CUSAT CAT 2015 is the Common Admission Test of the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) for admissions to the engineering courses at the graduate level in the affiliated institutes of the university. Candidates must apply online after meeting the eligibility criteria. Cochin University of Science and Technology will publish the formal notification in the first week of January, 2015. Know all the details of the CUSAT CAT 2015 including exam details, application procedure, result, counselling and more on this page.
Latest: CUSAT CAT 2016 application form is available from January 20, 2016.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
Click Here to Enroll for Expert guidance for UG 2015 Engineering Entrance Preparation, Counseling and college selection.
Exam Name: Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test
Commonly called as: CUSAT CAT
Exam type: University Level
Exam category: UG Exam
Conducting Institute: Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
About CUSAT CAT: Conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology, the CUSAT CAT is the common entrance examination for providing admissions to eligible candidates to various engineering courses in the University.
Programmes Offered: B.Tech in-
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Safety & Fire Engineering
Polymer Science & Engineering
Marine Engineering (Residential Programme)
Naval Architecture & Ship Building
CUSAT CAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board.
- They must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics.
- In addition, they must also obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
CUSAT CAT 2015 Paper Pattern:
The CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam will comprise of two papers as follows-
Paper 1: Mathematics with 125 questions
Paper 2: Physics and Chemistry with 125 questions in the ratio 3:2
CUSAT CAT 2015 Application process:
CUSAT 2015 Online Registration has been started from January 5, 2015 onwards.
Application Fee- Rs.1000/- for General Category (Rs.500/- for SC/ST Category and Rs.6000/- for candidates, who apply under NRI Quota)
Candidates opting for test centre at Dubai should remit an additional amount of Rs.10,000/-.
Cash payment at SBI or SBT bank using the chalan
- The candidates shall apply online for the entrance test.
- They are advised to take a print out of the online application form for future reference.
CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam Centres:
CUSAT CAT 2015 Important Dates:
CUSAT CAT 2015 online registration
January 5 to 24, 2015, extended till February 3
Remittance of fee at Bank (through chalan/net banking)
January 7 to 29, 2015, extended till February 7
Online registration by International students
January 5 to April 30, 2015
Fee payment via DD
February 28, 2015
CUSAT CAT 2015 Admit Card
April 21 to May 3, 2015
CUSAT CAT 2015 Exam
May 2, 2015 (9:30 am â 12:30 pm)
CUSAT CAT 2015 Result:
Result of CUSAT CAT 2015 has been declared by CUSAT on May 26, 2015.
CUSAT CAT 2015 Official Website:
CUSAT CAT 2015 Counselling Process:
June 12, 2015 onwards
- Candidates are required to apply online as per the given deadlines.
- They have to fill in their choices of courses and institutes.
- Seat Allotment of CUSAT CAT 2015 will be as per merit and the candidatesâ preference.
- Candidates allotted seats must pay the admission fees at SBI or SBT as per the given guidelines.
CUSAT CAT 2015 Seat Allotment:
Of the total seats for B.Tech (Self-Financing) programmes, 50% are State Merit seats, 40% are All India Merit seats and 10% are NRI payment seats.
CUSAT CAT 2015 Participating Institutes:
There are 23 participating institutes of CUSAT CAT 2015 that will accept CUSAT CAT 2015 scores of candidates for providing admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes.
Cochin University of Science and Technology,
Cochin University P.O
Kochi - 682 022, Kerala, India
Phone: +91 484 2577290 / 2577550
Email: [email protected]