About Delhi CET 2020
Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), Government of NCT of Delhi has commenced the third round of Delhi CET 2020 counselling with choice filling. Earlier, Delhi CET merit list was announced on October 30 and candidates having their names in the same are eligible to participate in the counselling process. The authorities announced that Delhi CET 2020 examination will not be conducted and admissions will now be done on the basis of merit. This decision has been made by the authorities due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The application form of Delhi CET 2020 was available in online mode till September 17. Candidates had to enter all valid and correct information in the application form.
Delhi CET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Delhi Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||Delhi CET|
|Conducting Body||Department of Training and Technical Education Delhi|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||400 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Mode of Counselling||Online / Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
Delhi CET 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
27 Oct, 2020 - 07 Nov, 2020
Counselling - commencement of round 3 | Mode: Online Ongoing
05 Nov, 2020 - 16 Nov, 2020
Counselling - commencement of round 4 | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
10 Oct, 2020 - 20 Oct, 2020
Counselling - commencement of round 2 | Mode: Online
03 Oct, 2020 - 12 Oct, 2020
Counselling - commencement of round 1 | Mode: Online
30 Sep, 2020
Result - Merit list | Mode: Online
03 Aug, 2020 - 17 Sep, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
Delhi CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to diploma courses offered by the participating institutes must check the eligibility criteria of Delhi CET 2020 as prescribed by the admission authorities. With the help of Delhi CET 2020 eligibility criteria, candidates will get an idea of whether they can apply for the admission in a particular course or not. Candidates must meet the eligibility as set by the authority, without which their applications will not be processed. Following are the eligibility criteria of Delhi CET 2020 that candidates must meet:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates applying for the examination must have passed Class 10th examination conducted by CBSE or equivalent examination board with at least 35% marks or 3.7 CGPA with Science, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects. In addition, candidates must have passed every subject individually.
- Physical Fitness: Candidates applying must be physically fit and would be required to present a certificate ascertaining the physical fitness of the candidate at the time of counselling.
- Age Limit: The authority has listed the gender and category wise maximum age limits that candidate must have as on August 1, 2020 are mentioned below in the given table.
Upper Age Limit
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The admission authority of examination released the application form of Delhi CET 2020 in online mode. Candidates could fill the application form till September 17. It must be ensured by the candidates that they met eligibility criteria of Delhi CET 2020 before filling the application form. It is advised by the authority that candidates must enter all valid and correct information in the application form, without which application forms will be rejected.
Steps to fill application form of Delhi CET 2020
- Registration: At first, candidates must choose the test (Test 1) and thereafter will have to register by entering details such as candidate's name, parent's name, gender, communication details and password. Candidates must also provide valid email id and password at the time of registration.
- Fill the application form: After the registration is complete, candidates have to enter all the details in the application form. All valid and correct information is to be entered. Details like personal details, academic details and address of communication are to be filled by the candidate. Test which the candidates wish to appear for is also required to be entered.
- Upload scanned images: Candidates after entering all the details in the application form will be asked to upload scanned images in the prescribed format. The documents required to be uploaded are scanned image of photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- Payment of Application Fees: After images have been uploaded, candidates will be prompted to make the payment of application fees. The application fee for the examination is Rs. 400/- exclusive of bank charge of Rs. 15 and GST of Rs. 3. The application fee has to be paid through online mode only.
- Submit the Application Form: Candidates must review their application form before finally submitting it. If at any point, the information entered is incorrect, edit the details and then after final review, submit the application form.
|ST, General, SC, OBC||Online||Male, Female||₹ 400|
Delhi CET 2020 Syllabus
Diploma Lateral Entry
Modern office practice English
Comprehension of english including grammar of class XII level
Knowledge of current affairs
Logical and analytical ability
Modern office practice Hindi
Comprehension of hindi including grammar of class XII level
Knowledge of current affairs
Logical and analytical ability
Delhi CET 2020 Exam Pattern
No examination will be conducted due to COVID-19, however, the candidates can check the information for rewference. Candidates appearing for the examination are advised to go through the exam pattern of Delhi CET 2020 so as to have an idea of how the question paper will be arranged and it comprises of. With the help of Delhi CET 2020 exam pattern, candidates will have more information about total number of questions, total marks, marks allotted to each question, mode of examination, duration of examination and marking scheme. Since exam pattern changes every year, so with the help of examination pattern candidates will have an exact idea of the layout of the question paper.
Delhi CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen and Paper mode)
Duration of exam
2 hours and 30 minutes
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
English and Hindi
Total number of questions
150 multiple choice questions in each paper.
4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer
1 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer
The admission authority of the Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE) will not release the admit card of Delhi CET 2020 since the exam has been cancelled. However, the information can be checked for reference purposes. Delhi CET 2020 admit card comprises of following details:
- Name of candidate
- Roll number
- Application number
- Test number
- Date of birth
- Category and sub-category
- Parents name
- Address of communication
- Address of exam centre
- Date and time of examination
- Thumb impression
- General Instructions
How to download the Delhi CET 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the official website
- Click on the candidate login link
- Select the test number
- Enter application number, password, security code
- Click on the Log-in button
- Admit card will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card
- Take at least 2 print-outs
Delhi CET 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Delhi CET 2020 admit card
The result of Delhi CET 2020 will not be declared by the Department of Training and Technical Education, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi since the exam has been canceled. However, the authorities released Delhi CET 2020 merit list for qualified candidates based on qualifying examination on September 30. The following information can be checked for reference purposes. The results will comprise of marks secured by candidates in the examination and no weightage will be given to marks secured in the qualifying examination.
