About DCECE 2020
DCECE 2020- Admission to diploma engineering courses at polytechnic institutes in the state of Bihar will be done through DCECE 2020 Polytechnic Engineering (PE) paper. The authorities conducted DCECE 2020 on November 26 and 27. Admit cards of DCECE 2020 for eligible candidates have been issued in online mode on November 12. BCECEB had restarted the DCECE 2020 registrations from September 20 to 28. Earlier, the authorities had concluded the DCECE 2020 application form process on July 2. Also, application form correction window was available from July 5 to 8. The application fee of Rs. 750 (open category) could be paid either online or offline. The paper was of 2 hours 15 minutes duration and will include 90 objective type questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics. To appear in the exam, the candidate need to passed matriculation exam with minimum 35% marks, and also meet other prescribed eligibility criteria. Meanwhile, the result of the entrance exam is declared in the form of rank cards. The authorities have started the DCECE 2020 counselling process on January 18.
Please note that apart from admission to three-year engineering diploma courses, DCECE 2020 is also held for admission to following programmes.
- Para-medical (PM) (intermediate level)
- Para-medical dental (PMD) (matric level)
- Part-time 4-year Polytechnic Engineering (PPE)
DCECE 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Short Exam Name||DCECE|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||750 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
DCECE 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
12 Feb, 2021
Counselling - Seat Allotment Results - Round 2 - Start Date | Mode: Online
01 Feb, 2021
Counselling - Seat Allotment Results - Round 1 - Start Date | Mode: Online
18 Jan, 2021 - 26 Jan, 2021
Counselling - Registration and choice filling | Mode: Online
22 Dec, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
27 Nov, 2020
Exam - PM and PMD | Mode: Offline
26 Nov, 2020
Exam - PE and PPE | Mode: Offline
12 Nov, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
01 Oct, 2020 - 03 Oct, 2020
Application Correction - Reopen | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020 - 30 Sep, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment through online mode | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020 - 29 Sep, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment through Challan | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020 - 28 Sep, 2020
Application - Restarted | Mode: Online
05 Jul, 2020 - 08 Jul, 2020
Application Correction | Mode: Online
18 Mar, 2020 - 04 Jul, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment online | Mode: Online
18 Mar, 2020 - 03 Jul, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment through Challan | Mode: Offline
18 Mar, 2020 - 02 Jul, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
DCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates desirous of admission to diploma engineering courses in polytechnics in Bihar have to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria of DCECE 2020, or they will not be considered for admission. These eligibility criteria relate to parameters like qualifying exam passed, minimum marks, and also age limit for appearing in the exam, as have been discussed below.
Eligibility criteria of DCECE 2020
Qualifying Exam– Candidates who have passed Class X exam conducted by Bihar board or any other equivalent exam are eligible to apply. In addition, candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in 2020 can also apply on provisional basis.
- Minimum marks – The candidates needs to have scored minimum 35% marks in Class X
- Age limit – Candidates of all ages can apply, as no age limit has been set.
- Domicile – Indian citizens who meet the following conditions may apply. The parent of the candidate:
- is a permanent resident of Bihar
- enjoys refugee status in the state
- is employed with Bihar government
- is employed with the central government in Bihar
- works with the UN and is currently posted in the state
- Medical fitness – All candidates must be medically fit.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
BCECEB had reopened the application form of DCECE 2020 in online mode on September 20. Earlier, the application process was open from March 18 to July 2. Before proceeding to fill the form, it was recommended that candidates go through the guidelines and also the eligibility criteria carefully, so as to avoid mistakes during filling the application form. Also, keeping the scanned images of relevant documents and other important documents nearby would make the process much easier. To help the cause of the candidate, the application process is explained in brief below.
How to fill DCECE 2020 application form
- Registration – To start the registration process, the candidate had to first select the course group (PE in this case) and then enter valid email id and mobile number. Other details the candidate were prompted to enter include name, DOB, Aadhaar number, etc. If the registration was successful, the activation code was generated and sent to the registered email if and the mobile number of the candidate.
- Filling of personal information - The candidate had to next fill the application form, which have sections like personal and communication details. In Personal details section, name, gender, DOB, the name of parents, etc. had to be entered. Academic section, meanwhile, fields like qualifying exam, marks, the name of the passing institute, etc.
