FAQs- Mistakes made while filling up JEE Main application form


“It has been noticed that aspirants of JEE (Main) -2013 have committed mistakes while filling particulars in their online registration form. Keeping in view, the hardship of the candidates, the Board has decided to display the particulars of the candidates on the JEE (Main) website in the second week of Jan 2013 so that the candidates can rectify their incorrect particulars.” CBSE Notice

Click here
to read the full notice

Many students have made mistakes while filling up the JEE Main application form online. If you are one among them and confused about how to rectify the mistakes, then read on:

I made a few mistakes while filling up the application form. Is there an option to correct those mistakes?
Yes. The CBSE will put up the particulars of the candidates on the JEE Main official website in the second week of January 2013. You can correct the particulars during that time.

How can I access the application form in order to make the changes?*
You can make changes in the application form only through online Authentication process. You will have to enter a few details in order to get access to your form. The details include system generated registration number (as given on confirmation page), candidate’s name, date of birth and mother’s name.

I want to change the choice of examination centre in the application form. Is it possible?*
There are certain major changes that are allowed and certain changes that are not allowed. The list is given below:

Changes allowed:
1.    You can change the mode of examination from offline to online. In that case, the exam centres you chose earlier will become null and void. You will have to choose new exam centre for the online exam.

Changes not allowed:
1.    You cannot change the choice of examination centre
2.    You cannot change the mode of examination from online to offline
3.    You cannot change the general information such as:
a)    Candidate’s name
b)    Father’s name
c)    Mother’s name
d)    Gender
e)    Date of birth
f)    Category
g)    PH status
h)    Blind status
i)    State of eligibility
j)    DD number

I forgot to write my name and put the signature on my photograph. Will my confirmation page be cancelled?
Your confirmation page will not be cancelled if you forgot to write your name and put the signature on the photograph. All you need to do is to download duplicate copy of Confirmation Page, complete the same in all respect and forward the completed form to the JEE (Main) Unit.

I pasted a coloured photograph and it is not attested. How can I correct it?
Follow the same procedure mentioned above.

I sent the application form without getting the photograph attested. Can I send it again? From whom should I get the form attested?
The photograph must be attested either by a Gazetted Officer or the Principal of the institution you last attended. You can resend the confirmation page after attesting it even though you have sent it earlier. You can find the option to re-print confirmation page on JEE site.

I left the column of thumb impression in the confirmation page blank. Is it compulsory to put the thumb impression?
Yes, it is compulsory to put the thumb impression. If you forgot it, reprint the application form, put the thumb impression and send it to the JEE (Main) Unit.

Whom should I contact for any further assistance and queries?
You can dial the helpline numbers for further help. The numbers are given below:
JEE Helpline Number: 91-11-22239177-80
CBSE Helpline Number: 1800-180-345
Joint Secretary: JEE Tel. 91-11-22246095
Email[email protected]

* Information used from last year’s notification


Post Comment

Related News