How to check Delhi CET 2020 Result
- Click on link to check the result of Delhi CET 2020
- Log-in to the admission portal by using credentials such as CET 2020 roll number, application number and security code
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the result in PDF format
- Take a printout for future reference
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
The counselling of Delhi CET 2020 has commenced the round 3 in online (web-based) mode from October 27. The candidates who have registered and meet the criteria have to register for the online counselling of Delhi CET 2020. Candidates have to select their preference as per their choice and pay the counselling fees in an online mode only. Thereafter, candidates will be allotted seat as per the choice made by the candidate and after that candidate will have to report to the venue for the document verification process.
Counselling process of Delhi CET 2020
- Payment of counselling fee: Candidates shortlisted after the examination have to pay a non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 700 (excluding GST). Payment has to be made in an online mode.
- Online registration: After the payment of counselling fee, candidates have to register for the counselling process. Aadhaar and PAN card details are a must for the registration process. Candidates will have to provide marks secured by the candidate in Class 10, category and sub-category, personal details, etc. Also, candidates will have to provide their test number, CET roll number, application number, etc.
- Choice Filling: Candidates will be required to provide choice as per their preference. Candidate must provide the number of choices so that the chances of getting a seat in either of the choices entered is high.
- Allotment of seats: Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit rank list prepared by the authority, choices entered by the candidates and also on the availability of seats.
- Payment of institutional fee: Candidates allotted the seat will have to pay the institutional fee in an online mode.
- Verification of documents: After online counselling process is complete, candidates will have to report to the allotted institute for the document verification process and also to confirm their seat.
Delhi CET 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Delhi CET 2020 admit card
- Provisional allotment letter
- Online registration slip
- Copy of choices submitted by candidate
- Two latest color photographs of 7.0 cm x 5.5 cm size
- Secondary school certificate for proof of date of birth
- Certificate and mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- SC / ST / person with disabilities/Divyang (PWD)/OBC certificate
- Defence category / kashmiri migrants / minority status certificate
- Conduct and character certificate from the head of the institution
- Medical fitness certificate
- Undertaking regarding prohibition of ragging
- Transfer certificate/school leaving certificate/migration certificate
- Declaration/undertaking for non migration (inter-polytechnic/institute) after admission
Questions related to Delhi CET
Which colleges will I get after clearing Diploma Polytechnic in Delhi CET after 10th in computer science?
Department of Training and Technical Education (DTTE) conducts CET Delhi for admitting students in various Engineering and Non – Engineering diploma courses programs offered in Polytechnic Institutions in Delhi.
DTTE conducts 5 different tests under CET for different courses. the programs are as follows,
Diploma courses (Engineering & Non-Engineering)
Modern Office Practice (English) or one year certificate courses (Hospitality Operations, Retail Services and Finance Executive) in WCSC.
Modern Office Practice (Hindi)
Pharmacy or one year certificate course: Software Testing Assistant in WCSC
Lateral Entry in diploma engineering.
for 10th passed students , diploma courses (engineering and non engineering) is available. eligibility criteria is applicants should pass in class 10th or Metric or its equivalent examination from recognized Board and secured 35% marks in aggregate in Mathematics, Science and English.
for subject test of diploma test pattern would be as follows,
- Mathematics 50
- Physics 40
- Chemistry 30
- Biology 15
- English 15
colleges which offers admission through delhi CET scores are as follows,
GB Pant Polytechnic
Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic
Kasturba Polytechnic for Women
Meera Bai Institute of Technology
Integrated Institute of Technology
Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies
Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
Aditya Institute of technology
Baba Haridass College of Pharmacy & Technology
Chhotu Ram Rural Institute of Engineering & Technology
Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic
Marathwada Institute of Technology
Subramaniam Bharati College of Science & Technology
International Polytechnic for Women.
hope it would help.
Which college will I get after clearing Polytechnic Diploma in Delhi CET?
DTTE CET is conducted every year for admission to various diploma courses in polytechnic(engineering & non-engineering) offered by several institutes/colleges across Delhi.
These are some of the best colleges you can get :
- Ambedkar Polytechnic
- Aryabhat Polytechnic
- GB Pant Polytechnic
- Guru Nanak Dev Polytechnic
- Kasturba Polytechnic for Women
- Meera Bai Institute of Technology
- Pusa Polytechnic
- Integrated Institute of Technology
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital
I hope this helps.
I m interested in Diploma in computer engineering,and last year I completed my 12th with PCB .Am I eligible for DELHI CET??and somewhere I saw that Delhi CET is not for non delhi candidates,Is this true??
Hello student as per the eligibility criteria - Candidates should have passed class 10 or equivalent examination with minimum of 35 percent marks or 3.5CGPA from a recognized board. Candidates should also have mathematics, science and English as compulsory subjects.
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt
I m from Up ,comes in general category And completed the intermediate last year,Can I able to give the DELHI CET exam???and if ,yes,then what is the syllabus for this exam???
delhi CET do conduct 5 tests and eligibility criteria do differ for each course , can you help us which test are you going to appear , however for your little help here i am mentioning some of the relevant information if you are applying for lateral entry then only delhi region candidates can apply and the eligibility criteria is candidate must have passed their 10+2 with physics and chemistry as compulsory subjects along with mathematics/biology(botany/zoology) or 12th science (with mathematics as one of the subject) or 12th science with vocational or 12th science with technical or passed 10th class from CBSE board and 2 years ITI (engg) from ITIs/ITCs situated in delhi only
for more information feel free to ask us
hope this helps!