- Uploading of documents - In this stage, scanned images of photograph and signature were to be uploaded as per the specifications described in the table below:
Size ( maximum)
3.5 x 4.5 cm
4.5 x 3.5 cm
- Filling of education information - After paying the fee, enter details related to exam passed, subjects studied in the qualifying exam, the name of the school (college), board, passing status, year of passing, pass percentage, and percentage.
- Preview application form– At this stage, the candidate were able to preview the complete application form. Corrections were also allowed at this stage. If the candidate is happy with details entered, he/she may submit the form.
- Application fee payment– The application fee is Rs. 750 for open, and Rs. 480 for reserved(SC, ST and PwD) candidates. Both online (net banking, credit and debit cards ) and offline payment modes is available. To pay offline, e-challan have to be generate at the time of filling the application form. The challan can be used for making the payment at any nearby bank.
Application Fee (Rs.)
- Take a printout of the form – Finally, download and take a printout of the application form.
|OBC, General||Offline, Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 750|
|SC, ST||Offline, Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 480|
|OBC, SC, ST, General||PWD||Offline, Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 480|
DCECE 2020 Syllabus
DCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DCECE 2020 contain key insights into the structure of the exam like the number and types of questions asked, exam duration, subjects covered, and much more. These insights will help the candidate prepare in accordance with the demands of the exam and no get mislead. Check the key components related to the exam pattern from below.
Exam pattern of DCECE 2020
- The mode of the exam will offline (pen-and-paper) based.
- There will be one paper of 2 hours 15 minute duration
- Question type will be Multiple Choice
- Questions will be asked from physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Marking scheme - for each correct answer 5 marks will be awarded.
- Questions will be set in English and Hindi languages
Subject-wise distribution of questions
Number of questions
The admit card of DCECE 2020 has been released on November 12 in online mode only. DCECE admit card will not be sent to the candidate either by post or any other means. To download the DCECE admit card 2020, one has to log-in to the admit card download portal. An important document required for sitting in the exam and for completing subsequent admission formalities, the admit card will contain details like name and address of the exam centre, date and time of the exam, and also roll number of the candidate. As DCECE 2020 has been postponed, admit card release date will be notified later.
How to download the DCECE 2020 admit card
- Click on the download link
- Log-in to the download portal by entering registration number and date of birth
- The admit card will appear on the screen on successful log-in
Check that the details mentioned on the admit card is the same as the ones entered at the time of filling the application form. If everything is OK, download and take a printout.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The results of DCECE 2020 is released in the form of rank cards. The result is prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam; no weightage will be given to qualifying exam marks. The candidate can check and download rank cards, online. It includes important details like the roll number, marks obtained by the candidate in the exam, and qualifying status. In case of candidates who have qualified in the exam, the result would also include details related to time and date of interview (counselling).
How to check DCECE 2020 result?
- Click on rank card link
- Log-in by entering roll number and date of birth
- Upon successful log-in, rank card will be appear on screen.
- Download and take a printout of the rank card.
DCECE Merit list 2020
Apart from rank cards, authorities will also make available merit lists of DCECE 2020 in downloadable PDF format. Candidates can download merit lists simply by clicking on the relevant exam; no log-in details are required. An important feature of the merit list is it will be used to short-list candidates for counselling and seat allotment.
Process to download the merit list of DCECE 2020
- Click on the DCECE 2020 merit list
- The merit list will be appear on screen
- Download and take a printout of the result
DCECE 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Online
Online counselling of DCECE 2020 is being conducted for only those candidates who qualify the entrance exam. Candidatescan check their qualification status on the rank card, which is available at the website. Since the counselling process is online, the candidate have to get registered and participate in choice filling and locking. Candidates who don’t fill choices will not be considered for seat allotment. The counselling process of DCECE has started on January 18. The DCECE 2020 counselling process is explained in brief below:
DCECE 2020 Counselling Procedure
- Online registration – Qualified candidates have to get registered by selecting the course, and then by entering registration number, name, date of birth, and security code, etc. Please note some details the candidate entered at the time of filling the application form will appear in read-only mode, and the candidate will also have to enter a few additional details.
