Admissions to Ph.D Programme at IISST
Institute: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Programme: Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics and Physics.
1. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology: A first class or equivalent in the Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. They must have pursued their Master’s degree on the basis of qualified GATE score.
Candidates with MS in Engineering or equivalent from leading foreign Universities with outstanding academic record (or) MS by Research with outstanding academic record can be considered without GATE. Candidates with Integrated Masters degree (or Dual Degree) in Engg/Tech from IITs and IISc with minimum CGPA 9.0/10 can be considered without GATE.
2. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Science: Master’s Degree in the relevant area with a first class or equivalent in their Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. They must have qualified UGC/CSIR NET -JRF (or) NET-Lectureship (or) GATE qualified in the relevant disciplines.
3. Applicants with Master’s Degree in Humanities: Master’s Degree in Humanities with a first class or equivalent in their Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees. They must be qualified UGC/CSIR NET-JRF (or) NET-Lectureship in the relevant disciplines.
4. Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology: Outstanding candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with an excellent academic record and aptitude for research may be considered for direct admission to the Ph.D. Programme. Such candidates must have secured CGPA of 9.0/10 or better and a valid GATE score of 675 or better. B. Tech students from IITs with CGPA better than 9.0/10 do not require GATE.
Note: Result awaited candidates in the final year/semester are also eligible to apply, if they have qualified for GATE/NET as required. Such candidates may be screened in for Test/Interview based on the marks obtained by them until the current year/semester.
Age Limit: Applicant should be below 28 years as on 20th November 2012. Age relaxation applicable as per Government Rules.
IIST Ph.D. programme with Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology: Rs. 18000/- p.m.
IIST Ph.D. programme with Master’s degree in Science or Humanities with NET-JRF or GATE qualification: Rs. 16000/ pm.
Scholars with NET-Lectureship: Rs. 12000/ pm, to be enhanced to Rs. 16000/ pm if the scholars qualify for NET-JRF.
Note: After two years of research experience, their performance will be evaluated by a review committee constituted by Director IIST. Based on the review, the fellowship amount of Rs. 18000/16000/12000 may be enhanced to Rs. 20000/18000/14000 respectively.
- The scholars will be required to assist the Departments in tutorials / practicals or related academic activities normally limited to 6 hours per week.
- Boarding / lodging / medical costs to be borne by the candidates as per IIST rules.
How to apply:
Click here to download application form
Duly filled application form along with attested copies of documents as mentioned in the application form and a DD for Rs 250 (Rs 125 for SC/ST)in favour of The Registrar, IIST payable at Thiruvananthapuram should be sent to
The Administrative Officer,
IIST, Valiamala Post,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695547
Note: Envelope should be with the superscription “Application for IIST Ph.D. Programme-January 2013”.
Application Deadline: 20th November 2012
List of short-listed candidates for written test or interview: 1st week of December 2012
Written test of two hours duration and Interview at IIST, Trivandrum: 1st week of January 2013.
Selected candidates will be intimated within a week after the final interview.
Click here for all details
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala
IIST Thiruvananthapuram Updates and Articles
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invite...
Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology (IIST) announ...
Questions related to IIST Thiruvananthapuram
how to join iist for b.sc physics is there any entrance exam
IIST offers b.tech in engineering physics which is a 4 years course, it doesn't offer b.sc in physics.
It offers courses under :-
B.E/B.tech (total 4 courses, 4-5 years and Entrance Exam required is JEE advanced. )
M.E/ M.tech (total 15 courses, 2-5 years and Entrance Exam required is GATE,JEE advanced. )
Phd (1 course, 5 years, no such entrance exam required.)
do iist for ug application closed
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) offer 2 undergraduate courses - B. Tech in Aerospace Engineering and B. Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering (Avionics). They also offer a dual degree of 5 years - B. Tech + M. Sc / M. Tech. The admissions to UG courses are given based on 10+2 and JEE Advanced. IIST has not yet commenced the registration for undergraduate courses. The registration for the same will commence on the day of JEE Advanced 2021. The information brochure will be available on their official website from 01st August 2021.
The official website of IIST: https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate
Hope this was helpful.
Should there be any other query, please feel free to ask.
For getting selection in ISRO:- I have done B.tech from ECE qualified with 62%, If Ill give GATE and done M.tech from IIST and maintain 70% in it so can I get selected in ISRO? or my B.tech marks will cause problem with it?
see as per ISRO off campus recruitment notifications for position of scientist B , the eligibility criteria is mentioned in the notification is Candidates must complete BE/B. Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10. however there is no surety that what will be ISRO on campus eligibility and it subjected to change time to time. however IIST considers as one of the best institute In India, so completing your m.tech from iist would surely help you to secure a job in reputed organization, but you must do hard work and sincere to your studies.
Is application for B Tech programmes in IIST closed?
kindly visit the link....
how much rank or marks (in JEE Advanced) is needed to get Aerospace engineering at IIST thiruvanthampuram.
Hello aspirant, IIST Thiruvananthapuram is a government aided institute and one of the best institutes in India for space research . It takes admission on the basis of JEE advanced or IIST exam. You need a very good score in JEE advanced for admission into this institute. The cut off percentage changes rapidly every year but to be on the safe side for general category you should get atleast around 35-40 percentage of total marks. For 2020 closing cutoff for aerospace engineering was 29.8 while for 2018 it was 34 % . But for 2017 it was 53.8%.
BEST OF LUCK!!