam authorities will commence the slot booking for SMIT online test 2021 in online mode only. The candidate will have to log in using the application number and password and book their slots as per preference. The necessary details for SMIT B.Tech 2021 slot booking will be shared with candidates through their mobile number as well as registered email ID.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
The result of SMIT online test 2021 will be declared in online mode on April 30. The SMIT online test 2021 result would include the score and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. In case two or more candidates score the same marks, the tie will be decided based on PCM marks in 10+2; candidates with higher score will be placed higher in the rank list.
SMIT online test 2021– Rank List
The rank list would be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. Exam authorities will use the rank list for short-listing candidates for counselling, which will be conducted offline. The address of the counselling venue will be mentioned along side the rank list.
SMIT Online Test 2021 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Admission authorities will publish a shortlist of candidates for SMIT online test 2021 counselling, which will commence in online mode. The counselling will be conducted in two rounds. Candidates will be called for counselling as per their merit rank, and seats will be allotted as per choices made and availability of seats at that instant.
Document verification is an integral part of SMIT online test 2021 counselling process. Candidates are required to bring originals of all relevant documents and four sets of self-attested photocopies.
Different counselling schedule for different categories
Counselling for different categories – JEE General counselling will be held on May 6, JEE Reserved counselling will be held on May 7, SMIT counselling will be conducted on May 5, so candidates need to come on the scheduled date only. SMIT B.Tech counselling (Round 2) will be conducted on May 14. Candidates need to report on July 9 & 10, 2021 for final seat confirmation.
SMIT B.Tech Admission 2021: Courses offered
The followings are the B.Tech courses offered by the SMIT,
Documents Required at Counselling
- Birth certificate / class X pass certificate
- Marks sheet of class 10
- SMIT 2021 hall ticket
- Original JEE score card (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate or school/college leaving certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applied under reserved category)
- Defence, North East, PMF or NRI category certificate (if applicable)
- Four recent and identical passport size photographs
- Anti-ragging declaration forms
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will the SMIT B.Tech application form 2021 be released?
The SMIT B.Tech application form has been released in online mode. The last date to submit the application form is April 15.
Question: When will SMIT B.Tech 2021 entrance exam be conducted?
SMIT B.tech entrance test will be held on April 26 & 27, 2021.
Question: What is the minimum marks to eligible for SMIT B.Tech admission 2021?
Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam with at least 50% score for the general category and at least 45% for candidates of SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Question: What is the mode of SMIT B.Tech entrance test 2021?
SMIT B.Tech 2021 entrance exam will be conducted in online mode only.
Question: How many sections are in SMIT B.Tech Syllabus 2021?
The subjects to be asked in the SMIT entrance exam are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English which the candidates should brush up well.
Question: When will the SMIT B.Tech result be declared?
The result of SMIT B.tech exam will be released on April 30, 2021.
Question: How to check SMIT B.Tech result 2021?
Candidates can check the result of SMIT B.Tech through the official website- smu.edu.in.
Question: Who will be eligible to participate in the SMIT B.Tech counselling 2021?
Candidates who will be shortlisted based on the SMIT B.Tech 2021 rank list will be called to participate in the offline counselling process.
Questions related to SMIT Online Test
SMIT Offline Test 2020 application last Date
The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology shall conduct the SMIT B.Tech 2021 admission process which shall be made through the entrance exam called SMIT Offline Test. It was expected that the application form would release in the first week of October 2020 but it is not yet released. The admission form will be available in both online and offline modes and will have to be duly submitted before last date which is expected to be the second week of April tentatively. Keep an eye on the official website for the latest information. It is expected that the SMIT Offline test will be conducted in the third week of April 2021 for which candidates will have to book slots as per their preference.
expected releasing date of 2021 application form
The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Offline Test is a national entrance test administered by the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology for admission to various technology undergraduate courses.
- Mode: Offline mode
- Medium: English
- Duration :120 minutes
The UG application form will be available on the official website of the Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology from 29 November 2020 to 10 April 2021.
- Admit cards will be available a few days after the effective submission of the application form, beginning on 20 April 2021.
- Exam Date: SMIT Offline Test 2021 will be held at specified examination centers on 4 May 2021.
- SMIT Offline Test 2021 Results: The results will be published on the official website for all candidates in the group and for all programmes based on eligible marks on 15 May 2021.
if I havent qualified JEE mains and Somehow I qualify SMIT entrance exam will I get admission?
hope you are good,
well, there is no necessity to qualify JEE mains if you qualified SMIT online test with good rank . JEE mains ranks help to get preferences over others but not to worry if your rank is good in SMIT online exam then you are all set. So, yes you can get admission in SMIT if you scored well.
me-out exam date for btech ug programme
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) will now conduct the entrance examination for SMIT B.Tech admission 2020 in online mode due to COVID-19. The exam dates are postponed as of now and new dates to conduct the exam will be announced sooner or later.
I hope this helps.