Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering (AEEE)
About AEEE 2020
AEEE is a university-level exam is conducting every year by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, a deemed to be university, for admission to its four-year B.Tech programmes. The entrance exam will now be conducted in two phases,first phase on July 11 and 12 and second phase on July 24, 25 and 26 as per revised schedule. Previously, The institute has postponed AEEE 2020 exam which was scheduled to be conducted from April 23 to 27, 2020 because of the nation-wide lock down due to coronavirus pandemic. The entrance exam will be conducted in both Computer-based test (CBT) mode and Pen-and-paper (P&P) mode; candidates can choose any one mode only. The entrance exam will be conducted in some 102 exam centres across India approximately. The question type is objective, with a total of 100 questions asked from physics, chemistry and mathematics. Mathematics contributes a maximum of 40 questions while remaining 60 questions are equally distributed between the other two subjects. Among the important eligibility criteria that candidates need to meet for filling the application form include a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in PCM.
For the academic session 2020-21, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is also accepting the JEE Main score for admission in B.Tech programs. Candidates who wish to apply through JEE Main will have to complete the AEEE 2020 application procedure before June 30. However, such candidates are exempted from appearing for AEEE as their JEE Main 2020 ranks are considered for the admission. It must be noted that 70% of seats will be filled through AEEE 2020 and 30% seats will be filled through JEE Main 2020.
AEEE 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering|
|Short Exam Name||AEEE|
|Conducting Body||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Offline / Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
AEEE 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
19 Sep, 2019 - 30 Jun, 2020
Application - Start Date | Mode: Online Ongoing
11 Jul, 2020 - 12 Jul, 2020
Exam - Phase 1 | Mode: Offline and Online
24 Jul, 2020 - 26 Jul, 2020
Exam - Phase 2 | Mode: Offline and Online
Candidates seeking admission at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham must meet prescribed eligibility criteria of AEEE 2020, or else they won’t be considered for admission even if they qualify in the exam. Among the important AEEE 2020 eligibility criteria, the candidate needs to meet include that of age and educational qualification as have been outlined below.
Eligibility criteria of AEEE 2020
- Age limit: The candidate must have been born on or after July 1, 1999.
- Educational qualification: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with minimum 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as taken together. In addition, the minimum marks for each paper is 55%.
Mode of Application : Online and Offline
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Demand Draft
The AEEE 2020 application form is available from September 19, 2019. Candidates applying through JEE Main also have to complete the AEEE 2020 application process before June 30 (extended date). However, such candidates are exempted from appearing in AEEE 2020 as their JEE Main 2020 rank are considered for admissions. To apply online, the candidates simply need to go to the online application portal and complete the application process. Candidates can obtain the offline application form of AEEE 2020 through Amritapuri, Bangalore & Coimbatore campus.
The process to fill the application form is explained in brief below.
How to fill online AEEE 2020 application form
- Registration: The candidate have to go to the registration portal and register using a valid email id, mobile number, and other details. If the registration is successful, a confirmation mail would be sent to the registered email id.
- Fill the form: Upon registration, the candidate will be directed to an application form with sections like personal and contact information. The photograph and signature of the candidate also has to be uploaded as per specifications mentioned by the authorities.
|Photograph||less than 200 KB||JPG or JPEG Format||3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H)|
- Qualification Details: The academic details along with mode of admission has to be provided by the candidates. Three preferred exam cities have to be selected.
- Preview: Candidates can double-check the details as filled by them before they proceed to pay the application fee.
- Fee payment: The fee can be paid online using net banking, credit or debit card, cash card or wallets. Candidates applying through AEEE 2020 will have to pay Rs. 1000/- as application fee, candidates applying through JEE Main 2020 rank will have to pay Rs. 300/- and candidates applying through both will also have to pay Rs. 1000/- as application fee.
