CBSE has released the application form of JEE Main 2018 in online mode. All of the students are required to fill and submit the JEE Main application form 2018 to be registered for the exam. The final date for submission is January 1, 2018. It is important to know that the JEE Main 2018 application form is available only online and no other mode of application will be accepted by the authorities. After registration, the JEE Main applicants will be able to pay the required application fees till January 2, 2018.
While filling the application form of JEE Main 2018, the applicants are requested to ensure that the information submitted is valid and according to the documents possessed by them. Invalid or incorrect application form will be rejected by the authorities. Aadhaar card number has also been made a mandatory detail which has to be submitted. Without the Aadhaar card number, the applicants will not be able to register themselves for JEE Main 2018 examination.
What’s New in JEE Main 2018?
- The scanned copy of the candidate’s father/mother/guardian’s signature has to be uploaded in the JEE Main 2018 application form.
- The number of exam centres has been raised from 113 to 258 centres.
Steps to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form
The given steps can be followed to successfully fill the online JEE Main application form 2018:
To fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form – Click Here
Step 1 – Registration: Firstly, the applicants will have to register themselves by submitting their Nationality, State of Eligibility, Aadhaar Card number, Name, Date of Birth and Gender.
Step 2 – Filling of Application Form: In the next step, the applicants will have to fill detailed information regarding the exam, their personal and academic information along with their contact and guardian details. A password for further login has to be created.
Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Images: The photograph and signature of the applicant along with his/her father/mother/guardian’s signature has to be uploaded in the application form. The official specifications has to be followed.
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fees: The required application fees have to be paid through e-challan, credit card or debit card. The applicants will be able to know the amount of fee to be paid using the official JEE Main fee calculator.
Step 5 – Print out of Acknowledgement Slip: Finally, after the submission of the JEE Main 2018 application form, the applicants will have to download and print out the acknowledgement page.
Things to Remember while filling JEE Main Application Form 2018
- All of the required documents has to be kept scanned and ready before starting the registration process.
- The eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018 has to be checked before filling the application form. The application of ineligible applicants will be rejected.
- The generated application number has to be kept safe since it will be required for login purposes.
- The Aadhaar Card Number is mandatory and has to be submitted. Those applicants who haven not received their Aadhaar Card number can also submit their 28 digit Aadhaar enrollment ID.
- The application fee will depend upon the category of the applicant and his/her selected mode of examination.
- Four examination centres have to be selected during the JEE Main 2018 application form filling process.
JEE Main 2018 has been confirmed to be conducted on April 8, 2018 (offline mode) and April 15 & 16, 2018 (online mode). The exam is conducted on an annual basis with an aim to provide B.Tech/B.Arch admissions to applicants in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.