JEE Advanced 2019 Topper Interview: Kartikey Gupta (AIR 1) “Remain calm and study with a relaxed mind”
JEE Advanced 2019 Topper Interview - Kartikey Gupta from Mumbai was on cloud nine when he emerged as JEE Advanced 2019 topper with AIR 1. Result of JEE Advanced 2019 was declared in online mode on June 14 A result of consistent dedication, focus on goals and a strong-willed approach, Kartikey Gupta has continuously excelled in the Joint Entrance Examinations this year. Hailing from Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kartikey missed out on the top rank in JEE Mains 2019 just by a short margin. The JEE Advanced 2019 topper was decisive to excel the next-level examination and the results of JEE Advanced brought a bright sight for him. Talking to Careers360, JEE Advanced topper shared that he just could not sleep without clearing all his doubts. Such was the dedication of Kartikey and the results have finally proved that there is no substitute for hard work. In an exclusive interview with Careers360, the JEE Advanced 2019 topper shares details about his preparations, future plans and lots more.
Careers 360: Tell us something about yourself, which board have you studied in, how much did you score in your class 12?
Kartikey: I am from Mumbai Maharashtra. My father Chandresh Gupta works as General Manager (Paper Industry) and my mother Poonam Gupta is a housewife. IThis year I secured 93.7 percent in Class 12th.
Careers360: What is your score in JEE Advanced 2019? What is your all India rank and category rank? What was your JEE Main rank and marks?
Kartikey: I secured 346 marks out of 360 in JEE Advanced 2019. My All India Rank is 1 in general category. I secured AIR-18 in JEE Mains 2019 by scoring 100 percentile and was Second Topper of Maharashtra State Topper.
Careers360: Why do you want to study engineering? When did you decide to study engineering? Which branch would you be interested in? Any reason?
Kartikey: My dream of pursuing engineering from IIT Bombay in CS branch is going to come true. I have qualified KVPY in the year 2017 and 2018. I have also qualified INPHO, INCHO, INAO and INJSO.
Careers360: When did you start your JEE Advanced preparation? Tell us something about your preparation strategy and daily routine for JEE Advanced?
Kartikey: I always focused on studying with a relaxed mind. I did not study for long hours. Apart from regular classes, I did self-study for 6-7 hours with a proper schedule. I also gave weekly tests regularly, which helped him to do self-analysis which improved my performance. Also, I made sure to clear the doubts before sleeping. I took a break and relaxed after every two hours. I used a regular keypad phone and was never active on social media.
Careers360: Did you take coaching for JEE and if yes from where? What are the benefits of coaching according to you?
Kartikey: I have been studying in ALLEN Career Institute since 2017. The faculties here work very hard to help them achieve success. The student’s aim for IIT's and the goal of the faculties is to make them successful in JEE. The faculties are always available to clear doubts. Here I have made good friends and also got to know the best faculties. Joining ALLEN doubled my strength.
Careers360: Who is your ideal or biggest inspiration in life and why?
Kartikey: Great mathematician Shrinivas Ramanujan is my idol.
Careers360: You know you are an inspiration to thousands of students across the country. Do you have any message for future aspirants on tackling the JEE Advanced exam?
Kartikey: Students should study without stress. During the preparation, they should be relaxed physically as well as mentally. Self-competition plays a vital role in achieving the goal.
JEE Advanced Cutoff for IIT Ropar- The Joint Seat Allocation A...
IIT Gandhinagar JEE Advanced Cutoff - JoSAA will release the c...
The minimum ranks required by the candidates to increase the c...
JEE Advanced 2021 Cutoff for IIT Madras - JoSAA will release t...
