KCET 2018 to be conducted on April 18 and 19
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has announced the examination dates of KCET 2018. The offline entrance examination for B.Tech admissions into the state engineering institutes will be held on April 18 and 19, 2018. KCET 2018 will be conducted in different timings for the four subjects – Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. For B.Tech admissions through KCET, the candidates will have to attempt only Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whereas for B.Tech (Food Technology, Dairy Technology and Agricultural Engineering), the candidates will also have to attempt Biology examination. KEA will conduct KCET 2018 in offline mode where the candidates will have to answer the questions in either English or Kannada language.
Important Dates of KCET 2018 Examination
April 18, 2018
10:30 AM to 11:50 AM
2:30 PM to 3:50 PM
April 19, 2018
10:30 AM to 11:50 AM
2:30 PM to 3:50 PM
KCET 2018 is a state level entrance examination which provides admissions into atleast 220 government colleges, private unaided and private aided Universities of Karnataka. The candidates will have to answer 60 questions each from every section. Since the questions will be multiple choice in nature, the candidates will have to select the right answer using either a black or blue ball point pen. KCET 2018 examination will not have any negative marking.
The syllabus of KCET 2018 will consists of the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions of the examination will be mostly from the First and Second PUC syllabi that have been recommended by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
The online application form of KCET 2018 will be available for all interested applicants tentatively from the third week of December 2017. All of the required personal, academic and communication information has to be filled in the application form and submitted tentatively till the second week of March 2018. Only the registered candidates will be allowed to attempt the KCET 2018 examination.
For admissions into the Architecture course, the candidates will have to qualify JEE Main 2018 Paper II or NATA 2018 conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA). KEA will be announcing more important dates related to KCET 2018 soon.
KCET Exam Dates 2021 - Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) ...
KCET 2021 Admit Card- KEA will release the admit card of KCET ...
KCET Result 2021- KEA will release the KCET 2021 result at kar...
Questions related to KCET
Hi,i am going to attend the open round councelling for b.sc.agri under kcet.i have submitted the documents to gkvk college Bangalore.but,doubt is, whether i have to directly attend councelling or before the date the authority people send any message or something regarding the process?pls clarify🙏🙏
In most of the counselling processes candidates do not recieve any notification or mail regarding the counselling. So, must keep yourself updated about the councelling schedule and must not wait for any mail or message. Visit official website of KCET counselling (KEA) to check the latest news.
i have submitted the documents for open round councelling of b.sc.agriculture under kcet but forgot to submit birth certificate.can i submit it during actual councelling on 1st Feb or might it cause any problem?pls guide me.
Don't worry about the matter.You can show and submit your date of birth certificate during the official counseling.Although keep checking your email as they might ask you to provide beforehand.If they will ask then you can submit and if not then you can provide at the date of counseling.Either ways there wont be any big issue with that.
I am studying Bangalore since 2nd standard ( 2009 ). Do I need domicile certificate to appear for KCET? If yes, from where I need to collect? School has issued study certificate. does it suffice the need to fill up registration form for KCET?
Here's basic eligibility criteria for appearing in KCET :
- Candidates must have passed their class 12/PUC examination. Candidates who have appeared in their class 12/PUC examination in 2021 and waiting for their result can also apply for KCET 2021.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination/class 12/PUC from Karnataka State Open University are NOT eligible to apply for KCET 2021
- Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in their class 12 along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer Science as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study
- Candidates must have obtained an aggregate minimum of 45% marks in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination (40% in case of SC, ST, Category-I and OBC (2A, 2B, 3A and 3B) category candidates)
Now, given above is a basic eligibility criteria but there is a different eligibility criteria for securing a seat in government seats.
- Candidate should have studied in one or more Government or Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN academic years commencing from 1st standard to 2nd PUC / 12th standard as on 1st July 2021 and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination from Karnataka State.
- Candidates should have studied and passed either 1st and 2nd year Pre-University Examination or 11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government and that either of the parents should have studied in Karnataka for a minimum period of SEVEN years.
- Candidate who is son or daughter of defence personnel who has worked continuously in Karnataka for a minimum period of one year in Karnataka during the Two year period of study of candidates in PUC / 11th and 12th Standard course.
- Wards of serving or retired employee in Central Armed Police Force Service, whose parents at the time of joining the CAPF Service (Central Armed Police Force) had mentioned that his/her home town was in Karnataka, has to submit proof of his/her domicile from the Record Office of the CAPF Unit where the Parents service record is maintained. In this category, the candidates must have cleared the qualifying examination from a recognised University or Board or any other institution located anywhere in India.
I hope this helps.
Do I need to clear KCET to get admission to B pharmacy in KLE college of pharmacy,Hubli??
No, you don't need to qualify KCET for getting admission in KLE college of pharmacy,Hubli.
This is because,
KLE college of pharmacy,Hubli conduct its own entrance examination for providing admission in B Pharma called KLEU AIET.
You can get detailed information about it by visiting our page the link for the same is provided below
If I tell you about eligibility criteria for B Pharma in KLE college of pharmacy,Hubli then general criteria is that to be eligible you should be either appearing for your 12th board examination or you should have already passed it with at least a minimum of 45% with Chemistry, physics as compulsory subjects along with any one of the following subjects listed below
-) Computer Sciences
-) Technical vocational subject.
For those belonging to reserved category a minimum of 40% is required in 12th/ qualifying examination is required.
You can get complete eligibility criteria by visiting our page the link for the image provided below
If you have any other doubt then you can always reach us to clear them :) we are always available to help you out and guide you
did the neet registration date ara announced?? also for Kcet??
No the registration dates of neet 2021 have not been released yet. However it is expected that the registration process would start in past week of January. Students are advised to keep an eye on the official website. Same is the case with kcet 2021 registration dates and it is also expected to start in last week of January.
For more info you can visit the following links: