Your browser does not support iframes.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur will conduct JEE Advanced 2018 on May 20. However, whether the entrance test for IIT admissions will be held in online mode or offline mode is yet to be confirmed. In a telephonic conversation with Careers360, Prof. Shalabh, Organising Chairman of JEE Advanced 2018 confirmed that the national level engineering entrance examination will be held on May 20.
Latest : [Less than 2 months left for JEE Main! Boost your Preparation with Personalised Coaching, Unlimited Mock Test and Faculty Support. If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK. Know More
“Apart from finalising the examination date, we have not decided on any other matter/event related to the entrance exam. Also, in the JAB meeting held recently at IIT Kanpur, we have not decided if JEE Advanced 2018 would be conducted on Online (CBT) mode. We will come up with rest of the details pertaining to JEE Advanced 2018 in 10 days or so,” said Prof. Shalabh.
Crack JEE 2020 with JEE Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
Earlier Careers360 had reported that IIT Kanpur will conduct JEE Advanced 2018 in online mode for admission to around 10,572 B.Tech seats across 23 IITs and there may be some changes in the test pattern as well. In a written reply to Careers360, Professor Bhaskar Ramamurthi, IIT Madras Director had confirmed that JEE Advanced 2018 will be held in online mode. However, as per the latest details shared by Prof. Shalabh, it's a wait and watch situation about the mode of the entrance exam.
For academic year 2017-18, JEE Advanced was held on May 21, while in 2018, the entrance test will be held a day earlier (on May 20) than last year.
JEE Advanced is the entrance test for admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at the IITs. According to Organizing Chairman of JEE Advanced 2017, out of the eligible 2,20,000 candidates, as many as 1,59,540 had taken JEE Advanced. Out of the total candidates who had taken the test, as many as 50,455 candidates had qualified the entrance test. Out of the 50,455 qualified candidates, 43,318 were male and 7,137 female. In other words, the total qualified candidates included 86% boys and 14% girls.
Stay tuned to engineering.careers360.com for more news and updates on JEE Advanced 2018.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link
RGIPT will conduct RGIPT B.Tech 2020 admission process. The application form of RGIPT B.Tech 2020...
IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Students are provided here the preparation ti...
JEE Advanced 2020 - IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Know all about JEE Advanc...
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020 - IIT Delhi will release the detailed syllabus for JEE Advanced 2020 o...
JEE Advanced Result 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi will release the JEE Advanc...
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Anna University, Chennai
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
8. University of Delhi, New Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Coimbatore
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
11. Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh
12. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
13. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
14. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
15. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
SRM institute, Haryana
17. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
19. Visva Bharati, Kolkata
20. Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
21. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
22. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
25. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
26. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
27. Gauhati University, Guwahati
28. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
29. Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur
31. TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
32. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur
33. Panjab University, Chandigarh
34. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
35. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
36. Mysore University, Mysore
37. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
38. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai
39. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
40. Anand Agricultural University, Anand
41. University of Madras, Chennai
42. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
43. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
44. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
45. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysore
46. Thapar University, Patiala
47. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
48. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
49. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
50. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
For integrated M.Tech., you can look into:
1. Invertis University, Bareilly
2. Tezpur University, Assam
3. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management, Gwalior
Hope this helps. All the best!
if you want to appear jee advance then you have to appear jee main. Without jee main , you can't appear jee advance exam.
as you said you passed your +2 in 2018 which means 2020 is your last chance, you can't appear jee exam any more.
To give jee main 2020 , you have to satisfy the eligibility criteira of the exam.
1. Should have passed +2 in 2018,2019 or those who will pass in year 2020.
2. no age limit but has to satisfy No. 1 condition
3. Only 3 attempts.
if you have appeared jee main before then you it might be atmost 2 attempts as your passed +2 in 2018. so you can appear now. If you registred for january session then you should prepare for it. If you haven't registered then you can register or april session for which the application form will open in Feb end week or March.
prepare accordingly considering all the facts and must satisfying the criterias.
For more details you can visit the NTA official site
Hope it helps!
Your JEE Advanced brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile