About TS POLYCET 2020
Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (TS POLYCET) is conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad, for admission to engineering diploma courses, among others, offered by polytechnic institutes in the state of Telangana. The authorities will conduct the entrance exam on July 1 as a pen-and-paper based test. The exam will have one paper consisting of three sections – physics, chemistry and mathematics. Application form of TS POLYCET is available online from March 2 to May 31 (extended date). The result of TS POLYCET 2020 will be released by SBTET, Telangana in online mode and will include marks obtained in the entrance exam and rank cards. Based on the rank lists, candidates will be short-listed for counselling and seat allotment.
TS POLYCET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||TS POLYCET|
|Conducting Body||State Board of Technical Education and Training Telangana|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Languages||English, Telugu +1 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||400 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
TS POLYCET 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
02 Mar, 2020 - 31 May, 2020
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
01 Jul, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
TS POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of TS POLYCET 2020 are the aggregate of conditions that the candidate has to meet in order to be considered for admission. Any candidate who doesn’t meet any of these conditions, he or she may be disqualified at any stage of the admission process. The full details of the prescribed eligibility criteria have been described below:
Nationality – The candidate needs to be an Indian national
Domicile – The candidate must be resident of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
Qualifying Exam – Candidate who have passed SSC examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana with a minimum aggregate of 35% marks, and have studied Mathematics as one of the subject are eligible.
In case of candidates who have passed any other equivalent exam, they will in addition need to have passed all the subjects – including physics, chemistry and mathematics, with minimum 35% marks in each subject.
Age limit – No age limit has been set for appearing in the exam.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
The exam authorities has released application form of TS POLYCET 2020 on March 2. The last date to submit the online application form is May 31 (extended). To fill the application form online, the candidate will have to go to the online application portal, get registered, fill the form, upload necessary documents, pay the application fee, and finally submit it. The process to fill the application form is explained in brief below.
Procedure to fill TS POLYCET 2020 application form
- Enter Class 10 passing year, hall ticket number, and date of birth
- Fill in the name -should be the same as mentioned in school certificates. When entering the name, make sure to leave gaps between parts of the name.
- Enter name of father.
- Fill in correspondence details
- Select the exam centre from available options
- Choose the category, if applicable.
- If the candidate belongs to any special category (CAP/SP/PH/NCC), it must also be mentioned.
- Select medium of exam
- Paste a photograph duly signed by parent (or a guardian) at the appropriate place.
- If filled in offline mode offline, visit a nearby help line centre and submit the completed application form to the computer operator. The application fee of Rs. 350 (Rs. 200 for SC and ST candidates) can be paid in either online or offline.
- The operator will enter details mentioned on the application and upload all relevant documents to an online system. After the process is over, admit cards will be issued and handed over to the candidate. Admit cards can also be downloaded online.
|General, OBC||Online, Offline||Male, Female||₹ 400|
|ST, SC||Online, Offline||Male, Female||₹ 250|
TS POLYCET 2020 Syllabus
TS POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of TS POLYCET 2020 contains insights into the structure of the exam, like the types of questions asked, marking scheme, syllabus, exam duration and much more. These details could be used by the candidate to sync their preparation with the requirements of the exam and thereby increase their chances of success. Refer the bullets below to learn the full details.
TS POLYCET Exam Pattern 2020
- The test time will have one paper of 2 hours duration
- Exam mode will be offline based, with candidates having to enter their responses on Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Response Sheets.
- The syllabus of the exam will be based on SSC Examination
- Question type will be multiple choice type. Each question will be followed by four answer options, out of which only one will be the correct option.
- There will be a total of 120 questions.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. There is no negative marking.
Total and section-wise number of questions asked
Number of Questions Asked
TS POLYCET 2020 hall tickets will be available in both online and offline mode. Candidates can also collect in from the computer operator at the helpline centre. The operator generates the admit card after completing the uploading process. To download the admit card online, candidate has to go to the specific online portal and log-in. An important document, the admit card will carry details like name of the candidate, roll number, date and time of the exam, and also exam centre details. Care must take to preserve it until at least the admission process is over.
How to download TS POLYCET Hall Ticket 2020
- Click on the hall ticket download link, it will take the candidate to a log-in page
- Select the qualifying exam
- Next enter following details to log-in - Tenth Exam Hall Ticket Number, Date of Birth, and Tenth Passing/Appearing Year
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout.
