WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2018 - The required qualifications and conditions to be fulfilled to participate in the entrance examination will constitute WBJEE 2018 eligibility criteria. Different categories such as nationality, age, academic qualification, domicile and more will have to be fulfilled by the candidates. If the set eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2018 is not satisfied then the candidates will not be allowed to attempt the entrance examination. All candidates are required to have qualified 10+2 (or equivalent) examination to be eligible for WBJEE admissions. Domicile requirement will be different for the various type of participating institutes. Institute specific eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2018 is also provided in the article below for all candidates. Before filling the application form, all candidates are requested to read the WBJEE 2018 eligibility criteria. WBJEE 2018 examination will be held on April 22, 2018 in offline mode. Only registered and eligible candidates will be able to participate in WBJEE 2018 examination. Check the full article to know more information about WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2018.
Latest: WBJEE Application Form 2018 available from December 19 till January 19
WBJEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The admission authorities of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will be responsible for preparing the eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2018. All candidates are required to satisfy the determined WBJEE eligibility criteria 2018 for admissions. Inability to meet the criteria will be lead to the candidate’s disqualification from the entrance examination of WBJEE 2018.
General Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2018
Nationality: All candidates should be citizens of India.
Age Criteria: The minimum age for WBJEE 2018 candidates is 17 years as on December 31, 2018. Candidates should have been born on or before December 31, 2001. There is no upper limit for B.Tech programmes except for Marine Engineering where the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
Academic Qualification: The candidates should have qualified his/ her 10+2 (or equivalent) examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects mentioned above in regular class mode. Those candidates who will be appearing in the qualifying exam in 2018 will also eligible to apply for WBJEE 2017.
Marks Required: General category candidates should have secured an aggregate of 45% and reserved category candidates should have scored 40% in the above three subjects taken together to be eligible for WBJEE 2018. All candidates are required to have qualified English in 10+2 with atleast 30% marks. The board of the qualifying examination must be recognized by Central and State government concerned.
Domicile: Should be residents of West Bengal for 10 years consecutively as on December 31, 2017 OR the parents of the candidates should be permanent residents of West Bengal with a permanent residential address in the state.
Residential/ Domicile Requirement for WBJEE 2018
Type of Institute
Category of Seats
State-Aided Universities offering Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy /Architecture courses
Government Engineering & Technology Colleges
Self-Financing Institutions offering Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy /Architecture courses
Requirements in terms of Residential/ Domicile Criteria
- There is no particular Residential/ Domicile requirement to appear in WBJEE 2018.
- However, the West Bengal Residential/ Domicile requirement is applicable for admission to any Government Engineering/ Technology colleges of the State as well for admission to any reserved category of seats in respect of any course in any of the enlisted University/ University Department as well as in any Engineering/ Technology college of the state.
- The West Bengal Residential/ Domicile requirement is also applicable for any seat under Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme.
- Candidates need to download the required proforma as per the detail given below and keep the certificate ready to be produced during counselling or admission etc.
- If the certificate is then found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in institutes and courses offered
Proforma of Certificate
Only those candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal who are either:
a) Residing in the state continuously for at least last 10 years as on December 31, 2017 OR
b) Whose parent(s) is/ are permanent resident(s) of West Bengal having permanent address within the state.
In case the candidates meet the first requirement then they will need to obtain the domicile certificate in proforma ‘a1’ or proforma ‘a2’. In case the second requirement is fulfilled, then the certificate needs to be obtained in proforma ‘b’ or the candidate has to produce in original any two of Voter ID Card/ Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Ration Card belonging to his or her parents. The documents would justify that the residential address of parents is in West Bengal.
Note: These Proforma - ‘a1’ and ‘b’ need to get certified by government officials as mentioned below. Proforma ‘a2’ is to be certified by the head of the institution from where the candidate has passed or appeared 10+2 exam.
Competent Authority to issue Domicile Certificate
Proforma ‘a1’ or ‘b’ must be signed and certified by any of the following competent authorities from Central or State government having local jurisdiction over the place of the permanent address of the concerned candidate or his or her parents as the case may be.
District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub – Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub Divisional Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police,
Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissioner.
Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Corporation Area - Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Some important points
- Every official certifying the Domicile Status of the candidate or his or her parents must provide his or her full name, designation, place of posting with address, landline, mobile number. He or she should also provide his or her identity card number if available.
- Certification from any other authority other than those that are mentioned above will not be accepted.
- Domicile Certificates issued by any elected people's representative such as municipal commissioner, Councillor of Municipal Corporation/ Municipality, Member of three-tier Panchayat system or GTA, MLA or MP are not acceptable for WBJEE 2018.
- Proforma 'a2' must be signed and certified by the Head of the Institution from which the candidate has passed or will appear in 10+2 examination. Such certificate must be issued after verification of the school education record of the candidate.
Institute Specific WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2018
Specific Eligibility Criteria
University of Calcutta
All available courses except Jute and Fibre Technology
For Jute and Fibre Technology
Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
For B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering & Robotic Engineering
For B.Tech in Other Branches
For Marine Engineering