Questions related to JEE Advanced
people say that jee advance have 2 attempts i passed 12 in 2020 and i am giving jee main in 2021 if i pass jee main then how much attempts can i give jee advance
One can attempt jee mains from three consecutive yeats and these years are counted from the time you were in class 12th and for jee advanced there are only two attempts starting in the same year in which you appeared for your boards. Therefore you were eligible for jee mains 2020 and will be eligible for all the sessions of jee mains 2021 and 2022. And for jee advanced you were eligible for jee advanced 2020 and will be eligible for jee advanced 2021. There you just have one attempt for jee advanced. For more info you may visit the following link:
i had already applied to jee mains 2021 in general category but my caste is Bc-e in caste certificate which percentage i got to select for jee advanced
Since you have filled your category as a general candidate therefore you will be considered a general student and you need to score marks in jee mains according to the general cut off to qualify for jee advanced. According to the previous year cut off a general candidate had to score at least 81 percentile to qualify jee mains and be eligible for jee advanced, however it was 49 for OBC-NCL, 32 for SC, 27 for ST, and 1 for PWD for the year 2020. Although the cut off may vary from year to year as it depends on various parameters like number of students attempting the examination, difficulty of paper, etc.
I HAVE DONE CLASS 10 IN YEAR 2017 FROM CBSE BOARD & APPEARING IN CLASS 12 FROM NIOS BOARD IN YEAR 2021 . As there is a year gap between class 10 & class 12. so I want to ask that can i fill jee advanced form and take admmission in IIT( as year gaps in class 10 &12) provided i clear advanced both ???
For appearing in criteria in jee 2021 it doesn't see that whether you have gap between your 10th and 12th std.
One of the major criteria for appearing in jee advanced is you should pass your 12th by 2021,2022 and 2023 .
Recently, education minister has waived off the 75% criteria for this year also.
For more information check out this link-
how to pass this exam perfectly ?
hey need to because JEE Advanced demands an in-depth knowledge of concepts and their application. It is not just about putting in the hours, but equally about using smart ways to maximize the time left at one’s disposal. It is the performance in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics that hold the key to cracking JEE Advanced . Also, the candidate must not waste time in preparing for topics that are not included in JEE Advanced syllabus. To give you an example, Electronic Devices and Electromagnetic Waves which were part of JEE Main syllabus are not included in JEE Advanced syllabus .
For detailed preparation tips use this link:
All the best
i have passed 12th class in 2021.can i write 2022jeemains and jee advanced?
Yes of course you can do do, you can take a drop after passing class 12th and can prepare for JEE-Main as well as Advance but before taking drop you should know some facts, so let us discuss those facts.
- In class 12th you should have minimum aggregate of 75% if you belongs to General/Unreserved category and 65% if you belongs to any of the reserved category and in your class 12th syllabus there should Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with any one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or Technical Vocational Subject. If not 75% then you should be in top 20 percentile of your board's result.
- If you are passing class 12th in 2021 then you will be only eligible for JEE-Main 2021, 2022 and 2023 and for JEE-Advance 2021 and 2022. Now in case you you take a drop for an year then also it won't affect the eligibility instead your attempt of 2021 will be subtracted from total attempts and al other attempts will remain same.
For complete details of JEE-Main eligibility criteria kindly check out the link given below :-
I am enlisting down some preparation tips for JEE-Main which would help you in your preparation :-
- Very first thing is go through the syllabus of JEE-Main and categorize it as easy, average and difficult. https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-syllabus-weightag e
- Make a proper time-table to balance your studies and daily routine work and give more time to studies.
- Go for the best study material which can make you more confident while solving the question of JEE-Main because it will boost your moral https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/best-study-material-for-jee-mai n
- Don't forget to make notes while studying because it will help you in memorizing the important things in the last time prior to exam.
- Practice previous year's question papers and sample papers as many as you can because it will enhance your self-confidence and time management skill https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-sample-papers & https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/jee-main-question-paper
- Don't forget to do exercise and yoga regularly to keep your body mentally and physically fit.
- You can also take JEE-Main Learning package for your preparation https://learn.careers360.com/jee-main-coaching/?icn=JEE_Main_knockout&ici=JEE_Main_article_view_sticky
For more detailed preparation tips for JEE-Main 2022 kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.