Your browser does not support iframes.
JEE Main Exam Pattern FAQs 2019 - The candidates who are preparing for the JEE Main 2019 examination are advised to check JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern FAQs to get the answers of all the related queries. Candidates will be able to check the details regarding the types of papers, marking scheme, the number of questions and more related to the entrance examination through the exam pattern FAQs of JEE Main 2019. The frequently asked questions by the candidates have been listed below regarding the JEE Main Exam Pattern FAQs. Candidates appearing for JEE Main examination can go through this article to get complete and clear information regarding the JEE Main Exam Pattern FAQs.Latest: Registered candidates can check allotted JEE Main 2019 exam city from October 19 onwards.
Latest : [Less than 1 month left for JEE Main! Boost your Preparation with Personalised Coaching, Unlimited Mock Test and Faculty Support. If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK. Know More
FAQs Regarding JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
Q. Is JEE Main 2019 online or offline or both?
Ans: JEE Main 2019 Paper I will be conducted in computer-based mode While Paper II, Part-I & II (Mathematics and Aptitude test) will be held in computer-based mode and Part-III (Drawing test) will be held in a pen and paper mode.
Crack JEE 2020 with JEE Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
Q. What is the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern for Paper 1?
Ans: JEE Main 2019 Paper I will be a 3-hour long duration exam and will consist of the objective type questions. There will be a total of 90 questions in the question paper (30 each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and for every wrong response, 1 mark will be deducted. JEE Main 2019 Paper I will be conducted in English and Hindi language and the candidate will have to choose either of the two languages. Candidates preferring Hindi language will also be provided with the questions in English. However, the Gujarati language will also be available but only for exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli. To know more about the exam pattern read JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern.
Q. What is the JEE Main 2019 exam pattern for Paper 2?
Ans: JEE Main 2019 Paper II will be conducted in both offline and computer-based mode. Mathematics and Aptitude Test will be held in a computer-based mode while Drawing Test will be in offline mode. The exam will be of 3 hours long duration and will consist of 30 objective Mathematics questions, 50 objective aptitude questions and 2 questions to test the drawing aptitude of the candidates. In Part I and II, each correct answer will carry 4 marks and ¼ marks will be deducted for every incorrect response. The 2 questions in Part III of the exam will be of 70 marks.
Q. Is the exam pattern for JEE Main 2019 and Advanced different?
Ans: Yes. The exam pattern of both JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced is different from one another. The JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 will be conducted in computer-based mode only, whereas, Paper 2 will be held in a computer-based mode for Mathematics and Aptitude section and in offline mode for Drawing section and JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted only in computer-based mode. Unlike JEE Main 2019, there is no set exam pattern of JEE Advanced as it changes every year. Therefore, the candidates cannot be sure of the exam pattern as it might change according to the conducting institute. The paper I and paper II of JEE Main 2019 are optional i.e., one can attempt any of the two papers or both, whereas, for JEE Advanced, both of the papers are compulsory to attempt.
Q. Which languages is the JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 available in?
Ans: JEE Main 2019 Paper I will be conducted in English and Hindi language. However, for the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the exam will also be conducted in the Gujarati language.
Q. Is there a pass mark for each subject in JEE Main 2019 or the overall marks are considered?
Ans: The overall marks obtained by the candidates in JEE Main 2019 will be considered.
Q. What should I choose - offline or online exam?
Ans: The National Testing Agency will conduct JEE Main 2019 in computer-based mode only. Paper 2 of JEE Main will be conducted in a computer-based mode for Mathematics and Aptitude section and in offline mode for Drawing section.
Q. What is the best method to write JEE Main 2019?
Ans: There is no best method to write JEE Main 2019. In the computer-based mode, the candidates will have to mark the correct answers. It is best advised that the candidates do not attempt the questions which they are unsure of since there is negative marking. All candidates will have to divide their time per section in such a way that the exam is completed before the time limit so that rechecking can be done.
Q. Is there an online calculator available for JEE Main 2019 or can we carry our own?
Ans: No calculators will not be allowed and all of the calculations will have to be done on the rough sheet.
Q. What is the difficulty level of the JEE Main 2019 exam?
Ans: As NTA has taken over to conduct JEE Main 2019 exam, the difficulty level of JEE Main 2019 may also change. The difficulty level may increase as the candidates move from one question to other. Questions will be picked up at random and which questions reaches the candidates is entirely depended on the software program.
To know more check JEE Main Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 2019
PDPU B.Tech Admission 2020 - Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) has began PDPU B.Tech a...
CENTAC Seat Allotment 2020- Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC) will allot seats to the qual...
REAP Application Form 2020 - The authorities will release the application form of REAP 2020 tenta...
JEE Main Sample Papers 2020 - NTA has released JEE Main 2020 sample papers for all papers. Downlo...
JEE Main Question Papers - NTA has released JEE Main 2019 question papers for both January and Ap...
If you recieve any notification regarding the photograph you have to edit it. And the correction window for NEET will be open from JAnuary 15 to January 31, 2020 and you can edit anything during that time. If you do not receive anything you need not worry about it.
As for JEE, if you can download the admit card and did not receive any notificaion as well, it is fine, you need not worry about your photograph.
hope this helped
all the best
Hello Mohit, Jee mains expected colleges according to score cannot be decided particularly, the cutoff score varies from year to year and depending upon the number of students taking the exam. even you have not mentioned you caste which is a criteria for deciding cutoff score. You can check the previous trends at
and based on these trends, you can check what colleges you may get based on rank.
Hope this helps.
Hello Krishna Shelke,
The rank to score in jee mains are to be changed every year and that depends on the paper .
According to the range of marks scored by the candidates, then the corresponding rank of ranks has also been provided .,
JEE Main Scores
JEE Main Ranks (CRL)
For more information once visit the below link.,
Hope this helps you...
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Anna University, Chennai
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
8. University of Delhi, New Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Coimbatore
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
11. Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh
12. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
13. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
14. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
15. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
SRM institute, Haryana
17. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
19. Visva Bharati, Kolkata
20. Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
21. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
22. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
25. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
26. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
27. Gauhati University, Guwahati
28. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
29. Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur
31. TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
32. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur
33. Panjab University, Chandigarh
34. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
35. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
36. Mysore University, Mysore
37. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
38. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai
39. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
40. Anand Agricultural University, Anand
41. University of Madras, Chennai
42. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
43. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
44. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
45. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysore
46. Thapar University, Patiala
47. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
48. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
49. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
50. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
For integrated M.Tech., you can look into:
1. Invertis University, Bareilly
2. Tezpur University, Assam
3. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management, Gwalior
Hope this helps. All the best!
The two things which I can suggest you are:
(1). Appear for the scholarship cum entrance exams conducted by coaching centres and by scoring well in these exams you can get scholarship to study in the coaching.
(2). Take DLPD or online Test Series of a coaching centre and study from it.
OR as you have asked for the notes, I'm providing you the link to my own short notes of one of the chapters of Mathematics (Resonance Kota).
Here it is:
Your JEE Main brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile