M.Tech 2013 at IIT, Gandhinagar
Institute: IIT, Gandhinagar
Programme: M.Tech in
- Chemical Engineering (Research Areas: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control)
- Civil Engineering (Research Areas: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (Research Areas: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering)
- Materials Science and Engineering (Research Areas: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials)
- Mechanical Engineering (Research Areas: Thermo-fluids Engineering, Dynamics and Control)
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2013 Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed B.E. /B.Tech. or equivalent in appropriate branches with a minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 on a 10 point scale (50% marks/5.0 CPI for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score
B.Tech. graduates from the IITs:
- Must have passed with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above donot require a GATE 2013
- Sponsered candidates do not require GATE score and are eligible with following criteria:
- Must have been in service for more than 2 years
- Employer grants 2 years of study leave
- Employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
Note: SC/ST candidates would be eligible for relaxations, as per norms
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2013 Financial Support: Rs. 8000 pm.
Note: D.IIT/Part time M.Tech. students will not receive any stipend.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2013 Travel Scholarships: M.Tech. students presenting their research work at national and international conferences will be awarded travel scholarships of upto Rs. 60000.
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2013 Application Procedure: Click here to apply online
- Separate applications have to be submitted for each discipline, using the same login ID.
- Hardcopy of the application form with photograph and requisite documents in original (testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview.
- There is NO application fee.
- Candidates NEED NOT send the hard-copyof the application form
IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech 2013 Important Dates:
- Last date for submitting applications: April 5, 2013
- Short-listed candidates for interview on website: April 17, 2013
- Test/interview: May 4 to 6, 2013
- Selected candidates list on website: May 17, 2013
- Last date for payment of fees: June 6 to 7, 2013
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Vishwakarma Government Engineering College Complex,
Chandkheda, Visat-Gandhinagar Highway, Ahmedabad,
Gujarat, India - 382424
Phone: +91 93284 74222, +91 79 32419484
IIT Gandhinagar Updates and Articles
Why IIT Gandhinagar is a Good Choice for Students – In this In...
Questions related to IIT Gandhinagar
what is the minimum marks required in JEE ADV. to get admission in CS in IIT Gandhinagar?
As the last year cut-off rank of jee advance in IIT gandhinagar in CS branch was
For OBC category 616
For EWS category 103
For General category 1548
For SC category 473
For ST category 226
So you have to get good rank to get iit gandhinagar.
Best of luck
Hope it's helpful, thankyou.
iit patna aur iit gandhinagar me civil branch kiski sahi h
one should make such decisions based on:
- Internship and project opportunities
IIT Patna's civil branch in that regard is really great. they have many government as well as private job opportunities. (the civil department of IIT Patna holds many environment related projects for the Bihar Government), they have a great research atmosphere amongst the students and non-branch related placements are also great.
As for IIT Gandhinagar - Civil students mostly go for non civil fields of employment, they opt and sit for interviews of managerial positions and as far as internship opportunities are concerned they are decent.
IIT Patna would be a better option for B.tech in civil engineering, but you may choose any other.
Sir metallurgical and material engineering from Iit patna or material science and engineering from Iit gandhinagar , which is Good?
IIT Patna is a good college as compared to the IIT Gandhinagar. You will find a good culture in the IIT patna for engineering. This does not meant that the culture is bad in IIT GandhiNagar, but IIT patna has a good culture.
Moreover, the placements at IIT patna are also good and soaring every year, so for the next 4 years this is a good option.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
Sir / Madam : Plz Give Order of priority for EEE/EE of IIT Dhanbad , IIT Idore , IIT Gandhinagar , IIT Bhuvaneswar , NIT Thriccy , NIT Surathkal , NIT warangal
Si, seeing the options that you ha e mentioned, the IIT best for EEE are ,
1. IIT Indore
2. IIT Gandhinagar
3. IIT Dhanbad
4. IIT Bhubaneswar
And for the NIT,
1. NIT Trichy
2. NIT Warangal
3. NIT Surathkal
These priorities are based on review, NIRF rankings and seeing the information on their official website.
Hope that helps.
which is better IIT dhanbad CS or IIT gandhinagar electrical engineering
Firstly you should choose stream based on your interests and not on placements and rankings but if you want to compare then definately you should go for iit dhanbad cs as it has excellent faculty and infrastructure and also provides different opportunities in research work.
Hope it helps....
You can also click on the college predictor link mentioned below to find a suitable college https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-advanced-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answer