About DCECE 2020
Admission to diploma engineering courses at polytechnic institutes in the state of Bihar will be done through DCECE 2020 Polytechnic Engineering (PE) paper. The authorities have extended the last date to submit DCECE 2020 application form till June 9. Also, application form correction window will be available from June 12 to 15. The authorities will announced the new exam date for DCECE 2020 later. The application fee of Rs. 750 (open category) can be paid either online or offline. The paper will be of 2 hours 15 minutes duration and will include 90 objective type questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics. To appear in the exam, the candidate will need to have passed matriculation exam with minimum 35% marks, and also meet other prescribed eligibility criteria. Admit cards for eligible candidates will be issued in online mode. Meanwhile, the result of the entrance exam will be declared in the form of rank cards. Merit lists will also be published to short-list candidates for counselling.
Please note that apart from admission to three-year engineering diploma courses, DCECE 2020 is also held for admission to following programmes.
- Para-medical (PM) (intermediate level)
- Para-medical dental (PMD) (matric level)
- Part-time 4-year Polytechnic Engineering (PPE)
DCECE 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Short Exam Name||DCECE|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||750 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
DCECE 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
18 Mar, 2020 - 09 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online Ongoing
18 Mar, 2020 - 10 Jun, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment through Challan | Mode: Offline Ongoing
18 Mar, 2020 - 11 Jun, 2020
Application - Last date of fee payment online | Mode: Online Ongoing
12 Jun, 2020 - 15 Jun, 2020
Application Correction | Mode: Online
DCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates desirous of admission to diploma engineering courses in polytechnics in Bihar have to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria of DCECE 2020, or they will not be considered for admission. These eligibility criteria relate to parameters like qualifying exam passed, minimum marks, and also age limit for appearing in the exam, as have been discussed below.
Eligibility criteria of DCECE 2020
Qualifying Exam– Candidates who have passed Class X exam conducted by Bihar board or any other equivalent exam are eligible to apply. In addition, candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in 2020 can also apply on provisional basis.
- Minimum marks – The candidates needs to have scored minimum 35% marks in Class X
- Age limit – Candidates of all ages can apply, as no age limit has been set.
- Domicile – Indian citizens who meet the following conditions may apply. The parent of the candidate:
- is a permanent resident of Bihar
- enjoys refugee status in the state
- is employed with Bihar government
- is employed with the central government in Bihar
- works with the UN and is currently posted in the state
- Medical fitness – All candidates must be medically fit.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
BCECEB has released the application form of DCECE 2020 in online mode on March 18. The last date of application has been extended till June 9. Before proceeding to fill the form, it is recommended that candidates go through the guidelines and also the eligibility criteria carefully, so as to avoid mistakes during filling the application form. Also, keeping the scanned images of relevant documents and other important documents nearby would make the process much easier. To help the cause of the candidate, the application process is explained in brief below.
How to fill DCECE 2020 application form
- Registration – To start the registration process, the candidate has to first select the course group (PE in this case) and then enter valid email id and mobile number. Other details the candidate will be prompted to enter include name, DOB, Aadhaar number, etc. If the registration is successful, the activation code will be generated and sent to the registered email if and the mobile number of the candidate.
- Filling of personal information - The candidate has to next fill the application form, which will have sections like personal and communication details. In Personal details section, name, gender, DOB, the name of parents, etc. have to be entered. Academic section, meanwhile, will have fields like qualifying exam, marks, the name of the passing institute, etc.
- Uploading of documents - In this stage, scanned images of photograph and signature have to be uploaded as per the specifications described in the table below:
Size ( maximum)
3.5 x 4.5 cm
4.5 x 3.5 cm
- Filling of education information - After paying the fee, enter details related to exam passed, subjects studied in the qualifying exam, the name of the school (college), board, passing status, year of passing, pass percentage, and percentage.
- Preview application form– At this stage, the candidate will be able to preview the complete application form. Corrections are also allowed at this stage. If the candidate is happy with details entered, he/she may submit the form.
