Ph.D with Scholarships @ IITB-Monash Academy
Institute: IITB-Monash Research Academy ( a partnership between IIT Bombay and Monash University, Melbouren, Australia
Programme: Ph.D in various disciplines (Intake for December 2012)
- First class or equivalent Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology; or
- First class Master’s degree in Science; or
- First class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Science and a valid GATE score
Note: Candidates without a valid GATE score or research fellowship can be considered for admission if they have a minimum of two years professional experience. Competition for places is high and a competitive selection process is applied to all applicants.
Details of the programme:
- Students enrolled in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will be based at the Research Academy co-located at IIT Bombay in Mumbai, India.
- The PhD program takes an average of 3.5 years of full-time study to complete (or part-time equivalent). Students will spend a minimum of 3 months but normally 6–12 months* of their PhD candidature at Monash University in Australia with their allocated co-supervisor. Students will receive a generous grant to facilitate this experience.
- Students will be connected with the IIT Bombay student population and will be eligible for the on-campus student accommodation.In addition to being supervised on their PhD research, students will also be provided with professional development opportunities including research methodology and research leadership training. Students will also have the opportunity to attend major national and international conferences.
Scholarships: Students in the joint IITB-Monash PhD program will benefit from the following funding arrangements:
- Rs 280,000 per annum scholarship
- A grant of up to A$11,000 for the time the candidate is be required to be in Australia
- A minimum of 6 months in Australia working with the Monash University co-supervisor (some projects may require the candidate to be in Australia for a longer period of time or undertake more than one trip)
- Waiver of international student tuition fees at Monash University
Note: The above represent a typical scholarship. The actual scholarships that will be provided to a specific student will depend on their qualifications, grades and performance.
How to apply:
Click here for the Expression of Interest form
Evaluation on basis of this form in terms of background, academic record and research interests is done.
If the application is found suitable on evaluation, candidates will recieve an email to the effect and have to :
Download the Form A
After filling all details in, click here to upload the form
Application deadline: October 5, 2012
Last date for uploading Form A: October 17, 2012
IITB-Monash Research Academy
Old CSE Building, 2nd Floor
Email: [email protected]