How to Prepare for JEE Main 2021?: Check Tips & Tricks to Crack JEE
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2021 - Preparation leads the road to success and it requires a certain strategy. To aim for a seat in the coveted IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, the first step would be to look at how to prepare for JEE Main. A clear study plan is the key to success in any exam especially JEE Main which happens to be the largest under graduate engineering exam in the country. Therefore the next step in answer to how to prepare for JEE Main 2021 would be the formulation of a good study plan that incorporates exam pattern, syllabus, mock tests, practice and more. This article brings forth tips and tricks on how to crack JEE Main 2021. There are inputs from JEE Main toppers, coaching experts and more. To know how to prepare for JEE Main, read this article.
How to prepare for JEE Main 2021 - stages of preparation
- Know your JEE Main syllabus 2021
- Understand the exam pattern of JEE Main
- Make the JEE Main 2021 preparation plan
- Books to refer
- Practice till you are perfect using mock tests and previous year papers
- JEE Main Exam Day Strategy
What you need to know about JEE Main 2021 before you start
- JEE Main 2021 will be held twice - January and April.
- National Testing Agency is the conducting body for the computer based test
- Admissions to 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, 28 GFTIs and other universities are through JEE Main.
- The application process is online.
- The test will be held in multiple sessions in around 267 cities in India and 9 cities abroad.
- About 4.81 lakh students appeared for JEE Main 2020 January and September session.
After the exam, NTA will also release the JEE Main Answer Key.
Start with the Syllabus - Know which topics to study
To crack JEE Main, one needs to be well versed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 11 and 12. NTA elaborates the syllabus to study from. This allows students to know what to prepare before how to prepare for JEE Main 2021.
Segregate the JEE Main Syllabus
One step is to segregate the topics in each subject into class 11 and class 12 to allow for common preparation for both board and entrance exams. Second, the topics from the JEE Main syllabus must be divided into easy, tough and very tough so that the how to prepare for JEE Main plan is made accordingly.-->
Plan to segregate JEE Main 2021 Syllabus is
- Divide into Class 11 syllabus and Class 12 Syllabus
- Divide the topics into "Don't Know- have to learn", Weak and Strong
- Check weightage wise topics and segregate them in the preparation plan accordingly.
JEE Main Syllabus - Important Topics with weightage
While studying the complete syllabus is important, it is also a wise strategy to give importance to those topics that carry weightage in JEE Main. An analysis of the past 20 years of the papers of JEE Main and AIEEE show the following topics are important. The respective weightage of the same is given below. Make sure to incorporate this in your how to prepare for JEE Main plan.
- Physics and Measurement - 4% weightage
- Work Energy and Power - 3% weightage
- Rotational Motion - 3% weightage
- Properties of Solids and Liquids - 5% weightage
- Kinetic theory of Gases - 3% weightage
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents - 3% weightage
- Experimental skills - 3% weightage
- Kinematics - 3% weightage
- Laws of motion - 3% weightage
- Gravitation - 2% weightage
- Thermodynamics - 9% weightage
- Oscillations and Waves - 3% weightage
- Electrostatics - 9% weightage
- Current Electricity - 8% weightage
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism - 5% weightage
- Electromagnetic Waves - 5% weightage
- Optics- 10% weightage
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation - 6% weightage
- Atoms and Nuclei - 3% weightage
- Electronic devices - 14% weightage
- Communication Systems - 5% weightage
Also check JEE Main Preparation Tips for Physics to get more insights.
