What is UCEED?
UCEED Important Dates
B.Des Programmes Application Form
10/Jun/2017 to 25/Jun/2017
08/Jun/2018 to 23/Jun/2018
09/Oct/2017 to 10/Nov/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Late Fee Application Date
11/Nov/2017 to 17/Nov/2017
Admit Card Date
25/Dec/2017 to 05/Jan/2018
20/Jan/2018  10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
UCEED Application Details
Steps to fill in UCEED Application Form:
Step -1 – Online Registration - UCEED Application Form
- Candidates have to register themselves to begin the application process of UCEED.
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully given in admission brochure on how to fill application form so that they can know procedures and documents required at the time of applying.
- At the time of UCEED online registration the candidates have to enter their personal information like their name, mobile number, date of birth, mobile number, email id, etc.
- The candidates are advised not to delete the email sent to them as that will be used for future reference.
- Once the online registration process is completed a registration number and password is generated to fill UCEED application form. The application number and password will also be forwarded at the registered email id and mobile number. The candidates are advised to note the application number and password as it will be required for all future correspondence.
Step - 2- Completing online UCEED Application Form
- Candidates eligible for UCEED have to fill their personal details like their name, parents name, corresponding address, category, etc. in the online application form on the web page.
- The candidates have to enter all the relevant information as asked in application form of UCEED. The candidates mandatorily have to choose 3 exam cities preferences.
- At this stage, the candidates have to upload their signature and photos as per the given specification apart from other supporting documents.
- The candidates must ensure whether the information filled by them is correct, by using the Preview option, before they click on Pay fee & Submit, as no option of further edit or change is available.
- By clicking on the Pay fee & Submit button, the Application procedure will be completed.
Step - 3- Filling up Education Information
- At this stage of UCEED application procedure candidates have to fill their education qualification in the given fields.
- The candidates have to enter information like marks obtained in class XII and class X, subjects studied, etc.
- Applicants are advised to fill all the information as per the given guidelines.
Step - 4- Payment of UCEED Application fee
- Candidates can submit application fee of UCEED by using online payment gateway.
- The online payment of UCEED application fee can be done through net banking/credit card/debit card.
- On successful payment completion, the candidates will get a confirmation page. Applicants may save a copy of this.
- The application fee doesn’t include service/processing or any other charges, which the bank may charge.
Cost of UCEED Application Form:
UCEED Application Fee
Note: As per latest order of Supreme Court of India, third gender includes only trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras. Lesbians, gays and bisexuals need to select either Male or Female option as appropriate.
UCEED Eligibility Criteria
Based on Attempts:
1. The candidates can appear in UCEED exam for a maximum two consecutive years.
2. The candidates will also be required to appear or clear the qualifying examination (Class 12th or equivalent). Candidates who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination will not be eligible to again take the UCEED
Based on Qualifying Examinations:
1. The final examination of Class XII should be conducted by a central or state board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
2. Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination conducted by a board or university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
3. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
5. Any public school, board or university examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to class XII system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
6. H.S.C. vocational examination.
7. A diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education or a state board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
8. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
9. High school certificate examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
10. Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
11. In case the class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (board or pre-university) examination earlier.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des programme:
1. For admission to B. Des, the candidate is required to have passed in the qualifying examination.
2. If a qualifying board awards only letter grades without providing information on the passing grade on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the passing grade and submit it at the time of online acceptance of the allocated seat.
3. The criteria, as specified above, is applicable “in toto” to all the candidates including foreign nationals.
Reservation Criteria for UCEED:
Candidates with Indian nationality belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
1. 27% of seats in the course will be reserved for other backward classes belonging to the non-creamy layer (OBC-NCL), while candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC will not be entitled for reservation. Such candidates will be considered general category (i.e., unreserved).
2. 15% seats in the course will be reserved for scheduled caste (SC) candidates.
3. Candidates belonging to scheduled tribe (ST) will have a reservation of 7.5% of seats in the course.
4. 3% seats will be reserved for persons with disability (PwD) candidates from the parent category in the course. (leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit to pursue the course are also included in PwD category).
5. The seats remaining vacant in the OBC-NCL category can be allotted to General category candidates, while SC and ST categories’ vacant seats can’t be allotted to candidates belonging to other categories.
6. Foreign nationals will not be considered in the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories
For B.Des + M.Des Dual programme:
Candidates pursuing 5 year B.Des + M.Des dual degree programme will study M.Des programme after completing 3 years of B.Des programme.
UCEED Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
UCEED Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective and Subjective
UCEED Exam Centers
UCEED exam will be held at 14 centers across the country
UCEED Counselling Details
- The candidates qualifying UCEED can apply for admission to the B. Des. and dual degree of B.Des.+M.Des. programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IITDM Jabalpur campuses.
- If the selected candidates do not pay the fees before the deadline or decline the admission, their application will stand cancelled.
- These vacant seats after the counselling process of UCEED will be filled during the second round of admissions in the second week of July.
- If vacant seats still exist, a selected number of applicants (depending on the vacancies available and category wise reservation), who are on the top of the remaining rank list, will be called for spot admission prior to the UG orientation at 3 campuses.
- The exact date will be intimated to the applicants). Candidates need to be present in person in UCEED counselling with the necessary documents and fees for such spot admissions.
- Spot admission will also be based on the rank and category-wise vacancy hence is not guaranteed for all those who are present during the spot admission.
UCEED Counselling Centers
UCEED counselling will be held at 1 center across the country
More Insights About UCEED Exam
Top Following States
Disclaimer : Based on followers data
Academic Performance of Exam Followers
Disclaimer : Based on followers data