About AP POLYCET 2020
AP POLYCET 2020 will be conducted for admission to diploma courses at polytechnic institutes in the state of Andhra Pradesh. AP POLYCET 2020 application form is now available from March 16 to July 21 (extended). Due to COVID-19, the authorities have postponed the entrance exam. New dates will be announced later. Conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Amaravati, the exam will be of 2 hours duration and will include multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The syllabus of AP POLYCET 2020 will be based on Class X (SSC) syllabus. AP POLYCET 2020 result will be declared in online mode. Candidates will be able to download the rank card from the website for further admission process. The counselling of AP POLYET 2020 will start with document verification and will conclude with the announcement of seat allotment list.
AP POLYCET 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||AP POLYCET|
|Conducting Body||State Board of Technical Education and Training Andhra Pradesh|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||350 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
AP POLYCET 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
16 Mar, 2020 - 21 Jul, 2020
Application | Mode: Offline and Online Ongoing
AP POLYCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, it is incumbent on candidates they meet the prescribed eligibility criteria of AP POLYCET 2020. In such cases where a candidate is found to not meeting the eligibility criteria, he or she may be barred from admission at any stage of the selection process. The important eligibility criteria the candidate should meet have been explained in detail below.
Eligibility Criteria of AP POLYCET 2020
- Nationality and domicile – The candidate needs to be an Indian national and a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Qualifying Exam – The candidate must have passed SSC examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or an equivalent exam scoring minimum 35% marks in aggregate with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Age limit – There is no lower or upper age limit to appear in the exam.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking
The exam authorities have released the application form of AP POLYCET 2020 on March 16 in online and offline mode and the last date to submit is July 21. Candidates are required to download the application form and fill it offline or they can submit the online application form through the payment gateway. The duly filled application form has to be submitted at a helpline centre, where the computer operator will enter the details on a computer system and also upload essential documents. Upon successful application submission, admit cards will be generated and handed over to the candidate.
The candidate is urged to read the guidelines mentioned in the instruction booklet carefully before they start filling the application form. The application form is available in offline mode too but due to COVID-19, the forms can be submitted in online mode only.
How to fill AP POLYCET 2020 application form- Offline
- The candidate has to first download the application form online and take a printout and then proceed to fill the hard-copy of the application form. or The candidates can fill the application form in online mode itself.
- Details pertaining to a year of passing Class 10 and hall ticket number, and date of birth has to be entered.
- The name of the candidate should be the same as mentioned in school certificates. When entering the name, look to it that there is a gap between parts of the name.
- Fill in father’s name.
- Fill in correspondence details.
- Mention the exam centre.
- Category details (SC, ST, etc.)
- To be considered under CAP/SP/PH/NCC, pertaining details have to be mentioned.
- Select the medium of exam
- A photograph, duly signed by the parent (guardian), should be affixed in the designated space.
- Go to nearby helpline centre and submit the application form to the computer operator there. At the time of submitting the application form, the candidate will also be required to pay the application fee of Rs. 400, either in cash or through net banking.
- The computer operator feeds the details mentioned on the application form to a computer system and also upload essential documents like photograph and signature. After the process is over and the application form is successfully uploaded.
How to fill AP POLYCET 2020 application form- Online
Step-1: Candidates need to upload the necessary documents as per the prescribed format.
Step-2: Fill the online application form on the basis of detailed instructions.
Step-3: Make the payment of application fee by Credit/Debit card.
Step-4: Download hall ticket: Candidates will receive the hall ticket instantly as PDF or through email after the successful completion of fee payment.
|ST, General, SC, OBC||Online, Offline||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 350|
AP POLYCET 2020 Syllabus
AP POLYCET 2020 Exam Pattern
To do well in the entrance exam, it is only logical that the candidate goes through the exam pattern of AP POLYCET 2020. This will give the candidate a clear indication as to what the entrance exam is all about and what he/she needs to do to succeed. Some of the key pointers of AP POLYCET 2020 exam pattern have been described in detail in the bullets below:
AP POLYCET Exam Pattern 2020
- The question paper will be of 2 hours duration and include multiple choice type
- Each question will have four answer options, out of which one answer will be correct.
- A total of 120 questions will be asked – Mathematics will contribute 60 questions, while Physics and Chemistry 30 each.
- Each question will have four answer options, out of which one will be the correct option.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect attempt.
- Questions will be set based on Class 10 (S.S.C.) syllabus.
