What is KEAM?
KEAM Important Dates
01/Feb/2018 to 28/Feb/2018  5:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Admit Card Date
10/Apr/2018 to 24/Apr/2018
KEAM 2017 Rank List
KEAM Application Details
The entire process of KEAM Application Procedure consists of following steps:
Registration: While registering, candidates must fill in the following details:
• Name of the Candidate (according to the SSLC Certificate)
• Date of birth (as in Class X Certificate or Date of Birth Certificate)
• Email id, which should be Valid till the admission time
• Mobile number: 10 digits. Avoid adding 0 or 91 or any other prefix
-Once registered successfully, a page confirming the registration for KEAM Registration will be displayed.
-Details of the candidates can be edited using the "EDIT" option or they can confirm to register for KEAM.
-A unique KEAM Application Number will be generated. Applicants are requested to keep it safe for future requirement along with their chosen password.
-Applicants are required to login. Only through login, they can proceed ahead to all the stages of KEAM Application Form.
-To log in, KEAM Application Number and password chosen during registration will be required. In the next step, Applicants will be directed to their page. At this page, they can do following:
• Fill-up Application
• View Application
• Payment of Application Fee (will be activated only after final submission)
• Change Password
• Print Application (will be available only after Payment of KEAM Application Fees)
• Download Proforma (s) Fill KEAM Online Application Form:
• After logging in, it is mandatory to fill in all the items in the KEAM Online Application Form. For example, contact details, educational qualifications, photograph, etc. as specified.
• Candidates are required to fill in the examination course and center details.
• They can login, view and modify the details provided.
Note: Applicants are advised to keep saving the Online Application Form at every step while filling it.
Final Submission of KEAM Online Application Form:
-It is important that candidates carefully check if all information given by them is correct. For any changes, editing can be done at this level before final submission.
-The next step is clicking 'final submission' wherein applicants submit the final KEAM Application Form.
Note: Final submission doesn't allow any editing or change in the KEAM Application Form further.
Application Fee Payment for KEAM:
KEAM Application Fees can be paid through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/Demand Draft/Security Card:
-General Category Candidates: Rs.1000
-SC/ST Candidates: Rs.500
-Candidates, who wish to apply for Dubai Centre, will have to pay additional Rs.12,000 for KEAM Application Fee.
Print KEAM Application Form:
-Candidates must keep print out of KEAM Online Application Form.
-It is required to prepare Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate in the prescribed format.
Note: It is advisable that applicants keep a copy of the printed Online KEAM Application Form for future Reference.
Submission of Printout of KEAM Application Form to CEE, Kerala
-Applicants are required to submit the printout of application form to CEE, Kerala along with the following documents.
-Candidates are required to send the print outs of Application Form of KEAM along with the documents by Registered Post/Speed Post/Hand Delivery, before the specified last date to Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001, Kerala
Note: Applicants, who will be paying via DD, can print the address slip to paste on the envelope to send to the above given address.
Documents to be submitted along with the printout of the KEAM Application Form:
-Original Nativity Certificate
-Copy of SSLC or equivalent certificate as a proof of date of birth (Self Attested)
-Original Course Certificate, duly filled in with signature and seal of the Head of the Institution where the applicant is pursuing his education OR -Attested copy of the final year mark list of the qualifying examination.
-Original Community and Income Certificate in the prescribed format from the concerned Village Officer.
-In case of SC/ST candidates, Original Community Certificate from the concerned Tehsildar.
-Original Inter-Caste marriage certificate from the concerned Village Officer, if applicable.
-For Persons with disabilities (PwD), a Self-attested Medical certificate from the District Medical Board is required.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria
• Applicants should be Indian citizens
• Candidates of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders will be considered as equally eligible as the Indian citizens for the purpose of admission only.
• Applicants with Kerala as their origin will be considered as a Keralite only for the purpose of eligibility for admission.
• Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) posted under Kerala cadre fall in this category. As a token of proof, these children are required to produce a certificate from the competent authority, showing the proof of their parents’ service in Kerala Cadre.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I):
• Applicants, who are not of Kerala origin but fulfills any of the below mentioned conditions, will be considered as 'Non-Keralite Category I'(NK I).
• A candidate who has been residing in Kerala for minimum 5 years within the period of 12 years of study and is a non-Keralite
• A non-Keralite applicant who has studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII
• Students having studied in XII in Kerala with non-Keralite parents and are Government of India/Defence Services employees, posted to Kerala
• Applicants who have studied 10+2 in the state of Kerala with non-Keralite parents serving/served Government of Kerala for atleast 2 years, including the period of study of the qualifying exam
Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II):
• If a candidate doesn't belong to ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-1’, then he/she will come in the category of 'Non-Keralite Category-II'.
• Candidates falling in this category are eligible for admission to Management quota seats in engineering courses in Government Controlled Self-financing Colleges.
For B.Tech (Ag. Engg.) and B.Tech (Food Engg.) and B.Tech (Dairy Science. & Technology):
• Applicants are required to have passed HSC Exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognized board.
• They are required to have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry together.
• Applicants having passed Higher Secondary Examination in the state of Kerala or Examinations considered equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics separately and 45% as an aggregate of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together, will be considered eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech. (D.Sc. & Tech):
• Candidates are required to have passed HSC exam of Kerala, or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Mathematics or Biology.
• They are required to have obtained a 50% aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together or Biology.
• They are required to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
KEAM Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
KEAM Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
Number of Sections: Three
|KEAM Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
KEAM Counselling Details
KEAM Counselling procedure includes the following steps – registration, trail allotment, seat allotment and remittance of fee
KEAM CAP Registration:
• Candidates must register themselves online.
• To log in for counselling, candidates have to enter following details: i. KEAM Roll Number ii. KEAM Application Form Number iii. Key Number and Password
• Option Facilitation Centres and Help Desks will be provided free of cost across the state by the Government for the candidates, who do not have access to internet.
• Candidates must be careful as these will remain operational for a specified time period. Other steps to follow after KEAM CAP Registration:
• Setting up a password during registration
• Register branch and college options
• Candidates must save all the registered options
• Printing the list of registered options
• Logging out from the Home Page.
Note: Candidates will be provided with the list of courses and the list of colleges on their home page, available according to their ranks.
• CEE conducted a trial allotment for KEAM before the closure of the time fixed for registering options.
• Candidates must take care that trial allotment has nothing to do with the admission and seat allotment in any institute. Trial Allotment of KEAM is conducted for giving an idea to the candidates about the counselling process and allotment to a course or college on the basis of ranks obtained by a candidate in KEAM.
KEAM Seat Allotment:
• CEE announces result of KEAM Seat Allotment for all phases and details about alloted/vacant seats. You can check collge-wise seats alloted to candidates along with their ranks and category of allotment.
• After the announcement of each allotment, admission fee has to be submitted.
Remittance of Fee:
Candidates must remit the fee prescribed for the course before the specified last date in the specified branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 1694 Joined
- 123 Questions