How to fill offline AEEE 2020 application form
Candidates can obtain the offline, OMR application form from the university counter of Amrita Schools of Engineering at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore & Chennai on producing a demand draft for Rs. 1000/- in favour of Amrita School of Engineering, Payable at Coimbatore. It must be noted that it is important to send the offline application at the earliest. Applicants will receive an SMS with the link to fill the rest of the details to complete the application process. The data shall be filled on or before the last date of application submission.
|OBC, SC, ST, General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1000|
AEEE 2020 Syllabus
Units and dimension
Solids and fluids
Oscillations and waves
Heat and thermodynamics
Electrostatics, current electricity and magneto statics
Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic waves
Ray and wave optics
Permutations and combinations
Sequence and series
Matrices and determinants
Measures of central tendency and dispersion
Two- dimensional geometry
The straight line and pair of straight lines
Circles and family of circles
Three dimensional geometry
Atomic structure, chemical bonding and molecular structure
Equilibrium and thermodynamics
Electrochemistry. kinematics and surface chemistry
Solid states and solutions
D - and f - block elements
Basic organic chemistry and techniques
Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes and haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols and ethers
Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
Polymers and biomolecules
Chemistry in everyday life
It is a wise idea to get acquainted with the exam pattern of AEEE 2020 before starting one’s preparation. If the candidate does so, he/she will know important details about the exam like modes it is available in, marking scheme, and weightage. These details can be taken into account when making a preparation plan. For example, the exam will be computer-based, and there will be 100 questions that have to be attempted in 180 minutes. This bit of information will caution to not waste the time of subjective questions but instead focus on speed and accuracy.
AEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of exam||Available in both – (a) Pen-and-paper (P&P) and (b) Computer-based test (CBT) modes|
|Language of exam||English|
|Exam duration||2 hour 30 minutes|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).|
For each question, there will be four answer options, with one of the being the right answer.
Total number of questions
|Physics – 30|
Chemistry – 30
Mathematics - 40
Total questions = 100
|Marking scheme||Correct response carries 3 marks, while there is a penalty of 1 mark for an incorrect response. |
For no attempts, zero marks will be awarded.
The admit card cum hall ticket of AEEE 2020 will be available post successful slot booking. The AEEE 2020 hall ticket is an important document that is not just needed to take the test, but to complete other admission formalities as well. Before downloading the hall ticket, the candidate needs to ensure that the details mentioned on it are correct and legible. In case there is a discrepancy, the candidate needs to get in touch with exam authorities and get it rectified. The admit card for pen and paper mode is now available.
How to download the hall ticket of AEEE 2020
- Log-in to the portal using email id/application number and date of birth
- Upon log-in, the admit card will be displayed on the screen
Key details mentioned on the AEEE hall ticket
- Date, time and slot of exam
- Address of the test centre
- Instructions for the exam
- Roll and Registration numbers
After successfully filling the form, the candidate will have to next book a slot for the exam. AEEE 2020 slot booking process will be conducted based on first-come, first-served model, so it is always a great idea to book one’s slot early. During slot booking of AEEE 2020, the candidate will be able to book exam day and time-slot.
How to book AEEE 2020 slot
- Log-in to the slot-booking portal using application number and date of birth.
- Select time and date
- Submit the choices
- If the slot is booked, a confirmation message will appear on the screen
AEEE 2020 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
Documents Required at Exam
- Hall ticket
- Originals with a photocopy of any of the following as photo identity: voter id card, Aadhaar card, passport, id card issued by the school last attended, driving license, or any other authentic document which proves identity.
The admission authorities will declare the result of AEEE 2020 in online mode only. The AEEE 2020 result includes details like the marks and rank obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam. To check AEEE results, one has to log-in to the result portal using one’s registration number, date of birth and security code. Using the result of AEEE 2020 as a base, the authorities will prepare a merit list to short-list candidates for the counselling and seat allotment process.
