About SMIT Offline Test 2020
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT) will now conduct the entrance examination for SMIT B.Tech admission 2020 in online mode due to COVID-19. The application form for SMIT admissions is now available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can submit the application form till July 15 (extended). To fill the application online, the candidate has to get registered, fill relevant details, upload documents in the prescribed format and pay the application fee of Rs 1000. The candidates can download the application form from the website in case they want to submit it offline. The exam will be conducted in online mode and will include objective type questions. The syllabus of SMIT offline test will be based on 10+2.
Candidates who have qualified JEE or MET 2020, are not required to sit in the SMIT online test, as they will be eligible for direct admission. The admission authorities will prepare separate merit-lists for the SMIT-qualified candidates and those seeking admission based on JEE or MET qualification.
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology Offline Test|
|Short Exam Name||SMIT Offline Test|
|Conducting Body||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1000 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 Oct, 2019 - 15 Jul, 2020
Application | Mode: Offline and Online Ongoing
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of SMIT B.Tech 2020 are the conditions that candidates need to meet in order to be considered for admission. Check the list of SMIT B.Tech 2020 eligibility criteria below:
Eligibility criteria of SMIT B.Tech 2020
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks (45% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates) with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects, and any one of Chemistry/Computer Science/Informatics Practices/Biotechnology/Biology. Additionally, candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Diploma holders may also apply provided they have scored minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC, ST and OBC candidates).
Candidates must keep in mind that merely meeting the above listed criteria is no guarantee of admission, as they also need to qualify in any of the following exams:
- SMIT Online Test 2020
- JEE Main 2020
- MET 2020
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft
The authorities have released the application form of SMIT offline test 2020 on October 1. Candidates will be able to fill SMIT application form 2020 either in online or offline mode. Last date to submit the application form is further extended till July 15. When filling the application, the candidate have to ensure that he/she uses only correct and verifiable information. Failure to do so will result in rejection of the application form. The process to fill SMIT B.Tech 2020 application form – both offline and online – is explained below in simple terms for the benefit of the candidate.
How to fill Online application
- Registration: The candidate has to first get registered by entering the required details like name, address, email id, contact number and course applied. Upon entering the registration details, OTP will be generated and sent to the registered email id and mobile number. The candidate needs to click on the confirmation link to complete the registration process.
- Fill the form: The candidate has to next fill in all the relevant sections in the form, including the personal information, course applied for, academic, contact and communication details.
- Upload photograph and signature: The allowed file format is JPG, with a maximum size limit of 200 kb. The allowed dimension is 200*200 pixels.
- Payment of application fee: In the penultimate step, the candidate has to pay the prescribed application fee of Rs. 1000 using net banking, credit/ debit card.
- Submission of application form: Finally, submit the duly filled application form and take a printout.
How to fill offline application
- Download the application form from the institute website
- Fill in all relevant details
- Paste photograph in the assigned place
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1000 through demand draft (DD), draw in favour of Sikkim Manipal University, and payable at Gangtok.
- Send the completed application form along with the DD to the following address:
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT)
Majitar, Rangpo, 737 132 (East Sikkim)
Mob: 9732947000 / 9733026159
|ST, SC, General, OBC||Online, Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 1000|
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates will have to attempt the entrance examination in online mode. The exam will be 60 minutes in duration and all of the questions will be in English. Candidates will have to solve multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. 15 questions from each section will be present in the question paper. There will be no negative marking.
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Slot Booking
Exam authorities will commence the slot booking for SMIT online test 2020. The candidate will have to log in using the application number and password and book their slots as per preference.
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
The result of SMIT online test 2020 will be declared in online mode. The SMIT online test 2020 result would include the score and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. In case two or more candidates score the same marks, the tie will be decided based on PCM marks in 10+2; candidates with higher score will be placed higher in the rank list.
SMIT online test 2020 – Rank List
The rank list would be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. Exam authorities will use the rank list for short-listing candidates for counselling, which will be conducted offline. The address of the counselling venue will be mentioned along side the rank list.
SMIT Offline Test 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Admission authorities will publish a shortlist of candidates for SMIT online test 2020 counselling, which will commence in offline mode. The counselling will be conducted in two rounds. Candidates will be called for counselling as per their merit rank, and seats will be allotted as per choices made and availability of seats at that instant.
Document verification is an integral part of SMIT online test 2020 counselling process. Candidates are required to bring originals of all relevant documents and four sets of self-attested photocopies.
Different counselling schedule for different categories
Counselling for different categories – JEE General, JEE Reserved, SMIT will be conducted on different days, so candidates need to come on the scheduled date only.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Birth certificate / class X pass certificate
- Marks sheet of class 10
- SMIT Offline Test 2020 hall ticket
- Original JEE score card (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate or school/college leaving certificate
- Character certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate (if applied under reserved category)
- Defence, North East, PMF or NRI category certificate (if applicable)
- Four recent and identical passport size photographs
- Anti-Ragging Declaration forms
Questions related to SMIT Offline Test
Can i get into CSE in Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology? My rank is 260 in SMIT online test 2020.
Is any changes of slot booking and exam date of Manipal university with respect to the Corona tregedy
Yes, slot booking for MET entrance exam has been postponed.You need to wait until there is further announcement.MET exam has been postponed.So you need to wait until there is further notice.Keep yourself updates so that you won't miss any important information.
For updates you can click the link below
i have already fill the form for manipal entrance test. did i need to do again to get admission in smit
SMIT has there on offline test which is conducted for getting admission.Manipal entrance test or MET is also valid for skkim manipal institute.
- SMIT entrance exam of 2020
- MET 2020 is also valid
- JEE,GATE,XAT,MAT,CAT is also valid for admission
- A candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2
- For B.tech physics and Mathamatics should be studied as compelsory subjects.
Hope this will help you.
Tell me about Fees and Shcolarship And Caste seats
Sikkim Manipal University (SMIT) offers different course and course fees also varies with respect to course. They offers B.E/B.Tech, M.Sc, M.D, M.E/M.Tech, B.Sc, B.C.A, M.B.A, M.C.A, M.P.T, B.B.A, M.S, B.A(Hons), B.Com, B.P.T, M.B.B.S, M.Com, B.A, Dual Degree, M.A, M.H.A, P.G.D. By choosing the course fee structure changes according to the course.
I am attaching you link it contains more details about SMIT. Please look a side.
Hope this will helpful
What is the average package in smit for cs branch. .. is it worth the money ... ???
Even I was searching for the information regarding Vodafone strange answers of the Student of 3rd year in SMIT I don't want to demotivate you from joining in that college .
Here is the answer by the student
Don't go to Manipal University it is only making money from parents they don't have good faculties , they don't have good placements , only good thing they have is infrastructure and I bet you in 4 years you will spend nearly 22Lac. If you take PG otherwise if you take Hostel you total expenses would be nearly 26 Lac.
And Who Am I to Judge this I AM. A 3RD YEAR MANIPAL UNIVERSITY JAIPUR STUDENT OF CSE .And don't believe on Quora answers given by Manipal University students because they were written by us to impress our teachers.
Take any other private cllg and spend this money on Intel or Oracal certifications . They will be more valuable than this . Seriously DON'T GO TO MANIPAL UNIVERSITY TAKE THESE WORDS BY A 3RD YEAR CSE STUDENT
By getting certificate from any other source is more valuable than a college certificate but you have to check whether you are capable of that or not.
Hope this is helpful.