- Choice filling and locking – After successful registration, the candidate has to next enter choices from the available options in the order of preference. The choices entered also has to be locked, or last entered choices would automatically get locked once choice filling deadline expires.
- Seat Allotment – The second seat allotment was done online and based on merit; additionally, the category of and choices entered by the candidate is taken into account. Allotted candidates will have to report at Reporting Centres (RCs) in person on the scheduled date and time to accept the allotted seat.
- Payment of admission fee – Finally, the candidate has to pay the admission fee of Rs. 1000, to confirm the seat.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of downloaded part-a & part-b of application form
- Admit card in original
- Rank card
- Copy of allotment letter (3 copies)
- Passport-sized photograph ( 6 copies)
- 10th board certificate / matric / equivalent certificate and admit card as proof of age and identity.
- Aadhar card for ID proof.
- School leaving certificate
- Residential proof by natives of Bihar
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Refugee certificate (if applicable)
- Other eligibility certificate (wherever applicable)
- Any other relevant certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the mode of examination?
DCECE 2020 is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
Question: How to download the admit card of DCECE 2020?
To download DCECE 2020 admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and log in to the portal using registration number and password.
Question: What is the medium of language of the entrance examinations?
DCECE 2020 will be conducted in English and Hindi languages.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for DCECE 2020?
To be eligible for DCECE 2020, candidates should not be less than 18 years of age on 1st July 2020.
Question: When will the DCECE admit card 2020 be released?
DCECE admit card has been released on November 12.
Questions related to DCECE
my rank in sc catogary 489 in dcece 2020 can I get civil branch in G. P muzaffarpur
see cutoff score changes every year and it depends on some of the factors like number of candidates , questions difficulty level, seat matrix, students category, choice of stream etc. however we still not having the all colleges data, however based on previous years closing ranks analysis you have decent chances in civil engineering branch of GP ARARIA, GP BHOJPUR, GP MADHEPURA.
HOPE IT WOULD HELP. FOLLOW CAREERS360 WEBSITE FOR LATEST UPDATES OF EXAM.
I am a general cast and I have got 14400 rank in dcece paramedical 2020 can i get a government college and also I have not mentioned ews in the form detail so can i use ews in time of counseling
In your rank 14440 in DCECE, paramedical 2020 you can get government seat for paramedical courses in the last round of counselling.Not even you are included in third round of counselling there is a mop up round counselling is also done in which low marks candidate can get chances for admission in paramedical courses in government and private colleges for paramedical courses. Selection will be on the merit base result is to be count and marks or rank is is obtained by the candidate also be in count and it will be done under that parameter.
At the time of document verification you can add your e w S certificate not attached to your Form fillup.
my bc rank through dcece PE group is 206 can i get admission in any of the polytechnic college in patna.?
The BCECE sets certain qualifying marks for the DCECE PE exam which every student needs to score to qualify for admission. The DCECE PE (Polytechnic) Qualifying Marks 2020 for different categories of candidates is mentioned below:
PH(reserved category)- 190.
RANK 110 IS THIS PASS OR FAIL? WILL YOU SUGGEST ME?
Please mention the exam name in which you have got the rank 110. Without knowing its name, we are unable to help you. So, please post a new question, and mention the exam name in it.
Only then we can help you better.
Hope you understand it.
Which college can i get if my rank in Dcece 2020 is 559 . category Ews
cutoff score varies every year and depends on various factors like number of applicants, questions difficulty level, seat matrix, students category etc. prediction of colleges is based on previous years cutoff analysis and is liable to change every year. based on past years record analysis you have chances in below mentioned colleges :
B.K.N.S.G.P. GOPALGANJ -CIVIL ENGG, electronics enginnering
B.K.P. INST SITAMARHI ELECTRICAL ENGG, MECHANICAL ENGG
BUDHA POLY INSTITUTE, GAYA CIVIL ENGG, ELECTRICAL ENGG
E. C. P. Vaishali CIVIL ENGG, ELECTRICAL ENGG.
G.M.C.P. HARNAUT, NALANDA ELECTRICAL ENGG, ELECTRONICS ENGG.
hope it would help.