How to view AEEE 2020 Result
- Go to the result portal
- Log-in to the portal using registration number, date of birth and security code
- The result would be displayed on-screen
- Download and take a printout
The cutoff of AEEE 2020 will be published by admission authorities after the declaration of result. The cutoff will include the opening and closing ranks for admission to a particular course at different campuses of the institute. Typically, only those candidates who meet the AEEE cutoff 2020 are likely to get admission; so it is recommended candidates try to score equal to or more than the cutoff score. Also considering the AEEE 2020 cutoff is branch and institute-specific, it is bound to be different from one institute/branch to another. Some of the important parameters on which the cutoff is based include – number of sanctioned seats for the programme, applications received for admission, and also previous years’ cutoff trends.
Mode of Counselling: Offline
Candidates will have to register online for participating in the counselling and seat allotment process of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Candidates will have to report in person at any of the three campuses at Amritapuri, Bengaluru, and Coimbatore for further admission process as per the schedule released by the university. Please note all short-listed candidates will be issued counselling call letters, which they have to download and produce at the time of counselling.
Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of rank of the candidate and choices entered. The counselling will be held for the academic session 2020-21. The candidate needs to complete both the steps to be considered for seat allotment.
- Registration: The candidate needs to be physically present for the counselling process; at the time of counselling the candidate needs to bring along the counselling call letter and display it at the registration desk. Upon display and bar verification of the call letter, the candidate will be allowed inside the counselling hall.
- Document verification: The candidate will have to next get all essential documents verified. Along with the originals, the candidate must bring a photocopy of all each document and demand draft.
- Counselling call letter
- Marks statement of 10+2
- Hall ticket of 10+2
- Marks sheet of 10+2
- AEEE 2020 hall ticket (With the signature of Invigilator)
- Community certificate (If the candidate belongs to SC, ST, BC, MBC or OBC category)
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the Institution where candidate studied class 12th
- DD for Rs. 10,000 drawn in favour of “Amrita School Of Engineering” and payable at COIMBATORE, as counselling fee which is non-refundable.
- DD for Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of “Amrita School Of Engineering” and payable at COIMBATORE, as advance tuition fee before allotment of seat.
AEEE 2020 Counselling Centers
Documents Required at Counselling
- Counselling call letter
- Marks statement of class 10th
- Examination hall ticket of HSC / 12th class
- SC / 12th class marks statement
- AEEE 2020 hall ticket
- Community certificate (If candidate belongs to SC, ST, BC, MBC or OBC category)
- Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where candidate studied class 12th
- Demand draft for Rs. 10,000 drawn in favour of “AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING” and payable at COIMBATORE, as counselling fee which is non refundable.
- Demand draft for Rs. 50,000 drawn in favour of “AMRITA SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING” and payable at COIMBATORE, as advance tuition fee before allotment of seat.
Questions related to AEEE
i lost my amrita application number for aeee 2020 i applied by omr filling how can iget Amrita application number
You are requested to check your registered phone number for an SMS sent to you.If you haven't received your application details you may contact the help desk through an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800-425-90009
They will help you retrieve your application number.
AEEE 2020will be conducted in centres or at home like other universities like GAT VIGNAN
AEEE will be conducted in two phases-
First phase on 11th and 12th July, and,
Second phase on 24th, 25th or 26th July, as per revised schedule.
The entrance exam will be conducted in both Computer-based test (CBT) mode and pen and paper (P&P) mode. You can choose any one mode only.
For more information about AEEE, click the link given below :
Hope this answer helps you.
when is amrita entrance exam getting started
After enterance exams like SRMJEEE, VITEEE, AEEE, SAEEE.... when we are selected for counselling... Will the state board percentage will be considered or else the minimum eligibility of percentage is only seen..?
Admission through the entrance exam will be based on merit in the entrance exam.The minimum percentage is specified so as to set an eligibility criteria only those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are eligible to appear.Your class 12 marks are not considered while determining the rank except few entrance exam like EAMCET where class 11 and 12 marks are considered.Scoring the minimum percentage specified will make you eligible to get admission if you qualify in the entrance exam.
important books to crack aeee 2020
Some of the recommended books for AEEE are given below :
Physics - Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
Chemistry - Chemistry by Pradeep's Publication
Mathematics - Mathematics by RD Sharma
You should also give more importance to NCERT Textbooks.Check out the link below for free downloading of books :