TNEA Counselling 2018 – All the engineering aspirants of Tamil Nadu will have to attend TNEA 2018 counselling. Anna University will conduct TNEA counselling 2018 in offline mode for all the eligible candidates on the basis of their marks obtained in their qualifying exam. Candidates will be invited for TNEA 2018 counselling on the basis of their merit. During the process of counselling, candidates will have to choose their colleges and branches of engineering in the order of their preference and fill them during choice filling. Candidates will then be awarded seat in TNEA on the basis of their merit, choice filling and reservation (if it exists) at the time of counselling. Candidates will have to produce their original certificates at the time of counselling along with the fee specified. The date, time and venue of TNEA counselling 2018 will be mentioned on the call letter which candidates will have to download before attending the counselling. The complete procedure of attending the TNEA 2018 counselling can be checked by candidates from the complete article given below.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018 Counselling
Third week of July 2018
Fourth week of July 2018
First week of August 2018
Second week of August 2018
TNEA Counselling Procedure 2018
Candidates need to check the complete counselling procedure of TNEA 2018 below. It is important for candidates to follow the counselling procedure step-wise to not miss on anything worth considering.
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 – Application Scrutiny
Step 3 – Rank List Publication
Step 4 – Call Letter Availability
Step 5 – Single Window Counselling
The detailed steps of TNEA 2018 counselling procedure have been provided below:
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates will have to fill the TNEA application form 2018 and get themselves registered at first. They have to provide their personal and academic details while registring for TNEA.
Step 2 - Application Scrutiny: Anna University will examine each of the received application form and will separate the eligible candidates from the non-eligible ones. Therefore, it is important for candidates to check the eligibility criteria before applying. After critical examining, random number of TNEA will be allotted to all the candidates moving ahead in the admission procedure.
Step 3 - Rank List Publication: The rank list of all the candidates will be published by Anna University. Candidates will get their names along with their ranks mentioned in the rank list.
Step 4 - Call Letter Availability: Candidates having their names in the rank list will have to download the counselling call letter as and when available.
Step 5 - Single Window Counselling: Candidates will have to go in person to attend the single window counselling at the prescribed date, time and venue as mentioned in the call letter.
The single window counselling will happen in the following way:
Payment of counselling fee: Candidates will have to pay the specified counselling fee of Rs 5000 (Rs 1000 for SC/ SCA/ ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) either by Cash or DD.
Document verification: Candidates will have to carry all of their original documents to the counselling. The list of documents is provided below.
Photocopy of class X Mark Sheet
Photocopy of HSC / Equivalent Mark Sheet*
Photocopy of Transfer Certificate*
Photocopy of Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either Permanent card or electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate)
Photocopy of HSC Hall Ticket
Photocopy of Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate – If applicable
Photocopy of First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate) – If applicable
Photocopy of Srilankan Tamil Refugee certificate – If applicable
Special Reservation Form(s) with DD and photocopy of the Relevant Certificate(s) – If applicable.
* Candidates who appeared in HSC / Equivalent examination in March 2018 must produce Original Mark sheet and TC at the time of counselling. However, downloaded copy of the mark sheet should be enclosed, others to enclose a copy of Mark sheet and TC.
Choice filling: Candidates will have to fill in their choice of colleges from TNEA participating institutes and B.Tech programmes offered by them in the order of their priority during choice filling.
Seat allotment: Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their merit, choice filling and reservation (wherever applicable). After seat allotment, candidates will be required to collect the allotment order. After verifying the allotted college and course as printed on the letter, candidates will have to report to the college and enrol for admission before the last date.
Salient features of TNEA counselling 2018
- The counselling will be conducted in offline mode. In case, a candidate fails to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he or she can attend it on a subsequent date and time, during the counselling period. In this case, the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per their original rank.
- In case of a candidate taking admission in any institution and has deposited all the documents there, he or she would be required to produce a letter from the Head of the Institution to that effect. Such candidates will have to produce attested photocopies of all certificates from the Head of the Institution for verification purposes. The provisional allotment order will be withheld in such a case and will be released only on production of all the original certificates.
- Anna University will not be responsible for any postal delay or non- receipt of intimation for counselling.
- Candidates who fail to attend TNEA counselling 2018 cannot claim their admissions.
- In case of any change in the ranking of a candidate due to re-totalling or revaluation of marks, he or she will have to attend the counselling as per their new marks and rank, even if the call letter specifies a different date (as per original mark).
- Once the whole procedure of counselling will be over, the counselling fees will be adjusted in the tuition fees. If a candidate does not join after allotment and asks for the refund, only 80% of the amount paid during counselling will be refunded. All the admissions made through single window system will be provisional.
TNEA 2018 Counselling for Special Cases
Candidates will have to produce discharge certificates and Ex-Servicemen ID card of their parents, when called for counselling.
Candidates applying under reservation category for differently abled persons will be required to produce the certificate from the Medical Board of the District concerned, certifying the nature and extent of disability in percentage and with regard to his/her suitability for admission to Engineering Colleges. A separate Board for each category will examine the candidates with reference to their certificates, before TNEA counselling 2018.
Candidates seeking admission under special reservation categories will also be eligible for admission under general counselling.
Candidates will be informed of their rank individually by post through the TNEA counselling call letter.
As per the choice of the candidates, the college and the branch will be provisionally allotted through counselling.
In proportion to the available seats, candidates will have to appear before the common committee for engineering for verification of the originals, followed by counselling after ranking.
Before the start of the general counselling, selected candidates under sports quota will be counselled and allotted branches and colleges based on the ranking.
The information is this article has been based on previous year's brochure. It will be updated as soon as new information comes up.