CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2017
CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2017 - There are a total of 480 sanctioned seats on offer through CENTAC 2017. As per reservation criteria of CENTAC 2017 released by Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC), 85% (382) of these sanctioned seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the UT of Puducherry. The remaining 15% seats will be open to candidates belonging to other states/ Union Territories (46 seats) and NRI candidates (22 seats). In case of candidates from UT of Puducherry, there will be both vertical and horizontal reservation of seats.Vertical reservation include reservation of seats for OBC, EBC, SC, ST, MBS, BT, BCM, and general category candidates. Horizontal reservation, meanwhile, covers PH, FF, EX, and SP candidates, and will be implemented only if seats earmarked for the aforementioned categories lie vacant after normal admission process. Meanwhile, for other states/ Union Territories, 15% of the allotted 46 seats will be filled by SC candidates and 7.5% by ST candidates. To learn in detail about CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2017, like break-up of seats for each category, keep reading.
CENTAC 2017 Reservation Criteria: Important Points
There are a total of 480 sanctioned B. Tech seats
Reservation of CENTAC 2017 seats will be done as per the policy mandated by the Government of Puducherry.
382 (85%) of these seats will be allotted to candidates from the UT of Puducherry
The remaing 15% seats will be filled by candidates from other states / Union Territory (46) and to NRIs (22 seats ).
If seats in NRI or Other State Quota remains vacant, such seats will be filled by candidates from the UT of Puducherry.
CENTAC 2017 Vertical Reservation:
Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)
Schedule Caste (SC)
Backward Tribes (BT) – 1%
Most Backward Classes (MBC)
Scheduled Casts Candidates (SC): Candidates seeking under SC category need to produce the relevant caste certificate issued by an Officer, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar, of the Department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Puducherry.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) & Most Backward Classes (MBC) Candidates: The certificate must be issued by the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, and singed by a officer not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
Extreme Backward Classes (EBC) & Backward Classes Muslims (BCM) and Backward Tribes (BT) Candidates: Applicants under these categories must obtain the relevant certificate from the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, duly signed by an officer not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
Freedom Fighter Category (FF): Applicants seeking admission under this category need to be childern or grandchildren of Freedom Fighters. A certificate in this respect has to be produced issued by the Officer-in-charge, Freedom Fighters Cell, Government of Puducherry.
Wards of Ex-service Men: Applicants must enclose the relevant certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.
Physically Challenged Category (PH-Differently Abled): Candidates belonging to this category must submit full-size photograph exhibiting the deformity.
CENTAC 2017 Horizontal Reservation
The horizontal reservation of seats for the following categories will come into effect only if seats earmarked for these categories remain vacant under the regular admission process.
Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)
Physically Challenged (PH)
Wards of Ex-Servicemen (EX)
Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)
CENTAC Reservation Criteria 2017: Candidates of Other State/UTs and NRIs
46 seats out of the total sanctioned intake of 480 seats are reserved for candidates from other states/Union Territories. Seat allotment will be based on JEE Main 2017 scores. Out of these 46 seats, 15% seats will allotted to SC candidates, and 7.5% to ST candidates.
Also, 22 seats are reserved for NRI candidates.
In the event NRI or Other State Quota seats remain unfilled, such seats will be transferred to candidates from Puducherry.
For more information about CENTAC 2017, keep tuned to engineering.careers360.com
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App!
Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.