What is Punjab Admission?
Punjab Admission Application Details
- Candidates need to register themselves online first and then pay the counselling fee via cash/net banking.
- After registration, the candidates have to choose “B.Tech” course and enter their JEE Main Roll number to fill the application form of Punjab Engineering Admission.
- Candidates shall enter the following details in the registeration process.
- Email Id
- Date of Birth
- Father's Name
- Mobile Number
- Phone Number (if available)
Application Fees of Punjab Engineering Admission Application Form - Rs 2,000.
Mode of Payment of Punjab Engineering Admission Application Fee
- Candidates have to print the E-slip of the bank after entering bank branch, city and state.
- Punjab Engineering Admission application fees can be paid at the selected bank branch only.
- Candidates are advised to ask for Transaction/Scroll ID from bank personnel. Transaction/Scroll ID is required to activate the payment of the application form of Punjab Engineering Admission.
- An email will be sent on registered email id of candidate by the Punjab Technical University after payment has been received.
Bank branches - HDFC, IDBI, AXIS and State Bank of Patiala (SBOP)
Credit/Debit Card (Visa/Master card)
- Candidates can use either credit card or debit card for payment of Punjab Engineering Admission application fees.
- After successful payment, the candidates can log in to complete the registration of Punjab Engineering Admission.
- An email will be sent on registered email id of the candidates by the Punjab Technical University for confirming their registrations, login-id and password.
- Candidates can also pay the application fees of Punjab Engineering Admission via net banking.
- After successful payment, the candidates can log in to complete the registration.
- They need to take the print out of payment receipt for future reference.
- An email will be sent on the registered email id of the candidate by the Punjab Technical University for confirming their registrations, login-id and password.
Steps to fill Punjab Engineering Admission Application Form
Candidates have to enter the following details to register
- Date of Birth
- Name of Candidate
- JEE Main Roll Number
- All India Rank in JEE Main
Filling in the Punjab Engineering Admission Application Form
Candidates will be required to enter the following details.
- State of Eligibility: Punjab (85% Quota) or other state (15% Quota)
- Main category, Sub category and Priority in case of Sports and Defence category
- Tuition Fee Waiver scheme
Participating Institues of Punjab Engineering Admission
Candidates will be given admissions in the colleges affiliated to the following Universities.
- I K Gujral, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
Punjab Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have passed class XII from a recognized board with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects.
They must have qualified JEE Main to be eligibile in the counselling of Punjab Engineering Admission
Those, who have passed a diploma in any engineering trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh OR Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or an equivalent examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education, can also apply for Punjab Engineering Admission.
Candidates passing two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET) are also eligible to apply.
85% seats are reserved for students belonging to Punjab, while for outside Punjab state, admissions is to be offered on the rest 15% of seats.
On the basis of candidates’ performance in JEE Main, admission is granted in colleges affiliated with the following universities/campuses
I K Gujral, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Maharaja Ranjit Singh State Technical University, Bathinda
Punjab Admission Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
Punjab Admission Counselling Details
Candidates have to appear and qualify JEE Main exam for appearing in Punjab Engineering Admission Counselling.
Those students who are appearing in their class XII or equivalent exam (qualifying examination) in are also eligible to appear the counselling.
They need to produce the certificate of eligibility at the time of admission. The admission of such candidates shall stand cancelled, if they fail to produce their eligibility.
The candidates can claim for reservation under different categories at the time of registration for online counselling of Punjab Engineering Admission.
Punjab Engineering Admission Counselling will be conducted for admission of Punjab residents on 85% of total seats for while, 15% seats are reserved for the outside Punjab candidates.
In case a candidate changes his/her college/university allotted during Punjab Engineering Admission Counselling, his / her fee shall be refunded by the previous institution after deduction of Rs.1,000 only and original documents will be returned immediately.
Counselling Fees of Punjab Engineering Admission
Punjab Technical University will collect the non-refundable amount of Rs. 2,000 (Rupees two thousand only) as counselling fee from every student one time only.
Documents to be furnished during Punjab Engineering Admission Counselling
Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by the Principal of the College/School last attended
JEE Main Admit Card
JEE Main Score Card
Marks sheet of Class XII or equivalent
Class X Certificate for proof of date of birth
Category Certificate (if applicable)
Character Certificate from the Principal of the college/school last attended
Migration Certificate for candidates of other Universities/Boards
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 1904 Joined
- 7 Questions