Your browser does not support iframes.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, the exam conducting authority for JEE Advanced 2017 is likely to award 11 bonus marks for 3 ambiguous questions to all the candidates who had taken JEE Advanced 2017 on May 21. The decision was taken after an internal review of question papers by the IIT experts, reported a national daily.According to the report by The Times of India (TOI), 2 questions from Mathematics and 1 question from Physics section are found to be ambiguous. In two other questions from Physics and Chemistry, marks will be awarded for any of the 2 answers.
The report also quoted some teachers and students who have confirmed that none of them were able to find any rational answer/solution to these respective questions. VV Acharya, a teacher from Pace Junior Science College, was quoted telling TOI that no one could solve the Physics question on rotational dynamics. He further shared, "What was wanted in the question was not clearly known. The IITs have rightly given bonus marks for that question. The other question, which was from the same topic, could have been interpreted in more than one way. Some students may have wanted to challenge it but the IITs have given marks for both right answers."
Another teacher said, “In Mathematics one question, for which bonus marks were given, was incorrect; no answer was matching.”
However, there is no official confirmation on awarding bonus marks for these ambiguous questions by IIT Madras yet. The final decision of IIT Madras will be out after June 6, which is the last date for uploading feedback and comments against the answer key of JEE Advanced 2017. It must be noted that JEE Advanced 2017 answer key for Paper I and Paper II was released on June 4. Candidates can upload/submit their feedback or comments against the answer key till 5 pm on June 6. In case the challenges submitted by the candidates are found to be genuine and valid, then the claims will be incorporated in the final answer key of JEE Advanced 2017 accordingly.
In 2017, as may as 2,20,000 top rankers of JEE Main 2017 were eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2017, however, only 1.74 lakh (approx) candidates had registered for the entrance examination for admissions into B.Tech programmes at IITs. Last year also, as many as 42, 291 eligible candidates amongst 2 lakh JEE Advanced selects did not register for JEE Advanced. This means that one-fifth of the total candidates did not fill the IIT admission form.
Stay tuned to engineering.careers360.com for more news and updates on JEE Advanced 2017.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link
RGIPT will conduct RGIPT B.Tech 2020 admission process. The application form of RGIPT B.Tech 2020...
IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Students are provided here the preparation ti...
JEE Advanced 2020 - IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Know all about JEE Advanc...
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020 - IIT Delhi will release the detailed syllabus for JEE Advanced 2020 o...
JEE Advanced Result 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi will release the JEE Advanc...
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Anna University, Chennai
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
8. University of Delhi, New Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Coimbatore
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
11. Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh
12. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
13. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
14. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
15. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
SRM institute, Haryana
17. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
19. Visva Bharati, Kolkata
20. Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
21. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
22. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
25. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
26. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
27. Gauhati University, Guwahati
28. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
29. Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur
31. TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
32. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur
33. Panjab University, Chandigarh
34. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
35. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
36. Mysore University, Mysore
37. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
38. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai
39. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
40. Anand Agricultural University, Anand
41. University of Madras, Chennai
42. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
43. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
44. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
45. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysore
46. Thapar University, Patiala
47. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
48. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
49. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
50. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
For integrated M.Tech., you can look into:
1. Invertis University, Bareilly
2. Tezpur University, Assam
3. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management, Gwalior
Hope this helps. All the best!
if you want to appear jee advance then you have to appear jee main. Without jee main , you can't appear jee advance exam.
as you said you passed your +2 in 2018 which means 2020 is your last chance, you can't appear jee exam any more.
To give jee main 2020 , you have to satisfy the eligibility criteira of the exam.
1. Should have passed +2 in 2018,2019 or those who will pass in year 2020.
2. no age limit but has to satisfy No. 1 condition
3. Only 3 attempts.
if you have appeared jee main before then you it might be atmost 2 attempts as your passed +2 in 2018. so you can appear now. If you registred for january session then you should prepare for it. If you haven't registered then you can register or april session for which the application form will open in Feb end week or March.
prepare accordingly considering all the facts and must satisfying the criterias.
For more details you can visit the NTA official site
Hope it helps!
Your JEE Advanced brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile