About Assam CEE 2020
DTE Assam has released the round 1 seat allotment of CEE 2020 counselling. Assam Science and Technology University conducted the Assam CEE 2020 entrance exam on September 20 for admission in first year B.Tech course. Assam CEE 2020 result has been declared on September 28. Assam CEE 2020 answer key has been released on September 20 and objections against the same was allowed till September 23. The application form of Assam CEE 2020 was available in online mode from March 2 till June 20 (extended) Assam CEE exam will be of 3 hours duration in which various questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be asked to test the candidate’s ability. The exam will be conducted on September 20, 2020. Assam CEE 2020 admit card has been released in online mode. The merit list will be compiled and released according to the candidate’s performance in the examination. The first round counselling will be held by DTE Assam. The counselling form has to be filled and submitted by the qualified candidates to participate in the allotment process. Allotment will be done as per the candidates’ merit, preference and availability of seats.
Assam CEE 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Assam Combined Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||Assam CEE|
|Conducting Body||Assam Science and Technology University|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||State Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||750 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Number of Seats||1335 Seats|
Assam CEE 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
13 Oct, 2020
Counselling - Round 1 Seat Allotment - Start Date | Mode: Online
05 Oct, 2020 - 10 Oct, 2020
Counselling - Registration | Mode: Online
28 Sep, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020 - 23 Sep, 2020
Answer Key - Objections | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020
Answer Key | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline
15 Sep, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
02 Mar, 2020 - 20 Jun, 2020
Application | Mode: Online
There are certain conditions of eligibility which candidates have to fulfil to be eligible for Assam CEE 2020. These requirements are termed as the eligibility criteria of Assam CEE 2020. To participate in the examination, it is necessary for the candidates to satisfy the criteria set by the authorities.
- Age Limit – The candidates have to be between 17 to 21 years old as of August 1, 2020. For SC/ST candidates, 3 years relaxation is provided in upper age limit. Candidates applying for B.Sc can apply till the age of 22 years.
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality
- Domicile – Should be permanent residents of Assam
- Qualifying Examination – The candidates should have qualified their 10+2 standard (or equivalent) examination and studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. They should have passed in the mentioned subjects individually.
- Marks Required – An aggregate marks of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics should have been secured by the candidates in 10+2 (or equivalent) examination. For SC category, the aggregate mark is 45%, while for ST category it is 40%.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application form of Assam CEE 2020 was available in online mode from March 2. Last date to fill the application form was June 20. Before filling the application form, it is essential for the candidates to check the eligibility criteria. Ineligible candidates will be disqualified from the process. Assam Science and Technology releases the Assam CEE 2020 application form in two parts – Form A for examination and Form B for counselling. To participate in the examination, the candidates will have to fill Form A and submit it before the final date. Candidates can refer to the steps of application given below for reference purpose.
Steps to fill Assam CEE 2020 Application Form
- Firstly, the candidates will have to fill their personal and contact details. The preferred exam centre also has to be selected by the candidates. After filling all of the required information, the candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
- After checking all of the information submitted, the candidates will have to submit their filled Assam CEE 2020 application form. Acknowledgement slip will be generated for the candidates after the submission is completed.
- Payment of the application fee can be done by the candidates in online (SBI-Collect/Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card) or offline mode (e-challan). It is to be noted that the payment has to be done one working day after filling the application form.
Application Fee – Rs. 650
|ST, OBC, SC, General||PWD||Online, Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 750|
|ST, OBC, SC, General||Online, Offline||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 750|
Assam CEE 2020 Syllabus
Laws of motion
Rotational motion and moment of inertia
Solids and fluids
Units and measurement
Description of motion in one dimension
Thermal and chemical effects of currents
Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Atoms, molecules and nuclei
Solids and semi-conductors devices
Description of motion in two and three dimensions
Work, energy and power
Transference of heat
States of matter
Some basic concepts
Chemical energetics and thermodynamics
Redox reactions and electrochemistry
Rates of chemical reactions and chemical kinetics
Chemistry of non-metals I
Chemistry of non-metals II
Chemical bonding and molecular structure
Chemistry of lighter metals
Chemistry of representative elements
Transition metals including lanthanides
Coordination chemistry and organometallics
Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
Some basic principles
Organic compound containing halogens
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Synthetic and natural polymers
Chemistry in action
Sets, relations and functions
Permutations and combinations
Binomial theorem and its applications
Sequences and series
Three dimensional geometry
Measures of central tendency and dispersion
Matrices and determinants
Mathematical induction and its application
Assam CEE 2020 Preparation Tips
How to Prepare for Assam CEE 2020?
One of the most important aspects is preparation. Candidates appearing for the entrance exam can check the given Assam CEE 2020 preparation tips to be well equipped to write the exam and crack it successfully.
Preparation for Assam CEE include the following:
Know the Assam CEE Syllabus 2020
- It is imperative to know the syllabus that a student needs to cover for Assam CEE.
- This is as per the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) Syllabus which is what students must check for.
- Segregate the topics as per difficulty levels and tackle the ones most tough while revising the easy ones.
Understand the Assam CEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
- An important step is to check and understand how the exam will be like. This is to get a grip on the type of questions asked, time to complete the paper, marks awarded.
- This will aid in planning for the exam day such that every second is made to count.
Practice with Sample Papers and Previous Year Question Papers
- One important factor is revision and practice. Constant practice leads the way to perfection. Therefore it is important that candidates practice with the old question papers and attempt them just like the actual entrance test.
