Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
Examination: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2013
The JEST Coordinator : Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital (ARIES)
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai (HBNI)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad (HRI)
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam (IGCAR)
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Bangalore (IIA)
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER MOHALI)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER PUNE)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram (IISER THIRUVANANTHAPURAM)
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (IMSc)
- Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar (IOP)
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar (IPR)
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune (IUCAA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore (JNCASR)
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR, Pune (NCRA-TIFR)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar (NISER)
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad (PRL)
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore (RRCAT)
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore (RRI)
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata (SINP)
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (SNBNCBS)
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore (UGC-DAE CSR)
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata (VECC)
Click here for the detailed listing
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
- Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
Theoretical Computer Science:
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc for further details.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech - Ph.D Programme
- At HRI, IISER-Pune, SNBNCBS, and NCRA-TIFR candidates with a Bachelor's degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
- At IMSc, graduates with Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer science/information technology/Engineering will also be considered for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. programme. All candidates successful in the course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
- At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post-B.Sc.-Ph.D. programme in subject areas mentioned above.
- At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
Integrated M.Tech - Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- Graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. programme in Physics.
Important: Applicants are advised to check the individual websites of the participating institutes for the correct eligibility criteria.
How to apply:
Click here to apply online
Applicants have to register using a valid Email id that will be linked to the application.
An application fee of Rs 100 (Rs 50 for SC/ST applicants) has to be paid via the bankchallan
Important:A unique admission no is generated for online applications. It is imperative that this no be used in future while corresponding with the institutes.
Send a hard copy of the application form along with bank challan to Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics
Click here for the Exam centres
Tentative date of examination: February 17, 2013.
Online applications will be available during: November 10 - December 10, 2012.
Results will be announced in: March 2013.
Interviews will start from: the last week of April 2013.
The JEST Coordinator,
Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics,