Study UK: Commonwealth Scholarships 2013
- Six months of clinical training in either of Cancer Research, Cardiology, Gynecology, Medicine, Dentistry, Orthopedics, Neurology, ENT
- One-year Master’s/equivalent degree OR
- Three-year doctoral degree in either of Engineering and Technology, Science (Pure and Applied), Agriculture, Humanities and Social Sciences
The fellowship covers:
Student concessionary or other approved airfare to UK and return on expiry of the scholarship
Approved tuition and examination fees.
Personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £917 per month (£1,134 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
Grant towards the expenses of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable; initial arrival allowance, incorporating in initial clothing grant for scholars from tropical countries; grant for expenses for approved travel within the UK or overseas; grant towards fieldwork costs for those Scholars undertaking doctoral studies for whom a case has been made for fieldwork outside UK.
A paid mid-term fare to their home country for Scholars on three years doctoral awards.
For married Scholars selected by the Commission for awards exceeding 18 months, a marriage allowance of £ 220 per month payable provided that the husband and wife are residing together at the same address in UK.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 nominations containing maximum 25 for doctoral studies are sent by the ministry to Commonwealth Scholarship Commission for final selection.
- Six months for clinical training
- One year for Master’s course
- Three years for PhD course
- The candidate should not be more than 40 years of age as on 12 October 2012
- He should have completed tertiary education in English medium. Those whose native language is not English will be required to provide evidence of sufficient competency in the language.
- He should hold a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree from a recognised university with at least 60% marks in case of Humanities and Social Science while 65% in Medical, Engineering and Technology, Science and Agriculture.
- For PG scholarship in Business and/or Management, the candidate must have taken Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- For scholarship in Economics and related subjects, he should have passed Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- For clinical training, the candidate must have qualified MBBS/BDS between 1 October 2002 and 30 September 2007
- Applicants in Medicine and Dentistry should be eligible for registration with the General Medical Council or the General Dental Council
Note: Candidates who have already completed PhD or are about to complete will not be considered.
Selection criteria: Applicant has to appear for IELTS test between October 1, 2012 and before March 6, 2013.
How to apply:
Click here to download the application form and details of the scholarships
Note: online & offline applications - A hard copy of the filled in application form has to be sent along with the relevant documents to the address mentioned below.
Downloading application form: 7 October, 2012
For receiving completed application in the Ministry by post/hand: 12 October, 2012
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
External Scholarship Division
ES.4 Section, West Block-1, Wing-6,
2nd Floor, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110066
Phone: (011) 26172491,26172492