About Assam PAT 2020
Admission to polytechnic institutes in the state of Assam is done through Assam PAT 2020, also known as Assam Polytechnic Admission Test. The exam has been postponed by the authorities. It is conducted by State Council for Technical Education (SCTE) in offline mode as a pen-and-paper based test across various test cities in state. The duration of the exam is two hours, with the paper comprising multiple choice questions based on H.S.L.C level from Mathematics and Science subjects. The application form for Assam PAT 2020 was available in online mode till May 10. Candidates who have successfully complete the application process within due dates will be issued admit cards. The results of the exam will be released in online mode. Offline centralized counselling for short-listed candidates will be conducted by the authorities
Assam PAT 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Assam Polytechnic Admission Test|
|Short Exam Name||Assam PAT|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education Assam|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||500 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Number of Seats||3525 Seats|
Assam PAT 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
01 Mar, 2020 - 10 May, 2020
Application - Start date of application | Mode: Online
Assam PAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For the purpose of admission, exam authorities have framed a list of eligibility criteria for appearing in Assam PAT that all candidates are required to meet. Non-conformity to these prescribed eligibility criteria may lead to disqualification at any stage of the admission process. The important eligibility criteria that the candidate must meet for appearing in the exam have been described below.
Eligibility criteria of Assam PAT 2020
- Qualifying exam – The candidate needs to have passed H.S.L.C or any equivalent exam in a single sitting with a minimum 40% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science. Minimum aggregate marks in the two subjects for SC and ST candidates are 35% and 33% respectively.
- Physical fitness – The candidate needs to be physically and mentally fit.
- Residential eligibility – The candidate needs to be an Indian national and permanent resident of Assam.
- Age limit
- General- Twenty years and six months on December 31, 2020.
- SC/ST- Twenty three years and six months on December 31, 2020.
- Institutions outside Assam- 20 years and six months on Dec 31, 2020.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
The online application form of Assam PAT 2020 was available in online mode. Before filling the form, the candidate were advised to go through the guidelines, including eligibility criteria, carefully so the application process was smooth and error-free. Check the step-wise application process below.
Steps to fill Assam PAT Application Form 2020
- Registration – To start the registration process, the candidate had to first select the course and then enter other details, including valid email id and mobile number.
- Filling of application form – In this step, the candidate had to fill different section in the application form like academic details, course details, and contact information.
- Uploading of the document – Next photograph and signature had to be uploaded in the format described in the table below.
- Generation of Application Number – Once the application was filled and documents uploaded, the candidate had to click on the Submit button. Doing so generated an Application Number. Note it down.
- Payment of application fee: The application fee for appearing in the exam was Rs.500 (excluding bank charges), and could be paid both in online and offline mode.
- Application submission – Check that the Assam PAT application form is complete in all respects.
NOTE: The application forms of Sports and NCC quota was to reach the office of the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati- within five days before the last date of submission of application form.
|OBC, SC, ST, General||Online, Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 500|
Assam PAT 2020 Syllabus
Assam PAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Sometimes success and failure come down to very small margins so much so that something like being familiar with the exam pattern matters. For example, let us consider there are two candidates with equal capabilities, but one is aware the exam is objective type, while the other isn’t. In which case the former will definitely hold an edge as he/she will plan and prepare accordingly. It is therefore recommended that candidates go through the exam pattern of Assam PAT 2020 before appearing in the exam.
Exam Pattern of Assam PAT 2020
- The exam will of two hours duration and offline-based
- There will be one paper comprising multiple choice questions
- Questions will be asked from Science and Mathematics subjects
- The syllabus will be equivalent to H.S.L.C. syllabus.
- The total marks of the exam will be 100
Exam conducting authorities will release the admit card of Assam PAT 2020 in online mode. An important document that is required for sitting in the entrance exam, the admit card will carry important information like the name, roll and application number of the candidate, date and time of the exam, and exam centre details. The admit card may also be required at the time of counselling, so candidates must take care not to damage or lose it.
How to download Assam PAT Admit Card 2020
- Click on the admit card download link (will be updated here once it is available)
- Log-in using application number and date of birth
- Upon successful log-in, the admit card will be displayed on the screen
After checking that details mentioned on it are correct and legible, download and take a printout.
Assam PAT 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The result of the Assam PAT (pen-and-paper based) exam will be announced in online mode. The Assam PAT 2020 result will contain the important information like qualifying status of the candidate, subject-wise and total marks, and the merit rank. To prepare the Assam PAT merit rank 2020, the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam will be considered, and no weightage will be given to qualifying marks.
The result would also carry information like the counselling schedule and venue, but only for qualified candidates.
In the scenario where two or more candidates obtain the same marks, the merit rank will be decided in the following sequence:
- Candidates who have higher marks in Mathematics and Science in qualifying exam will be ranked higher
- The candidate who has higher aggregate marks in the qualifying exam will be given higher rank
- Finally, a tie will be decided based on lottery which will be drawn by Chairperson of Selection Committee.
Assam PAT 2020 Cutoff
Admission authorities will likely release category and course-specific cutoff of Assam PAT 2020 for all the participating institutes of the exam. The cutoff generally indicates the last rank at which a candidate is given admission to a particular course. So, any candidate who doesn't meet the cutoff criteria will not be considered for admission. Considering the cutoff is prepared based on parameters like number of applications received for a particular course and number of seats available, Assam PAT cutoff 2020 is likely to be different for different courses.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Centralized counselling of Assam PAT 2020 will be conducted in offline mode. Counselling will be open for short-listed candidates of Assam PAT 2020. The list of short-listed candidates will be published online alongside the result. Since the counselling is offline, candidates have to report in person for the counselling process, which would include steps like document verification and seat allotment. Any candidate who fails in the verification process will not be considered for admission.
The allotment of the seat will be based on the merit rank of the candidate and choices opted for admission. Please note candidates who are ranked higher in the merit list would be given preference during the seat allotment process.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Mark sheet of qualifying examinations passed.
- Proof of age (admit card or certificate of the board/university)
- Pass certificate from school/college last attended.
- Character certificate from the head of the institution last attended.
- Caste certificate
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- Freedom fighter certificate (both paternal & maternal) to be considered for reserved seats
- Certificate from the employer if applied against central government employee quota seats, etc.
- Certificate issued by Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing state if applied under sport and NCC quota.
- Moran community certificate (if applicable) issued by Assam Moran Sabha countersigned by DC/ADC/SDO (Civil) of concerned district.
Questions related to Assam PAT
PAT exam hoga kiya sir exam ka date change hoya kiya sir
Assam PAT is a state level polytechnic entrance test conducted once in a year for admission to various Diploma Polytechnic courses. The application form has been extended till 25th April,2020. The exam will be conducted on May 10,2020 and no announcement has been made to postpone the exam.
Hope this helps.
I have read in class 11....so can I apply for PAT?
Actually your question is not clear. There are PAT exams held in different states and for different courses. There are slight changes in the eligibility criteria everywhere. It would be better if you restructure your question and ask agin including the state and the course you prefer. In general, the candidate must be with Indian Nationality and there's no upper age limit for the exam. The candidate must have passed class 12th with Physics, chemistry, biology/ mathematics/ biotechnology accordingly. So, you can apply after you pass class 12th. Hope this helps.
how many jobs are available for je mechanical
Hello Manash protim chetia,
It is very tough to predict, number of jobs available in the je mechanical. There are around nearly 500+ government jobs come very year to year in the fields of rrb je and ssc je etc..
Hope this help you.