What is TIET B.Tech Admission?
TIET B.Tech Admission Important Dates
25/Feb/2018 to 20/May/2018  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
1st Merit List
TIET B.Tech Admission Application Details
Mode of Application - Online
Application Fee - Rs. 1,500
Mode of Payment - Demand Draft/Online
How to pay Application Fee of Thapar University B.Tech Admission ?
- Candidates are required to send one print-out of Thapar University B.Tech Admission application form to the admission cell incharge.
- The hardcopy of the application form along with required documents shall reach the university within seven days after the last date of submission of online applications.
Through Demand Draft
- Candidates shall send one print-out by attaching the required amount of DD (in favour of Thapar University and payable at Patiala) to “Incharge Admission Cell” Thapar University, Patiala (Punjab)-147004. The Demand Draft must reach the University on or before the prescribed date, otherwise the candidature shall be cancelled.
- Keep the second copy of print-out safely to be produced at the time of document checking of original documents during counselling.
Documents required with Application Form of Thapar University B.Tech Admission
- Two printouts of application form
- Passport size colored photograph
- Copy of Reserved Category Certificate (if applicable)
TIET B.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Candidates should be born on or after October in the year of admissions to B.Tech Programmes in the university.
5years age relaxation is applicable to SC/ST/PH applicants.
Candidates must have passed class XII or equivalent recognized examination.
The applicants belonging to general category must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in class XII or equivalent recognized examination, while the SC/ST applicants must have secured a minimum aggregate marks of 55% in class XII or equivalent recognized examination.
They are required to have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science in class XII or equivalent recognized examination.
The general category candidates must have appeared the JEE Main sccoring a minimum 20% aggregate marks in the year of admissions in the university.
A minimum aggregate marks of 15% must be scored by SC/ST candidates in JEE Main of the year of admissions in the university.
TIET B.Tech Admission Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
TIET B.Tech Admission Counselling Details
Venue for counselling/document checking: University Auditorium
Documents required at the time of counselling
- Copy of the Application form
- Class XII/Diploma/Graduation/Post Graduation DMC
- Matriculation/Higher Secondary Certificate showing Date of Birth
- Result Card of Entrance Exam
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- Character Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate on the prescribed proforma and signed from the competent authority (if applicable)
- Affidavit required in case of discontinuity of studies
- Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Check list proforma
Candidates seeking Thapar University B.Tech Admission under sports category must have done 10+2 from Punjab and have gradation certificate (A or B or C) issued by the Director Sports Punjab. They shall bring 10+2 certificate, JEE Main score and Graduation certificate and fee.
J&K students and North East students shall bring 10+2 certificate, domicile of J & K/N-E states, JEE Main score and fee for the counselling.
The applicants admitted through online counselling are also required to be present during ‘In-Person’ counselling for branch upgradation.
- Any candidate failing to deposit the prescribed fees and original certificate immediately after selection, will not be given admission. The seat will be offered to the candidate next in order of merit.
- The vacant seats during the first or subsequent counsellings will be filled up during the second or subsequent counsellings till the final counselling only.
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Thapar JEE Counselling
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 7104 Joined
- 52 Questions