Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017: KEA will be releasing Karnataka PGCET 2017 merit list tentatively in the month of July 2017 along with the result. The merit list of Karnataka PGCET 2017 will consist of the names of the applicants who participated in the entrance examination along with their scores and ranks obtained. The admission committee will be releasing different merit list for each category of applicants – Karnataka PGCET 2017 applicants, GATE 2017 qualified applicants and Kuvempu and Mysore University applicants. Karnataka PGCET merit list 2017 will be declared based on the marks secured by the applicants in the qualifying examination and will also be arranged in the order of merit. Those applicants who meet the cutoff ranks for admission will be allotted seats into the participating institutes under Karnataka PGCET. To check and download the Karnataka PGCET 2017 merit list, read the full article given below.
The state of Karnataka will be offering admissions to all eligible applicants into the engineering institutes through Karnataka PGCET 2017. GATE qualified applicants will also be able to be apply for admissions and they will not be required to attempt the entrance exam.
Important Dates of Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
Important Dates (Tentative)
Karnataka PGCET 2017
July 1, 2017
Declaration of Result
Publishing of Merit List
Commencement of Counselling
Types of Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
KEA will be releasing three types of Karnataka PGCET 2017 Merit List:
Merit list for Karnataka PGCET 2017 qualified applicants – Will consist of the PGCET number, applicant’s name, gender, subject, version, PGCET score and M.Tech rank.
Merit list for GATE 2017 qualified applicants – The PGCET number, applicant’s name, gender, GATE score and M.Tech score will be available here.
Merit list for Kuvempu/ Mysore University applicants – The merit list will consist of the PGCET number, name of the applicant, gender, version, PGCET score and M.Tech rank.
Procedure to Check Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
The merit list of Karnataka PGCET 2017 will be available only in online mode. The applicants will be able to access the merit list by using the following steps:
The link to download the Karnataka PGCET merit list 2017 will be available soon.
Click on the link to obtain the merit list.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 merit list will be published in PDF format.
The applicants can download the list and check their scores/ ranks.
Inter Se Merit of Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
There are some situations when two or more applicants may secure the same scores. During these cases, the inter se merit will be resolved by the following points in the given order:
The applicants who secured higher aggregate marks in the qualifying examination will be ranked higher than the applicant who scored lower.
The applicant who is older in age will be ranked higher.
In case, the above points are the same for the two or more applicants then the inter se merit will be decided through lots.
Highlights of Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017
Three types of merit list of Karnataka PGCET 2017 will be released by the authorities.
The merit list will arranged as per the secured scores of the applicants in the qualifying examination (Karnataka PGCET 2017 or GATE 2017).
Admissions into the participating engineering institutes will be provided as per the ranking of the applicant in the merit list.
Guidelines to resolve the inter se merit has been set by the admission committee.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 merit list will be released in PDF format.
Be updated with the latest news about Karnataka PGCET Merit List 2017 at engineering.careers360.com
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2021- All the shortlisted candidat...
Karnataka PGCET Result 2021 - KEA will declare the result of K...
Questions related to Karnataka PGCET
I have passed out from SRM university in 2020, with Btech Biotechnology degree. I am from Kolkata, am i eligible for the PG-CET exam?
The eligibility criteria for Karnataka PGCET is that a candidate should have passedbachelor's degree(minimum three years duration) or equivalentexaminationfrom a UGC/AICTE recognized college/university. He must have a valid GATE score. Candidates outside of Karnataka who don't have a domicile can also apply but only 10% seats are available for outside candidates. The seats are also subject to availability and its totally upto management to decide.
I hope this helps.
can we write PG cet for aerospace engineering branch in karnataka
Yes, you can definitely write the post graduation common entrance test examination for getting admission in aerospace engineering branches in different colleges of Karnataka.
Some of the best colleges providing this degree in Karnataka are- RV College of Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, BMS College of Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, etc.
For more details, visit https://engineering.careers360.com/colleges/list-of-aerospace-engineering-colleges-in-karnataka
Hope it was Informational!!
my graduation with physics I am eligible for Karnataka pgcet entrance for take admission in MCA
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility For MCA
Here is the detailed eligibility for Karnataka PGCET MCA-
Candidates should have cleared Graduation or an equivalent exam.
Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam with Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Application, Computer Programming, Business Mathematics, and Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST and Category I of Karnataka candidates).
Karnataka pgcet for mca syllabus and eligibility in detail
The main units in Karnataka PGCET for MCA are Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning , General Awareness and General English.
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Determinants, Matrices, Sets and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.
- Boolean algebra: Basic operations, Evaluation of Boolean expressions, Basic postulates of Boolean Algebra.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function. Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Correlation and Regression, Random variables.
- Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input /Output devices, Computer Memory, Programming Languages, Types of Software's, General awareness about Internet, Web Applications, Database Applications and Information Systems.
- Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary, ASCII and Hexadecimal representations.
- Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two's complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, normalized Floating-point representation.
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning :
- Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visual-spatial reasoning.
- General awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.
- Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
Also the eligibility criteria for MCA course is that the candidate must have studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognized educational located in the state for a minimum 7 years. Also, the candidate and must have appeared and passed either SSLC / 10th standard or 2nd PUC / 12th standard examination in a Government recognized institutions located in the state of Karnataka.
Hope it helps!
I got 1582 rank for mca under 2 a category which college can is get seat
Some of the colleges in which you may have chances of getting a seat are like
- KLET Technological University
- T John college Gottigeri, Bangalore
Hope this help you