SASTRA University B.Tech Counselling 2018 - Candidates will be able to register themselves for SASTRA University B.Tech 2018 counselling tentatively from the first week of April 2018. The counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2018 will be conducted in offline mode for all registered candidates. Only those candidates who are named in the merit list will be able to participate in the counselling session. Admissions through SASTRA University B.Tech Counselling 2018 will be done through two streams – Stream 1 i.e., JEE Main scores and 10+2th standard exam normalized scores and Stream 2 i.e., 10+2th standard exam normalized scores. SASTRA University currently offers 14 B.Tech courses to eligible candidates through the counselling session. Along with the exam scores, the preference of the candidates will also be taken into consideration during allotment. Read the full article to know more information about SASTRA University B.Tech Counselling 2018.
Important Dates of SASTRA University B.Tech 2018
Start of Registration
First week of April 2018
End of Registration
Second week of June 2018
Announcement of Rank List
Second week of June 2018
Commencement of Counselling Session
Third week of June 2018
SASTRA University B.Tech Merit List 2018
The concerned authorities will be releasing the merit list of SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2018 for all of the registered candidates. The merit list will be prepared separately for the different channels of admission. Stream 1 will consist of the rank list based on the JEE Main 2018 scores and normalized scores of 10+2th standard exam scores for admissions into the 70% available seats. Through Stream 2, the remaining 30% seats will be open for the candidates on the basis of their normalized 10+2 or equivalent marks. The detailed preparation of the merit list is given in the table below.
Preparation of Merit List
For the remaining 30% seats, the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their normalized 10+2 or equivalent marks of the candidates.
SASTRA University B.Tech 2018 Counselling Procedure
Eligible candidates will firstly have to register themselves for SASTRA UniversityB.Tech counselling 2018. The registered candidates will be ranked according to their stream of admission and be called in for the counselling session.
The counselling of SASTRA University B.Tech 2018 is conducted in offline mode. All of those candidates whose names are listed in the merit list will have to report at the counselling venue for the allotment process. The selected candidates will be required to download their call letter and physically attend the SASTRA University B.Tech counselling 2018 with their original documents. Along with the original documents, the candidates are also advised to carry photocopies. The candidates will be called for counselling based on their ranking in the merit list. Verification of the documents will be done by the concerned authorities. The verified candidates will then be allotted seats based on their rank and choice of preferred course. The allotted candidates will have to pay the admission fees and complete their admission formalities.
Documents to be Submitted for Verification
10+2th standard equivalent mark sheet
JEE Main 2018 Score Card (if applicable)
Demand Draft in favour of SASTRA, payable at Thanjavur
Recent Passport Size Photograph
Transfer Certificate from institute last attended
Migration Certificate (if applicable)
Tuition Fees of SASTRA University B.Tech Admission 2018
Amount (in Rs.)
Tuition fees per semester (There will be 5% annual increase from second year)
Sports and Unit Test Fees (Annual)
Development Fees (One Time)
One-time payment inclusive of special fees, registration fees, medical fees
This article is written according to previous year’s information. Updated details will be available here as soon as it is released by the admission authorities.