B.Tech 2013 at Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology
Institute: Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology (IIST)
Admissions to B.Tech programmes in
- Aerospace Engineering
- Physical Sciences
IIST B.Tech 2013 Eligibility:
- Candidates must be Indian citizens
- Date of birth of candidates must be on or after October 1, 1988 (For SC/ST it is October 1, 1983)
- Candidates must have attempted JEE (Main) 2013 and further JEE (Advanced) 2013
- Candidates must have scored the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE(Advanced)-2013 as follows:
- Gen Candidates: At least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) and 20% marks in aggregate
- OBC (NCL) Candidates: At least 90% of the marks prescribed for General Candidates as mentioned above
- SC, ST & PD Candidates: At least 50% the marks prescribed for General Candidates as mentioned above
- Note: JEE Scores will be the deciding factor for eligibility only
- The merit ranking for admissions will be on the basis of the All India Rank List (including category rank list) by CBSE with 60% weightage on JEE (Main) 2013 and 40% on normalized score of Class XII or equivalent examination.
- Candidates not meeting the above criteria of the CBSE All India Rank List will not be considered for admissions
IIST B.Tech 2013 Application Procedure:
- Online applications will be available at the website from May 17 to July 8, 2013
- Admissions Brochure will be available from April 30, 2013
IIST B.Tech 2013 Important Dates:
- Brochure availability: April 30, 2013
- Application availability: from May 17 to July 8, 2013
IIST Thiruvananthapuram Updates and Articles
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invite...
Questions related to IIST Thiruvananthapuram
how to join iist for b.sc physics is there any entrance exam
IIST offers b.tech in engineering physics which is a 4 years course, it doesn't offer b.sc in physics.
It offers courses under :-
B.E/B.tech (total 4 courses, 4-5 years and Entrance Exam required is JEE advanced. )
M.E/ M.tech (total 15 courses, 2-5 years and Entrance Exam required is GATE,JEE advanced. )
Phd (1 course, 5 years, no such entrance exam required.)
do iist for ug application closed
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) offer 2 undergraduate courses - B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering and B. Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering (Avionics). They also offer a dual degree of 5 years - B. Tech + M. Sc / M. Tech. The admissions to UG courses are given based on 10+2 and JEE Advanced. IIST has not yet commenced the registration for undergraduate courses. The registration for the same will commence on the day of JEE Advanced 2021. The information brochure will be available on their official website from 01st August 2021.
The official website of IIST: https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate
Hope this was helpful.
Should there be any other query, please feel free to ask.
For getting selection in ISRO:- I have done B.tech from ECE qualified with 62%, If Ill give GATE and done M.tech from IIST and maintain 70% in it so can I get selected in ISRO? or my B.tech marks will cause problem with it?
see as per ISRO off campus recruitment notifications for position of scientist B , the eligibility criteria is mentioned in the notification is Candidates must complete BE/B. Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10. however there is no surety that what will be ISRO on campus eligibility and it subjected to change time to time. however IIST considers as one of the best institute In India, so completing your m.tech from iist would surely help you to secure a job in reputed organization, but you must do hard work and sincere to your studies.
Is application for B Tech programmes in IIST closed?
kindly visit the link....
how much rank or marks (in JEE Advanced) is needed to get Aerospace engineering at IIST thiruvanthampuram.
Hello aspirant, IIST Thiruvananthapuram is a government aided institute and one of the best institutes in India for space research . It takes admission on the basis of JEE advanced or IIST exam. You need a very good score in JEE advanced for admission into this institute. The cut off percentage changes rapidly every year but to be on the safe side for general category you should get atleast around 35-40 percentage of total marks. For 2020 closing cutoff for aerospace engineering was 29.8 while for 2018 it was 34 % . But for 2017 it was 53.8%.
BEST OF LUCK!!