What is TNEA?
TNEA Application Details
- TNEA Application Form is available in online mode only. Candidates have to first opt for registration with personal and academic details.
- Candidates can now pay the application fee online via Net Banking/Debit Card/ Credit Card or through a demand draft drawn in favour of "The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University".
- Candidates have to send the filled-in TNEA Application either in person or by post along with photocopies of mark sheet(s), proof of age and copies of all other relevant certificates to the Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai, on or before the last date.
- SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu desirous of availing registration fee concession should submit a photocopy of the Permanent Community Certificate Card or electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate.
- All the demand drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Candidates shall enclose the following certificates along with the application:
- Filled-in Coding Sheet
- Special Reservation Form (s) and photocopy of relevant certificate (s) with DD - if applicable
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM candidates (either permanent card or electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate)
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate – if applicable
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate will be accepted) – if applicable
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee certificate – if applicable
- Enter your TNEA registration number as printed in the coding sheet correctly and legibly in all the enclosures.
- Encircle the code numbers wherever specified for the entries applicable.
- Tick the qualifying examination passed on the application cover.
- Enclose the relevant certificates wherever asked for along with the application. Submission of certificates at a later date shall not be accepted.
- Tick the Nativity, Qualifying Examination & Special Reservation and write the address on the application cover.
- The application along with all the enclosures tied up and coding sheet kept as loose sheet should reach The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 on or before the last date.
Candidates will be required to send print out of filled-in online application form before the last date either by post or in person to the following address:
The Secretary, TNEA,
Anna University, Chennai-600025
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
- Tamil Nadu candidates, who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII from Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose nativity certificate.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates, who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu, can also apply. They should enclose a copy of nativity certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate.
- Children of central government employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their native, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years at the time of submission of application, which should be supported by enclosing a certificate from the employer of the parent or guardian, to that effect.
- Sons and daughters of all India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply.
- Children of employees in public sector or government recognized institutions, who at the time of submission of application for admission employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years, may also apply irrespective of their domicile. A certificate from the employer has to be enclosed along with the application stating that the person is a permanent employee of the firm or institution concerned with evidence like income tax return, PF slips, etc. and is working in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years.
- Other state candidates, who have studied in VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not enclose nativity certificate.
- Applications without proper nativity certificate for category (2.) and without proper employer certificate for categories (3.) and (5.) will not be considered eligible.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates alone will be considered for communal reservation. Others will be considered under “Open Competition”.
Srilankan Tamil Refugee
Candidates, who are Srilankan Tamil refugee studied in Tamil Nadu, will be considered under open competition. They have to enclose the following:
- Identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar
- Those, who have not registered in the refugee camp, should submit a copy of passport, visa and letter registered with police station.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
A pass in the HSC (academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together as given below:
A pass with minimum average marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together
Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim
MBC & DNC
A pass in any one of the HSC (vocational subject) as given below with any one of the engineering related subjects - Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with a minimum average percentage put together as given below:
A pass with minimum average marks in related subjects, vocational theory and practicals put together
Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim
MBC & DNC
TNEA Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
TNEA Counselling Details
Counselling process of TNEA involves the following steps:
- Application Issue and collection
- Application Scrutiny
- Random Number and Rank Publication
- Counselling call letter dispatch
- Single window counselling
Important details pertaining to TNEA Counselling:
- Candidates will be called for TNEA Counselling in the order of their merit. Based on the merit and communal reservation, allotment of the branch/college chosen by them will be made. Candidates have to opt for colleges and branches that are available at the time of counselling.
- Candidates have to pay an initial deposit by cash or DD and produce all their original certificates when they attend counselling.
- If a candidate has deposited all certificates in an institution where he/she has already been admitted, a letter from the head of the institution should be produced to that effect. In such case only, attested photocopies of certificates from the head of the institution will be accepted for verification. However, the provisional allotment order will be withheld and it will be released only on production of all the original certificates.
- Eligible candidates, who have applied, may appear for TNEA Counselling according to their TNEA cutoff marks two hours before the counselling session along with their original certificates for verification, irrespective of the receipt of individual communication.
- The date, time and venue for counselling is intimated to the candidates, published in leading dailies and available online. No change of date/time of TNEA Counselling is permissible. Authorities are not responsible for any postal delay; or non-receipt of intimation for counselling. Candidates, who do not attend counselling, have to forego the claim for admission.
- Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent’s decision will be binding on the candidate.
- Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate is not able to attend TNEA Counselling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counselling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per original rank. If the ranking of a candidate is changed due to re-totaling/revaluation of mark, he/she can attend counselling as per the new marks and rank, even though the call letter specifies a different date (as per original mark).
- Once allotted a seat, the amount already paid at the time of Counselling of TNEA will be adjusted in the tuition fee. If a candidate does not join after allotment and seeks refund, only 80% of the initial deposit amount paid at the time of counselling will be refunded. In such cases original allotment order with acknowledgement for the receipt of payment should be surrendered. The refund will be processed only through TNEA refund processing system available online. All admissions made through single window system are provisional.
- Candidates appeared for HSC/equivalent examination must produce original mark sheet and TC at the time of TNEA Counselling. A separate board for each category will examine them with reference to their certificates, before counselling.
- If any vacancy arises, it will be reverted to general counselling in respective communities. Ranking and counselling will be separate for vocational candidates.
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 3106 Joined
- 276 Questions