What is Uni-Gauge-E?
Uni-Gauge-E Application Details
Uni-GAUGE application form is released in online mode tentatively in the third week of January, while the application closes in the third week of April. Candidates applying for Uni-GAUGE can opt for taking Uni-GAUGE or COMEDK UGET or both together. Even if applying for both the exams, the candidates have to write only 1 common/single exam. If they select only Uni-GAUGE, then the application fee is a little lesser, while if they apply for both the exams, then they have to pay a little more application fee. Read the complete application procedure of Uni-GAUGE below.
Steps for filling Uni-GAUGE application form
Stage 1: Registration
Stage 2: Log in
Stage 3 – Applying For
Stage 4 – Personal Details
Stage 5 – Category Details
Stage 6 – Academic Details and Image Uploading
Stage 7 – City Preference and Fee Payment
Stage 1 - The very first stage of Uni-GAUGE application process is registration wherein candidates have to register by entering details related to their Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Unique ID (Voter ID, Passport, Driving Licence, Aadhaar Card), Unique ID Proof number and generate an OTP.
Stage 2 – Now, candidates have to log in again using the User ID/Application Number and Password sent to their registered email ID.
Stage 3 – At this stage, the candidates have to choose whether they want to take only Uni-GAUGE or Both – COMEDK UGET and Uni-GAUGE-E. After selecting the exams, the application fee reflects accordingly.
Stage 4 – Candidates have to enter/select personal and communication details like Father’s/Guardian’s full name, Mother’s full name, Gender and Nationality, parent’s/guardian’s mobile number, Unique ID Proof and Unique ID proof number, parent’s/guardian’s annual income, correspondence and communication details, state, district, city and pin code.
Stage 5 – At this stage, the candidates have to fill/select category details like Karnataka or Non-Karnataka status, whether belongs to Karnataka by Birth or by Domicile, Linguistic and Religious Minority status, and Hyderabad-Karnataka Region status, and category details.
Stage 6 – Candidates have to enter/select academic details and upload images of photograph, signature and Unique ID Proof. Select/enter details related to Qualifying exam, Whether Completed or pursuing qualifying exam, enter month and year of passing the qualifying examination, select board of qualifying exam, Name and place of the institute last studied, enter Roll/Reg/Index No Of 10th Standard Marks Card and enter the name of other entrance exams being pursued.
Upload Images and Documents
Candidates have to now upload their scanned/digital photograph and signature along with the signature of father/guardian. They also have to upload Unique ID proof selected at the time of registration. (If the unique ID proof is more than 1 pages, then candidates have to combine those pages and upload it as 1 file only).
Stage 7 – This is the last stage of the application process of Uni-GAUGE wherein candidates have to select 3 exam centres as per the order of their preference. Now, they have to pay the application fee of Uni-GAUGE in online mode using Credit/Debit/Net Banking. For fee payment, they have to click on the declaration for fee payment. Candidates have to enter their mobile number and email ID and pay the application fee.
For PCM-Uni-GAUGE only, the application fee is Rs. 1600
For PCM- Both – COMEDK UGET and Uni-GAUGE-E, candidates have to pay Rs. 2100 as application fee.
Uni-Gauge-E Eligibility Criteria
- For admission to B.E./B. Tech programmes (Except B.Tech in Biotechnology), candidates need to have passed 2nd PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State/Central Government with the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, English as compulsory subjects. Candidates appearing in class 12th/2nd PUC/Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in the examination year are also eligible to take the entrance test.
- For B.Tech/B.E. in Biotechnology, candidates must have passed or appearing in 2nd PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State/Central Government with the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Mathematics, English as compulsory subjects and Biology/Bio-Technology/chemistry/any other technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects.
- General Category candidates need at least 45% aggregate marks, while SC/ST/Reserved candidates must have scored 40% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates are required to pass these subjects individually too.
- Diploma candidates are also eligible for apply to Uni-GAUGE entrance exam.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the admission year.
Uni-Gauge-E Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
Uni-Gauge-E Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
Uni-Gauge-E Exam Centers
Uni-Gauge-E exam will be held at 141 centers across the country
Uni-Gauge-E Counselling Details
Qualified candidates of Uni-GAUGE are eligible to participate in counselling. There is no common counselling for Uni-GAUGE. Candidates need to download their score card and apply separately to each participating institute individually. Each participating institutes holds its separate counselling individually. During the counselling, the candidates have to produce the specified documents to prove their identity. On the basis of Uni-GAUGE result, the respective institute will prepare a merit list. Allotment of seats will be based on the scores of the candidates and the selection of courses.
Uni-GAUGE Counselling Process
Steps 1 - Download Uni-GAUGE scorecard
Step 2 - Check the eligibility criteria of the participating university for the course interested in and apply separately for each institute.
Step 3 – The individual institute will verify Uni-GAUGE 2018 scorecard.
Step 4 - Based on the scores of Uni-GAUGE 2018. Universities will prepare the merit list of the candidates and conduct the admission process and prepare the merit list.
Step 5 – Candidates have to report to the respective institutes with original and photocopies of the documents for verification.
Documents to be produced for verification
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Pass certificate of class 10th and 12th
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Uni-GAUGE scorecard
- Uni-GAUGE admit card
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
- Print out of counselling call letter
- Other essential documents asked by the University
Uni-GAUGE Seat Allotment
Seat allotment will take place at the individual institutes where candidates are participating in counselling. Based on the merit list prepared by the respective institute, the candidates will be allotted seats. To confirm their admission, candidates have to deposit the academic fee.