- Application fee payment– The application fee is Rs. 750 for open, and Rs. 480 for reserved(SC, ST and PwD) candidates. Both online (net banking, credit and debit cards ) and offline payment modes are available. To pay offline, e-challan has to be generated at the time of filling the application form. The challan can be used for making the payment at any nearby bank.
Application Fee (Rs.)
- Take a printout of the form – Finally, download and take a printout of the application form.
|General, OBC||Offline, Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 750|
|SC, ST||Offline, Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 480|
|General, SC, OBC, ST||PWD||Offline, Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 480|
DCECE 2020 Syllabus
DCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DCECE 2020 contain key insights into the structure of the exam like the number and types of questions asked, exam duration, subjects covered, and much more. These insights will help the candidate prepare in accordance with the demands of the exam and no get mislead. Check the key components related to the exam pattern from below.
Exam pattern of DCECE 2020
- The mode of the exam will offline (pen-and-paper) based.
- There will be one paper of 2 hours 15 minute duration
- Question type will be Multiple Choice
- Questions will be asked from physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- Marking scheme - for each correct answer 5 marks will be awarded.
- Questions will be set in English and Hindi languages
Subject-wise distribution of questions
Number of questions
The admit card of DCECE 2020 will be released in online mode only and not be sent to the candidate either by post or any other means. To download the admit card, one has to log-in to the admit card download portal (will be updated on this page once it is available). An important document required for sitting in the exam and for completing subsequent admission formalities, the admit card will contain details like name and address of the exam centre, date and time of the exam, and also roll number of the candidate. As DCECE 2020 has been postponed, admit card release date will be notified later.
How to download the DCECE 2020 admit card
- Click on the download link
- Log-in to the download portal by entering registration number and date of birth
- The admit card will appear on the screen on successful log-in
Check that the details mentioned on the admit card is the same as the ones entered at the time of filling the application form. If everything is OK, download and take a printout.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The results of DCECE 2020 will be released in the form of rank cards. The result is prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam; no weightage will be given to qualifying exam marks. The candidate can check and download rank cards, online. It includes important details like the roll number, marks obtained by the candidate in the exam, and qualifying status. In case of candidates who have qualified in the exam, the result would also include details related to time and date of interview (counselling).
How to download rank card (or check result) of DCECE 2020
- Click on rank card link
- Log-in by entering roll number and date of birth
- Upon successful log-in, rank card will be appear on screen.
- Download and take a printout of the rank card.
DCECE Merit list 2020
Apart from rank cards, authorities will also make available merit lists of DCECE 2020 in downloadable PDF format. Candidates can download merit lists simply by clicking on the relevant exam; no log-in details are required. An important feature of the merit list is it will be used to short-list candidates for counselling and seat allotment.
Process to download the merit list of DCECE 2020
- Click on the DCECE 2020 merit list
- The merit list will be appear on screen
- Download and take a printout of the result
DCECE 2020 Counselling
Mode of Counselling: Online
Online counselling of DCECE 2020 will be conducted for only those candidates who qualify the entrance exam. Candidates will be able to check their qualification status on the rank card, which will be available at the time of declaration of result. Since the counselling process is online, the candidate will have to get registered and participate in choice filling and locking. Candidates who don’t fill choices will not be considered for seat allotment. The DCECE 2020 counselling process is explained in brief below:
DCECE 2020 Counselling Procedure
- Online registration – Qualified candidates have to get registered by selecting the course, and then by entering registration number, name, date of birth, and security code, etc. Please note some details the candidate entered at the time of filling the application form will appear in read-only mode, and the candidate will also have to enter a few additional details.
- Choice filling and locking – After successful registration, the candidate has to next enter choices from the available options in the order of preference. The choices entered also has to be locked, or last entered choices would automatically get locked once choice filling deadline expires.
- Seat Allotment – The second seat allotment was done online and based on merit; additionally, the category of and choices entered by the candidate is taken into account. Allotted candidates will have to report at Reporting Centres (RCs) in person on the scheduled date and time to accept the allotted seat.
