Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology : Ph.D Programmes 2013
Institute: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
Programme: Ph.D in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics and Physics
Click here for Details
IIST Ph.D 2013 Eligibility:
1. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology:
- First class or equivalent in the Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees.
- Master’s degree must have been on the basis of qualified GATE score.
- Candidates with MS in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record (or) MS by Research with outstanding academic record can be considered without GATE.
- Candidates with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engg/Tech from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 can be considered without GATE.
2. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science
- First class or equivalent in their Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees.
- Candidates must have qualified in UGC/CSIR NET -JRF (or) NET-Lectureship (or) GATE qualified in the relevant disciplines.
3. Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology
- Outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- Such candidates must have secured CGPA of 9.0/10 or better and a valid GATE score of 675 or better.
- B. Tech students from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not require GATE.
IIST Ph.D 2013 Age Limit: Below 28 years as on 10th May 2013.
IIST Ph.D 2013 Selection Procedure: on the basis of written test
IIST Ph.D 2013 Application Procedure: Click here for the application form
IIST Ph.D 2013 Important Dates:
- Application Deadline: May 10, 2013
IIST Ph.D 2013 Details: Click here
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala
IIST Thiruvananthapuram Updates and Articles
Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology (IIST) announ...
Questions related to IIST Thiruvananthapuram
What are the Top Exam and College Application forms (2021), I need to apply as a PCMB student? I have applied for KVPY, JEE, BITSAT, NEST, UGEE, IISc and will apply for NEET, IISER and IIST once opened. Have I left any top exam/college? Pls help…
Some of the exams field wise that PCMB students' can for are-
Engineering: your state entrance exam, astrophysics Olympiad, physics Olympiad, chemistry Olympiad, maths Olympiad (RMO),
Medical : AIIMS,
Here are some links which might help you for preparation of these exams:
Find more at :
You can check more about each and every exam on careers360 website , also you could check information about colleges specifically.
All the best!
iist Vs iit Madras which is best
Not much difference. The B. Tech courses offered by IIST , the curriculum is similar to that of IIT.
if you are strong passionate about avionics, space, aerospace Engineering. and in future have any idea of pursing higher studies then go for IIST
But if you don't have any specific interest , any highly concise about placements then to be in safer side select IIT .
Hope this Helps
ALL THE BEST!
how to join iist for b.sc physics is there any entrance exam
IIST offers b.tech in engineering physics which is a 4 years course, it doesn't offer b.sc in physics.
It offers courses under :-
B.E/B.tech (total 4 courses, 4-5 years and Entrance Exam required is JEE advanced. )
M.E/ M.tech (total 15 courses, 2-5 years and Entrance Exam required is GATE,JEE advanced. )
Phd (1 course, 5 years, no such entrance exam required.)
do iist for ug application closed
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) offer 2 undergraduate courses - B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering and B. Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering (Avionics). They also offer a dual degree of 5 years - B. Tech + M. Sc / M. Tech. The admissions to UG courses are given based on 10+2 and JEE Advanced. IIST has not yet commenced the registration for undergraduate courses. The registration for the same will commence on the day of JEE Advanced 2021. The information brochure will be available on their official website from 01st August 2021.
The official website of IIST: https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate
Hope this was helpful.
Should there be any other query, please feel free to ask.
For getting selection in ISRO:- I have done B.tech from ECE qualified with 62%, If Ill give GATE and done M.tech from IIST and maintain 70% in it so can I get selected in ISRO? or my B.tech marks will cause problem with it?
see as per ISRO off campus recruitment notifications for position of scientist B , the eligibility criteria is mentioned in the notification is Candidates must complete BE/B. Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10. however there is no surety that what will be ISRO on campus eligibility and it subjected to change time to time. however IIST considers as one of the best institute In India, so completing your m.tech from iist would surely help you to secure a job in reputed organization, but you must do hard work and sincere to your studies.