What is HPCET?
HPCET Important Dates
08/Mar/2018 to 28/Apr/2018  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
13/Mar/2018  12:00 AM
HPCET Application Details
Procedure to fill HPTU application form:
- Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) provides online application form to conduct HPCET. Candidates can submit HPCET application forms before or by the last date for application submission.
- Applicants have to primarily register themselves using a functional email ID, a working contact number and other personal particulars.
- The next step involves candidates to upload their photo and signature as per specifications.
- The candidates have to provide their personal and academic particulars.
- Once all the details are entered successfully, then the next step would involve candidate to pay HPCET application fee. This can either be paid by credit/debit card or through e-challan.
- The applicants have to take at least two printouts of confirmation page of the application form of HPCET.
- One copy of HPCET application form confirmation page must be signed by the parent or guardian and sent to The Registrar, Himachal Pradesh Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur (H.P.)
- The second copy of HPCET application confirmation page must be retained by the applicant for future references. The candidates must keep safe this copy of HPCET application confirmation page with them till the end of the admissions.
HPCET Application Fees:
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL is Rs 1400/-
- Application fee for Other categories is Rs 155/-
- Application fee for HPCET could be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan.
HPCET Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for HPCET, candidates must be Class XII or its equivalent examination pass out from a recognized board/university.
- Aspirants must have studied compulsory subjects such as Physics and Mathematics in class XII or its equivalent examination along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology subjects.
- The candidates in general category should secure minimum aggregate marks of 45%.
- Those in reserved category should secure minimum aggregate marks of 40%.
HPCET Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
HPCET Exam Pattern
HPCET Exam Centers
HPCET exam will be held at 16 centers across the country
HPCET Counselling Details
Procedure of HPCET Counselling:
- Candidates qualifying HPCET are eligible to appear in counselling session after completing registration process. The candidates have to pay registration fee online via debit card/credit card/net banking.
- During the counselling, seats in engineering college of the states will be allotted to participating candidates as per their preference. To confirm their seats, the candidates have to pay the HPCET admission fee.
- In case the admission fee is not paid by the candidates, allotted seats is transferred to the next candidate in ranking.
Documents required in HPCET Counselling:
- Candidate must produce the following documents, in original, along with one set of photocopies duly attested at the time of counselling.
- Certificate of class XII and class X.
- Class XII and X mark sheets issued by the board/university.
- Date of birth certificate or matriculation/higher secondary/Indian school certificates showing the date of birth.
- National level entrance examination/HPCET score card.
- Character certificate from the head of institution last attended.
- Bonafide/domicile certificate issued by the concerned Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Executive Magistrate.
- Reserved category certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- Physically challenged certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority, if applied under tuition fee waiver scheme.
- An affidavit attested by the Executive Magistrate if applied under Beti Hai Anmol Scheme.
- Kashmiri migrants and domicile certificate issued by competent authority, if applied under supernumerary Kashmiri migrant quota.
HPCET Counselling Centers
HPCET counselling will be held at 1 center across the country
QNA - EXAM QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the exam!
- 567 Joined
- 14 Questions