Documents Required at Exam
- Hall ticket
The result of TS POLYCET 2020 will be released by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana on the official website. For general category candidates, the result will be declared for only those candidates who score a minimum 30% marks, or 36 marks out of 120. However there are no minimum criteria for SC and ST applicants, and their ranks will be published irrespective of their scores in the exam.
The result would carry details like the marks and ranks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. The rank list would be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. In case two or more candidates score the same marks, inter-se merit will be determined.
Rules and order for determining Inter-se merit:
1. Candidates with higher marks in mathematics will be ranked higher
2. In this step, the one who has more marks in Physics will be placed higher
3. If tie persists, DOB will be considered with the older candidate given preference.
4. Finally, the tie will be decided based on qualifying exam marks, with the candidates having higher percentage to be ranked higher.
How to check TS POLYCET Result 2020
- Click on result portal (link will be given here once it is available)
- Log-in TS POLYCET 2020 hall ticket number
- The result and rank card will be displayed on screen
- Take a printout of the rank card and result.
TS POLYCET 2020 Cutoff
Exam officials will release the TS POLYCET 2020 cutoff for each phase of seat allotment for all the participating institutes. The cutoffs thus released would be branch, category and gender-specific. Candidates applying for admission would be likely considered for admission in that round only if they meet the specific cutoff criteria. Please note the cutoff is determined based on parameters like number of seats available, applications received for admission, category of the candidate, reputation of the institute, etc. If any of these variables change in any given year, the cutoff would also change. Nonetheless, the candidate would get a general idea about the kind of scores to get admission into their chosen discipline.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Mode of Counselling: Online
Candidates have to register for the counselling in online mode and report for document verification and option entry at the TS POLYCET help centres. To get their documents verified, candidates will have to attend the verification centre in person with originals of all relevant documents.
The allotment of seats will be based on both the merit rank of the candidate and also choices opted for admission. Please note that seat allotment for reserved category candidates would be carried out separately as per respective rank lists.
Candidates who have been allotted seats will have to download the allotment letter and e-challan, which will be required for making at a designated bank branch.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Memo of marks of SSC or its equivalent examination
- Community certificate
- Birth certificate
- TS POLYCET 2020 hall ticket and rank card
- Certificate of study for the period from class 4 to 10.
- Candidates who appeared for qualifying examination privately, the relevant certificate
- In case of a candidate who is not local to any one of the university area, the relevant certificate
- Conduct certificate from head of the institution last attended.
- Physical fitness certificate
- Income certificate issued by mandal revenue officer in 2020.
- Minority certificate, if applicable
- Any other relevant certificate
Questions related to TS POLYCET
is there any possibility of revorrection of the application form ??
There is no recent notification available on the correction facility of TS POLYCET 2020 on the official website.
But if you have made any mistakes in your essential details, kindly contact the officials via mail or phone call during working hours bg using their contact address available on the link : https://polycetts.nic.in/contactus.aspx
You may know that the last date of filling up the application form has been extended upto 17th April, 2020.
For more information about TS POLYCET 2020, you can visit : https://engineering.careers360.com/exams/ts-polycet
Hope this answer will help you.
application last date for entrance in TS POLICE 2020
Telangna state level Police Recruitment Board is going to announce in a huge number of police constables Recruitment notification 2020.
Applications are soon invited through Online mode only in the prescribed performa to be made available on website www.tslprb.in for recruitment to the following posts
police constable civil
will exams be postponed now in telangana? because of india lockdown
various state level and board exams , recruitment exams , entrances exams have been postponed across the country due to Corona birus outbreak and national Lock down,
In various states like Gujarat, Tamil Nadu , Maharashtra students from STD I to Ix are directly promoted to next year. On the other hand CBSE , CISCE have left no option excpt to postpone exams X and XII untill April 14 , 2020.
It seems like admission season for the academic sessions 2020-21 might delay.
Telangna intermediate exam which is scheduled on March 23, 2020 has been postponed. New dates will be announced after 15th April.
Telangna SSC exams which were to be scheduled in March , 2020 has been postponed .
Telangna high court on March 20, 2020 directed the state and it's SSC board to postpone all the SSC exams scheduled to be held from March 23 to March 31.
JEE main exams will be conducted in the last week of May.
NEET 2020 has also postponed.
can students who have studied in CBSE board can appear in POLYCET?
Yes, you can appear for POLYCET as CBSE is recognized as an equivalent to SSC and you must pass all the subjects including MAths, Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject.
Hope this helps!