Defence Institute of Advanced Technology : M.Tech/Ph.D 2013
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) offers M.Tech and Ph.D programmes in Science and Engineering for serving officers of the Defence forces of the Republic of India, DRDO, Defence Public Sector Undertakings and foreign Defence Officers. A limited number of seats are allotted to civilians provided they fulfil the eligibility criteria and qualify in the written test/interview. The seats are with scholarship offers except for the PG diploma course.
DIAT M.Tech 2013 Programmes & Academic Eligibility:
- Aerospace Engineering (Guided Missiles) :
Eligibility: Candidate must have a B.E./B. Tech degree in Aeronautical/ Mechanical /Electrical /Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Chemical Engg.
- Computer Science & Engineering (Cyber Security):
Eligibility: Candidate must have a BE/B.Tech in Computers /Electronics/ Communication/M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- Radars & Communication:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a B. E. / B. Tech degree in Electronics / Communication Engg.
- Mechanical Engineering (Armament / Combat Vehicles):
Eligibility: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering
- Materials Science & Technology:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a B.E / B. Tech./ M.Sc or Equivalent in Metallurgy / Materials Science / Materials Engg / Mechanical Engineering / Ceramic Engg / Polymer Engg/ Nano- Technology / M. Sc. Or Equivalent in Physics / Chemistry.
- Lasers & Electro-optics:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a Masters degree or equivalent in Physics/Applied Physics / Electronics / Electronic Science or a B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) degree or equivalent in Electronics / Electrical/ Communication / Telecommunication / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Engineering Physics, M.Sc. in Computer Science with Physics and Mathematics at graduate level.
- Modeling and Simulation:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a M.Sc. in Mathematics / Physics / Statistics /Computer Science (Provided mathematics is one of the subject at the graduate level), Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Technology. Proficiency in computer programming is essential.
- Chemical Science & Technology:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a M.Sc in any branch of Chemistry of BE/B.Tech in Chemical Engg or BE/ B.Tech (Polymer) or equivalent degree.
- PG Diploma in Bio Science & Technology:
Eligibility: Candidate must have a M.Sc in Life Sciences and Physical Sciences / BE or B.Tech in any branch of Engineering or B.Sc degree with minimum 2 years of research experience in R&D institutions.
DIAT M.Tech 2013 Basic Eligibility:
- Candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination in the respective disciplines
- Candidate must have a valid GATE Score / UGC-CSIR NET Certificate
- Age Limit: Candidate must not be more than 26 years as on July 1, 2013
DIAT M.Tech 2013 Scholarship: Rs 8000 per month as per MHRD/AICTE guidelines
Note: PG Diploma students donot have any scholarship scheme.
DIAT Ph.D 2013 in
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electronics Engineering,
- Computer Science & Engineering,
- Applied Physics,
- Applied Mathematics
- Materials engineering
DIAT Ph.D 2013 Eligibility:
- For Ph.D. in Engineering: Candidates must have scored a minimum p 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in M.E./M. Tech.
- For Ph.D in Science 2013: Candidates must have passed Master of Science with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA for Ph.D. in Science.
Note: Students must also have a valid GATE Score / UGC-CSIR NET certificate.
DIAT M.Tech/Ph.D 2013 Application Procedure:
- Click here to download the application Form
- Pay an application fee (online) of Rs 200 (Rs 100 for SC/ST) per programme to DIAT Power Jyoti Account No 32020073738 with SBI Girinagar Branch, Pune 411 025
- The Filled in Application form has to be uploaded as per guidelines as mentioned in the website www.diatonline.co.in
- Note: Candidates are required to bring a printout of the filled in application form along wth proof of payment during the interview/test.
DIAT M.Tech/Ph.D 2013 Important Dates:
- Start of Applications: April 16, 2013
- Last Date for receipt of Application form: May 5, 2013
- Date of Interview/Written Test (Tentative): June First/Second Week, 2013
- Commencement of the Programmes: July 2nd week, 2013
Office of the Registrar
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, (Deemed University)
Girinagar, Pune 411025
Fax No: 020-24389318, 24389411