JEE Main 2021 Maths Topics with Weightage
- Sets, Relations and Functions - 5% weightage
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations - 7% weightage
- Matrices and Determinants - 7% weightage
- Permutations and combinations - 4% weightage
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications - 2% weightage
- Sequence and series - 5% weightage
- Integral Calculus - 9% weightage
- Limit, continuity and differentiability - 10% weightage
- Co-ordinate geometry - 15% weightage
- Three Dimensional Geometry - 6% weightage
- Vector Algebra - 5% weightage
- Statistics and Probability - 8% weightage
- Trigonometry - 4% weightage
- Mathematical reasoning - 3% weightage
- Differential equations - 3% weightage
- Mathematical Induction - 3% weightage
Go through JEE Main Preparation Tips for Maths to better your preparation efforts
JEE Main 2021 Chemistry Topics with Weightage
- Some basic concepts in chemistry - 5% weightage
- States of matter - 3% weightage
- Atomic Structure - 3% weightage
- Solutions - 5% weightage
- Chemical Thermodynamics - 4% weightage
- Equilibrium - 6% weightage
- Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry - 4% weightage
- Chemical kinetics - 3% weightage
- Surface Chemistry - 1% weightage
- General Principle and process of Isolation of metals - 2% weightage
- Classification of Elements and Periodic table - 3% weightage
- Hydrogen - 3% weightage
- p- Block Elements - 5% weightage
- S - Block Elements Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals - 1% weightage
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure - 5%
- d - and f - BLOCK ELEMENTS - 4% weightage
- Co-ordination Compounds - 4% weightage
- Environmental Chemistry - 3% weightage
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds -s 3% weightage
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry - 3% weightage
- Hydrocarbons - 3% weightage
- Organic Compounds containing Halogens - 2% weightage
- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen - 6% weightage
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen - 1% weightage
- Polymers - 3% weightage
- Biomolecules - 3% weightage
- Chemistry in Everyday Life - 4% weightage
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry - 3% weightage
Check the JEE Main Preparation Tips for Chemistry to get a better idea on how to crack the exam.
Get to know the exam - understanding JEE Main 2021 exam pattern
Candidates must be familiar with the JEE Main exam pattern to know what to expect in the exam. Understanding the marking scheme allows candidates to calculate how they should attempt their exam. This is one important factor mentioned in JEE Main Preparation Tips.
JEE Main 2021 Exam pattern - Paper 1
Mode of exam
Computer-based test mode
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Total number of questions
75 (25 questions from each subject)
Type of Questions
Objective having 4 options each with only 1 correct option
5 Numerical Questions in each section
4 marks for every correct response; 1 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Medium of paper
English or Hindi (Gujarati for Candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli)
How to prepare for JEE Main 2021?
One of the biggest questions asked is how to make the JEE Main preparation plan. After segregating the topics, it’s vital to know the weightage. While all topics are equally important, some topics have importance as many questions are generally asked from there. Check the topper interviews, previous year papers to understand the weightage of the topics to make the plan.
Some guidelines while making the JEE Main 2021 Preparation Plan
Give equal weightage to all topics
Distribute the time needed to study it. Give more time to difficult topics and less to the ones you just need to revise.
Ensure you have scheduled revision time in the plan
Action Plan to Prepare for JEE Main 2021
Study a chapter and understand the concepts. NCERT books are good for this.
While studying, make sure to note important points and formulas. This short notes will be useful during revision.
After studying a chapter or topic, check how much you can recollect and to what extent you have understood the topic.
Then practice questions based on the topic studied. While practising do not go for the solution directly. Try to solve yourself, make mistakes and then correct it. This step will help you to know how to crack JEE Main.
Make sure to give a JEE Main mock test after completing the subject. Similarly ensure that you appear for as many mock tests as you can so that you can analyse your preparation levels, understand where you are making the mistakes
Use the analysis to know your weak areas and concentrate on improving while revising.
Be wise and Revise - Without revision, it is difficult to crack any exam especially one like JEE Main. You can only improve if you revise.
Clear all your concepts, doubts. Never leave a question unanswered in your mind.
Put the brake and take a break - While studying is good, it's not wise to do it continuously. So take some time off to refresh your mind before you start again. You can listen to music, play games or do what eases your brain. Physical exercise for half an hour or an hour helps in boosting the memory. Eat right.
Best books for JEE Main 2021
While NCERT books are good to cement your base, its advisable to move to specialized books on JEE Main. Over the years some of the reference books have become popular on account of the tips given in them, practice exercises that are given at the end of the chapter and the indepth knowledge that is necessary to crack JEE Main 2021. Your preparation would be complete by referring to the best books for JEE Main 2021.
These are the books that are perfect to refer for IIT JEE also which includes both JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Some of the books that can be used for JEE Main preparation are
JEE Main 2021 - Best books for reference and preparation
Best books for Physics
Best Books for Chemistry
Best books for Maths
Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C Verma
NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII )
Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma
Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & walker
Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney
Understanding Physics by D C Pandey (Arihant Publications): Set of books for
Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon
The Elements Of Coordinate Geometry by S L Loney
Problems in General Physics by I.E Irodov
Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
Algebra by Dr S K Goyal Arihant Publications
Understanding physics by Freedman and Young
Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
Play with Graphs by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
Problems in Physics by SS Krotov
Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
Problems and solution of physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari
Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH
Practice makes a person perfect
Old saying but true!! The more you practise, the better you understand the technique to solve a problem and this in turn helps in other ways. So use the chapter exercises, mock tests, sample papers and every practice chance you get to ensure that you land on top in your JEE Main preparation attempt. The goal can be reached only if you traverse every path that leads to success in JEE Main 2021. Check out the JEE Main sample papers for better practice.
Find your exam centre a day before to check the location of the centre.
Keep your exam kit (hall ticket/admit card, Photo ID, pen, etc) ready one day before the exam to avoid misplacing or forgetting them.
Ensure that you get a good night’s sleep before the exam day.
Do not stress about the result of JEE Main 2021 during the exam. Instead take one question at a time and try to solve it.
Preparation is the key to a successful run in any entrance exam and only the best can reach that goal. Follow the above tips and tricks on how to prepare for JEE Main 2021 to ensure you have a successful run and study at an NIT, IIIT or GFTI. All the best!!
JEE Main 2021 News and Updates- The last date to apply for JEE...
Is JEE Main 2021 Syllabus Reduced - JEE Main 2021 syllabus has...
JEE Main Form Correction 2021- NTA has released the JEE Main c...
JAC Delhi 2021 - Joint Admission Counselling Committee, Delhi ...
LNMIIT B.Tech Admission 2021- The authorities will release the...
Questions related to JEE Main
what happen after jee advance result
After jee advanced results are declared, the josaa counselling process starts. Those who have cracked jee advanced are eligible for admissions in iit/nit/iiit/gfti and those who have only cracked jee mains are eligible for admission in ni/iiit/gfti. Students can also apply to various other counselling procedures that take admission on the basis of jee mains or jee advanced. In the counselling procedure students are allotted the colleges according to their ranks and then they make take admission in any one college out of the given choices.
what is syllbus of jee main 2021
See as of now the latest syllabus for JEE-Main 2021 is described below :-
Complex numbers and quadratic equations
Matrices and determinants
Sets, relations and functions
Permutations and combinations
Limit, continuity and differentiability
Binomial theorem and its simple applications
Sequence and Series
Statistics and probability
Physics and measurement
Work, energy and power
Properties of solids and liquids
Laws of motion
Oscillations and waves
Kinetic theory of gases
Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
Atoms and nuclei
Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Physical Chemistry
Some basic concepts in chemistry
States of matter
Chemical bonding and molecular structure
Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Purification and characterization of organic compounds
Chemistry in everyday life
Principles related to practical chemistry
Organic compounds containing halogens
Organic compounds containing oxygen
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
d- and f - block elements
General principles and processes of isolation of metals
For complete syllabus for JEE-Main 2021 and their PDFs along with the detailed content weightage, kindly check out the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
What is the reduced syllabus of NEET/JEE for 2021?
You can fetch all the details of the reduced syllabus of jee mains 2021 or neet 2021 from the links given below:-
Do I need JEE for Agricultural engineering?
As far as getting into two of the best technical institutes for Agricultural Engineering in India is concerned, you do need to appear for JEE.
1. IIT Kharagpur : JEE Advanced
2. GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology :
JEE Main Rank used for admission purposes.
Otherwise, other Technical universities like TNAU have their own admission procedures as well as Colleges in States like Karnataka, Maharashtra and those under Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
For more information about Agricultural Engineering do follow the link below
jee mains me important lesson kon kon se hai
The important topics of jee mains 2021 are as follows:
- Rotational Motion
- Modern Physics
- Complex Number
- Conic Section
- Vector & 3 D
- Trigonometric Equation
- Properties of Triangles
- Quadratic Equation
- Sequence and Series
- Permutations and combination
- Chemical bonding
- Coordination compound
- Salt analysis
- Ionic equilibrium
- Thermodynamics & thermochemistry
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Aromatic hydrocarbons
- GOC isomerism
- Liquid solutions
- Alkyl halides and aryl halides