JEE Advanced 2017 Topper Interview: Debaditya Pramanik (AIR 38) “Focus on quality reading time”
Debaditya Pramanik is no stranger to success as the Kolkata boy is already the WBJEE 2017 topper. He was also the West Bengal topper in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class X. If that is not enough, he was a gold medal winner in the Physics Olympiad that was co-hosted by Switzerland and Lichtenstein last year. And now, he has topped all that by clinching the 38th rank in JEE Advanced 2017; he is also the eastern region topper. Debaditya is understandably ecstatic about the result though he was expecting to do better in the exam. A student of Birla High School, Debaditya believes in quality study over slogging for long hours, as it is what did the trick for him. He states that he studied on average 3 and half hours a day, when classes were in session, a far cry from the 9-10 hours cited by many other students. In the interview that follows, you will find interesting aspects of Debaditya and how he went about preparing for JEE Advanced.
Careers360: Congratulations on your outstanding performance in JEE Advanced 2017. What was reaction on finding out your score?
Debaditya Pramanik: I felt very happy at the result.
Careers360: What is your JEE Advanced 2017 Rank?
Debaditya Pramanik: I have scored AIR 38 in the entrance exam.
Careers360: Were you expecting such continuous success in your academic career?
Debaditya Pramanik: After the exam I was confident that I would do well in the exam; the result vindicated my belief.
Careers360: When did you start preparing for JEE Advanced 2017?
Debaditya Pramanik: I started my preparation for JEE Advanced 2017 by first becoming familiar with the syllabus when I was in Class X. I started with making plans so that I could dedicate enough time for every topic.
Careers360: How did you prepare for the entrance exam?
Debaditya Pramanik: I made it a point to understand the concepts of every topic and practised lots of problems. I backed it up by regular revision.
Careers360: Did you take coaching for JEE Advanced 2017?
Debaditya Pramanik: Yes. I used practice material of FIITJEE, which helped in my preparation. To strengthen topics which were my weak areas, I relied on practice sets. My teachers also assisted me whenever I needed some help, like clearing concepts.
Careers360: How did you manage your time and studies?
Debaditya Pramanik: There are certain myths related to how one should study. Like some suggest you get up very early in the morning while others prefer to study late into the night.
When class was in session, I had to leave early for school and managed only to study for around three and a half hours daily. But I ensured that those three-and-half hours were of very high quality and that I was fully absorbed. On other days, I had to attend FITJEE classes, but the mornings were free. So, I could easily study from 9 in the morning till noon.
Careers360: The way you have fared so well in the CBSE, WBJEE, and now JEE Advanced 2017, makes it clear that you are strong in all subjects. Still which is your favourite subject?
Debaditya Pramanik: Physics and Mathematics are my most favourite subjects.
Careers360: What are your future plans?
Debaditya Pramanik: I want to study Physics and then I want to do research studies.
For more interviews with JEE Advanced 2017 Toppers check engineering.careers360.com
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!
Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.
JEE Advanced Cutoff for IIT Ropar- The Joint Seat Allocation A...
IIT Gandhinagar JEE Advanced Cutoff - JoSAA will release the c...
The minimum ranks required by the candidates to increase the c...
JEE Advanced 2021 Cutoff for IIT Madras - JoSAA will release t...
Questions related to JEE Advanced
people say that jee advance have 2 attempts i passed 12 in 2020 and i am giving jee main in 2021 if i pass jee main then how much attempts can i give jee advance
One can attempt jee mains from three consecutive yeats and these years are counted from the time you were in class 12th and for jee advanced there are only two attempts starting in the same year in which you appeared for your boards. Therefore you were eligible for jee mains 2020 and will be eligible for all the sessions of jee mains 2021 and 2022. And for jee advanced you were eligible for jee advanced 2020 and will be eligible for jee advanced 2021. There you just have one attempt for jee advanced. For more info you may visit the following link:
i had already applied to jee mains 2021 in general category but my caste is Bc-e in caste certificate which percentage i got to select for jee advanced
Since you have filled your category as a general candidate therefore you will be considered a general student and you need to score marks in jee mains according to the general cut off to qualify for jee advanced. According to the previous year cut off a general candidate had to score at least 81 percentile to qualify jee mains and be eligible for jee advanced, however it was 49 for OBC-NCL, 32 for SC, 27 for ST, and 1 for PWD for the year 2020. Although the cut off may vary from year to year as it depends on various parameters like number of students attempting the examination, difficulty of paper, etc.
I HAVE DONE CLASS 10 IN YEAR 2017 FROM CBSE BOARD & APPEARING IN CLASS 12 FROM NIOS BOARD IN YEAR 2021 . As there is a year gap between class 10 & class 12. so I want to ask that can i fill jee advanced form and take admmission in IIT( as year gaps in class 10 &12) provided i clear advanced both ???
For appearing in criteria in jee 2021 it doesn't see that whether you have gap between your 10th and 12th std.
One of the major criteria for appearing in jee advanced is you should pass your 12th by 2021,2022 and 2023 .
Recently, education minister has waived off the 75% criteria for this year also.
For more information check out this link-
how to pass this exam perfectly ?
hey need to because JEE Advanced demands an in-depth knowledge of concepts and their application. It is not just about putting in the hours, but equally about using smart ways to maximize the time left at one’s disposal. It is the performance in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics that hold the key to cracking JEE Advanced . Also, the candidate must not waste time in preparing for topics that are not included in JEE Advanced syllabus. To give you an example, Electronic Devices and Electromagnetic Waves which were part of JEE Main syllabus are not included in JEE Advanced syllabus .
For detailed preparation tips use this link:
All the best
i have passed 12th class in 2021.can i write 2022jeemains and jee advanced?
Yes of course you can do do, you can take a drop after passing class 12th and can prepare for JEE-Main as well as Advance but before taking drop you should know some facts, so let us discuss those facts.
- In class 12th you should have minimum aggregate of 75% if you belongs to General/Unreserved category and 65% if you belongs to any of the reserved category and in your class 12th syllabus there should Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with any one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or Technical Vocational Subject. If not 75% then you should be in top 20 percentile of your board's result.
- If you are passing class 12th in 2021 then you will be only eligible for JEE-Main 2021, 2022 and 2023 and for JEE-Advance 2021 and 2022. Now in case you you take a drop for an year then also it won't affect the eligibility instead your attempt of 2021 will be subtracted from total attempts and al other attempts will remain same.
For complete details of JEE-Main eligibility criteria kindly check out the link given below :-
I am enlisting down some preparation tips for JEE-Main which would help you in your preparation :-
- Very first thing is go through the syllabus of JEE-Main and categorize it as easy, average and difficult. https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-syllabus-weightag e
- Make a proper time-table to balance your studies and daily routine work and give more time to studies.
- Go for the best study material which can make you more confident while solving the question of JEE-Main because it will boost your moral https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/best-study-material-for-jee-mai n
- Don't forget to make notes while studying because it will help you in memorizing the important things in the last time prior to exam.
- Practice previous year's question papers and sample papers as many as you can because it will enhance your self-confidence and time management skill https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-sample-papers & https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-question-paper
- Don't forget to do exercise and yoga regularly to keep your body mentally and physically fit.
- You can also take JEE-Main Learning package for your preparation https://learn.careers360.com/jee-main-coaching/?icn=JEE_Main_knockout&ici=JEE_Main_article_view_sticky
For more detailed preparation tips for JEE-Main 2022 kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.