- The exam will be conducted in offline (OMR-based) mode. Responses have to be entered by darkening the appropriate circle using 2B pencil
Candidates after duly filling the application needs to submit it to the computer operator at the help line centre. The operator then will enter the date to an online system and also upload signature and photograph. The candidate will also be required to pay the application fee – either online or in cash. Once the fee has been paid and the details are properly entered, the operator will click on the sumbit button to generate the AP POLYCET 2020 hall ticket. Normally candidates will be obtain the admit cards on the same day, but if there is a rush they may have to collect it from the help centre after two or three days. Exam authorities have also uploaded the admit card online. The process to download it is explained below.
Process to download online AP POLYCET hall ticket 2020
- Click on the hall ticket download link
- A log-in panel will open. Log-in using – Tenth Exam Hall ticket number, Date of Birth and year of passing/appearing in class 10
- Click on View and Print Hall Ticket button
The candidate needs to check the details mentioned on the admit card are correct or legible; if it is not the case the candidate must get it rectified at the helpline centre. If the photo is unclear or the data mentioned on the hall ticket is incorrect, the candidate may not be allowed to take the test.
Documents Required at Exam
- Hall ticket
The exam authorities will declare the result of AP POLYCET 2020 in online mode. Candidates will be able to check the result by logging into the result portal using their AP POLYCET 2020 hall ticket number. AP POLYCET result 2020 will include details like the overall and subject-wise score obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam.
To qualify in the exam, open category candidates need to score a minimum of 30% marks or obtain 36 marks out of 120. No minimum qualifying marks will be set for SC and ST candidates and they will be included in the merit list irrespective of their scores.
The rank card will also be released along with the result which can be checked by logging in using AP POLYCET hall ticket number. The OMR sheets will allow the candidate to calculate their probable scores and thus confirm whether they are identical to the scores mentioned on the result sheet. If there is a discrepancy, the candidate may register a complaint.
In cases where two or more candidates score the same marks, the tie will be decided in the following order:
- Candidates who have higher marks in mathematics will be ranked higher
- Candidates with higher marks in physics will be placed higher
- If the tie persists, it the candidate older in age will be given preference.
How to check AP POLYCET Rank Card 2020
- Log-in to result portal using AP POLYCET 2020 hall ticket number
- The rank card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the rank card.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Mode of Counselling: Online
The counselling process of AP POLYCET 2020 will be conducted in online (web-based) mode. The authorities will put eligible candidates under different groups based on their rankings, and a counselling schedule prepared accordingly. Candidates who are short-listed for web-based counselling have to get registered and get their documents verified at designated helpline centres within the given schedule.
After successful completion of the document verification process, the candidates have to participate in the choice filling. It is recommended that the candidates fill as many choices as possible to maximize their chances of admission. In fact, to make the choice filling process easier for candidates, cutoff details of the previous academic session will be uploaded on the portal. By referring the last rank (cutoff details) the candidate will be able to access their chances of admission.
AP POLYCET Seat Allotment 2020
The allotment of seats will be based on the merit rank of the candidates and also choices filled by them. The details of seat allotment will be published in the official portal. To check their allotment status, candidates will hav to log in to allotment portal using their login credentials. Notification related to seat allotment will be sent to the candidate on their registered mobile numbers.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Memo of marks of SSC or its equivalent examination.
- Community certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Hall ticket and rank card of AP POLYCET 2020
- Certificate of study for the entire period of education from Class IV to X.
- Certificate of residence (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- NCC certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Physical fitness certificate
- Transfer certificate (if applicable)
- Conduct certificate (from institution last attended)
- Games and sports certificate (if applicable)
- Minority certificate (if applicable)
- Any other certificate
Questions related to AP POLYCET
When did polycet exam will be conducted?
According to the official site the exam is scheduled on 28th April,2020. But due to the nationwide lockdown been extended till 3rd May, the dates will be postponed, but we should wait for any official notification.
to stay updated visit the link below:
I hope this helps.
All the best!
Im completing my ssc in this year and have age of 14 can iam eligble for ap polycet
Yes , you are eligible for AP polytechnic even if you are only 14 years old as there's no minimum age limit to be eligible for AP polytechnic.
But yes to be eligible you must pass your SSC examination conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or an equivalent exam with a minimum aggregate of 35% marks with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
For detailed information go through
how many marks i won in enterance exam to join in poly cet college
You will need nothing less than 100 in Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam if you belong to general category and want to join a good college also. If you belong to any of the Reserved Categories, then you can afford to score atleast 85. So prepare accordingly. Solve previous year exam papers and give mock tests as many as possible.
what is age limit of ap polycet
Well there is no age limit upper or lower to appear in the AP POLYCET examination. Hence candidates of any age group passionate to pursue their professional studies can register for this Examination.
Hope this would be beneficial to you