- Payment of admission fee – Finally, the candidate has to pay the admission fee of Rs. 1000, to confirm the seat.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Copy of downloaded part-a & part-b of application form
- Admit card in original
- Rank card
- Copy of allotment letter (3 copies)
- Passport-sized photograph ( 6 copies)
- 10th board certificate / matric / equivalent certificate and admit card as proof of age and identity.
- Aadhar card for ID proof.
- School leaving certificate
- Residential proof by natives of Bihar
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Refugee certificate (if applicable)
- Other eligibility certificate (wherever applicable)
- Any other relevant certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the mode of examination?
DCECE 2020 will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
Question: How to download the admit card of DCECE 2020?
To download DCECE 2020 admit card, candidates have to visit the official website and log in to the portal using registration number and password.
Question: What is the medium of language of the entrance examinations?
DCECE 2020 will be conducted in English and Hindi languages.
Question: What is the age limit to apply for DCECE 2020?
To be eligible for DCECE 2020, candidates should not be less than 18 years of age on 1st July 2020.
Questions related to DCECE
My enquiry is about BIHAR DCECE 2020, If a student who is fails in English Subject of Bihar Board 10th examination is he eligible for PMD (Paramedical Dental) course, second inquiry is about what is the eligibility for PM (Paramedical) Intermediate ANM, can a arts student apply for it.
To be eligible for PMD course you should have completed your 10th from a Recognised Board. You should be atleast 15 years as on December 31st, 2020 but not beyond 35 years as on December 31st, 2020. If you have failed in English and the overall result is also failed then you cannot appear for DCECE. You should have completed your 10th and passed in all subjects to be eligible for PMD. And regarding ANM, course 12th in any stream is accepted. You should have completed your 12th from any stream and you should be 17 years atleast as on December 31st, 2020 and not beyond 32 years as on December 31st, 2020. Only female Candidates can apply for this post.
What is the syllabus of DCECE(PE) BIHAR, for getting into the college? Is it syllabus of 10th or anything else is also included.
Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE) exam is conducted to provide admissions into various courses offered by the different polytechnic colleges and institutions situated in Bihar. The syllabus of the exam is given below.
Syllabus of Physics:
- Units and Dimensions
- Scales & Measurements
- Scalars & Vectors
- Linear Motion
- Laws of Motion
- Motion under Gravity
- Oscillations and Waves
- Circular Motion
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Current Electricity & Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Physical World and Measurement
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
Syllabus of Mathematics:
- Sequence & Series
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Determinants and Their Properties
- Matrix Algebra
- Complex Number
- Trigonometrical ratios of compound angles up to conditional Trigonometrical Identities
- Properties of Triangle
- Solution of Triangles & General Value
- Inverse Circular Function
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Two dimensional: Up to equation of circles
- Three dimensional: Up to straight line
Syllabus of Chemistry:
- Solid state
- Some Basis Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter:Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- General Introduction of P-Block Element
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- P-Block Elements
- D-and F-Block Elements
- Alcohols,Phenols and Ethers
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
please provide question papers for the exam DCECE(PE) bihar
You can get it from private webpages like freshwrsnow, biharmodelpaper, infoavi and many more. Search for them in browser. They have provided it for public use. They have also provided the answer key which will be helpful for you to know if you are solving questions accurately or not.
You can download it for offline use or use it online..
Hope it helps!
syllabus of dcece 9 and 10 or only 10 or only 12
The syllabus for DCECE comprises of topics from physics, chemistry and maths from classes 11 & 12.
The exam will be conducted via offline mode. The duration for exam will be of 2 hours & 15 minutes. The question paper will contain 90 questions. The question paper will consist of question in both English as well as Hindi languages.
There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the question paper. Each correct answer will consist of 5 marks & there will be no negative marking for wrong answer. As there will be no negative marking, so students must attempt all the questions given in the question paper.
For more details please visit this link
Hope it helps
my brother completed dcece (laterl entry) he is eligibale for bcece (lateral entry) please tell me
Yes he can apply for BCECE. Eligibility criteria for the entrance exam is :-
- There is no age limit
- Candidate must have passed diploma/BSc. course with minimum aggregate of 45% and for reserved category it is 40%.
For more information , please visit the link below :-
hope it helps!