- After completing one test, it is important to understand the mistakes made and revise so as to avoid making them in the actual exam.
Health is Wealth:
While studying constantly will yield success but not if it is the only thing done all day and all night. It is important that candidates take good care of their health by eating well. Mental health should also be a priority as nobody can cope up studying all the time. This should be encountered with small breaks, leisure hours and such.
Lastly, social media and distractions are a no go. So candidates are advised to concentrate on acing their efforts and cracking the exam.
During the preparation process, the candidates are advised to check the exam pattern of Assam CEE 2020. This will give a clear understanding to the candidates regarding the examination. Various information related to the mode of examination, duration, total marks and more can be known through Assam CEE 2020 exam pattern.
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Duration – 3 Hours
- Mode of Language – English, Assamese
- Sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Total Number of Questions – 120
- Marking Scheme – 4 marks will be rewarded for each correct answer. On the other hand, one mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
- Other – Candidates will have to use a black ball pen to answer the questions
Assam Science and Technology University has released the admit card of Assam CEE 2020 in online mode on September 15. Registered candidates will have to download the admit card and produce it at the examination centre. Details about the examination venue and timings along with other information will be present in the Assam CEE 2020 admit card. The steps to download the admit card is listed below:
- Candidates will have to log in using their Assam CEE 2020 application number/username and password.
- Click on Submit
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- After checking for discrepancies, the candidates can download and print out the admit card.
Assam CEE 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Assam CEE 2020 admit card
The concerned authorities (ASTU) has released the Assam CEE 2020 answer key on September 20. Candidates are also given a chance to raise objections against Assam CEE answer key till September 23 by paying a fee of Rs 300 per question. Using the answer key of Assam CEE 2020, the candidates will be able to calculate their probable secured scores before the official result is announced. The correct answers to the examination questions will be present in Assam CEE 2020 answer key. Calculation of scores can be done by following the marking scheme of the examination. Various coaching institutes such as Conceptual Education, Potential coaching and more will also be releasing the answer key of Assam CEE 2020.
The result of Assam CEE 2020 has been released in online mode on September 28. The Aassam CEE result consists of the marks and merit ranks obtained by the candidates along with their qualifying status. The admission authorities will create a category wise merit list referring to the result of the candidates. To download the Assam 2020 rank card, the following steps have to be followed by the candidates:
- Open the official website and click on the result link.
- Enter the Assam CEE 2020 roll number and date of birth have to be entered by the candidates.
- Click on the login button on the web page.
- The result of Assam CEE 2020 will be displayed on the screen which has to be downloaded and printed out.
The minimum score which the candidates will have to secure to have higher chances of admission into the participating institutes will be available in the cutoff of Assam CEE 2020. Various factors related to the examination will be taken into consideration while preparing the cutoff. The authorities will be releasing different cutoff as per the category and course selected by the candidates.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) has released the round 1 seat allotment of Assam CEE 2020 counselling. Candidates can check their seat allotment status online from the website engineering.dteassamcounselling.in and submit the documents and form A within last date. The allotted institute will online verify the documents post admission status.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Assam CEE 2020 counselling form
- Assam CEE 2020 admit card
- 10th standard qualifying examination admit card or pass certificate (as age proof)
- 10th standard qualifying examination mark sheet
- 12th standard qualifying examination mark sheet
- 12th standard qualifying examination admit card
- Permanent residence certificate (PRC)
- Caste/category certificate
- Character certificate
- Passport size photograph (4)
Questions related to Assam CEE
will i get jec cse branch if my rank is 1340 in assam cee??
Assam Science and Technology University, Guwahati conducts Assam CEE, a combined entrance examination for admission to various undergraduate engineering programs in member institutions.
The cutoff marks for
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati is around 130.
- Jorhat Engineering College is around 120.
According to your rank you would definitely be eligible to get in to these colleges.
For more details you can visit this link.
Hope this was helpful to you.
All the best for your future.
My cee 2020 score is 220 and my rank is 337. Can i get a seat in AEC, guwahati in mechanical engineering
Congratulations for getting good rank in Aasam CEE 2020. According to last some years cut offs you have very good chances of getting admission into AEC, Guwahati. The cut offs are generally near to the 120 to 130 marks and as your marks are very much higher than that so that you have very good chances of getting admission in this institution.
You should go through the below link of last some years cut offs of Aasam CEE which will help you definitely in predicting your chances of admission in various institutions of Aasam.
Also for getting more information about the institution that you mentioned in the question that is AEC, Guwahati you should go through the below link of careers360.
Best of luck.
what is the cut off marks for ews in assam cee engeenering
Hope you are doing well.
I am providing you a link through which you can get all the information about cut off.
Hope this was helpful to you.
Feel free to ask any question.
All the best for your future.
will i get any government engineering college with 1085 rank in Assam cee (general category)
Here is the list of some government colleges in Assam in which you can apply.
1. Assam University, Silchar
2. Tezpur University, Tezpur
3. Assam Engineering college, Guwahati
4. Dibrugarh University.
For more list of colleges you can use our college predictor tool: https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answer
I got 95 in cee 2020 will i get seat in college? And i am a candidate of obc caste rank is 2229
At this rank, you may get admission in the following colleges
1. Bineswar Brahma Engineering college, Kokrajhar
2. Jorhat Institute of science and technology, Jorhat
3. Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
4. Assam Engineering college, Guwahti
5. Golaghat Engineering College, Golaghat
For more information related to colleges, you may contact us anytime.