Your browser does not support iframes.
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) have added 416 and 947 seats respectively, while Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) have added 195 B.Tech seats for the admission year 2017-18. All 23 IITs and IIITs each along with 20 GFTIs have added a total 1,558 undergraduate engineering seats for the admission year. However, while these institutes have increased their seat intake, National Institutes of Technology (NITs) have reduced the number of B.Tech seats by 145. The official seat matrix data has been released by Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA for the admission year 2017-18.
Latest : [Less than 2 months left for JEE Main! Boost your Preparation with Personalised Coaching, Unlimited Mock Test and Faculty Support. If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK. Know More
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW
This means that IITs, IIITs and GFTIs will offer admissions to more number of JEE Advanced 2017 and JEE Main 2017 candidates this year whereas admission opportunities at the NITs have shrunk by 145 seats this year.
Seat Intake at IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (2017 Vs 2016):
No new IIT this year; IIT Ropar and IIT Bhubaneswar add 105 and 90 seats respectively:
Crack JEE 2020 with JEE Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK
Seat Matrix at IITs (2017 Vs 2016):
Total Seats in 2016
Total Seats in 2017
This year while the IITs have added a total of 416 seats which are far less as compared to the seats offered by the IITs last year wherein the institutes of national importance had increased the seat intake by 567. However, the larger number of new B.Tech seats offered last year is also directly proportionate to the 4 new IITs which started their academic session in 2016 itself. Out of the 567 fresh undergraduate engineering seats added last year, 420 were offered by the 4 new IITs (IIT Bhilai, IIT Goa, IIT Jammu and IIT Dharwad) only, while the remaining seats were offered by the rest of existing IITs. In contrast, this year no new IIT has been added.
The table above reflects that out of the 9 IITs where B.Tech seats have been increased, IIT Ropar, IIT Bhubaneswar and IIT and IIT Jodhpur have added the maximum number of seats – 105, 90 and 60 respectively.
6 NITs change seat intake; NIT Patna, NIT Durgapur reduce seats by 129 and 96 respectively:
Seat Matrix at NITs (2016 Vs 2017):
Contrary to IITs, IIITs and GFTIs, this year the NITs have decided to offer lesser number of B.Tech seats to JEE Main 2017 qualified candidates. For admission year 2017-18, the seat matrix has changed at 6 NITs out of which NIT Puducherry and NIT Hamirpur have increased the seat intake by 120 and 30 respectively, however, the total number of seats reduced across across 4 NITs (NIT Patna, NIT Durgapur, NIT Rourkela and NIT Nagaland) is greater than the seats added at 2 of the NITs. In these 4 NITs, NIT Patna and NIT Durgapur have reduced the maximum number of seats – 129 and 96 respectively. The other 2 NITs – NIT Rourkela and NIT Nagaland have decreased the number of seat intake by 40 and 30 seats respectively.
3 New IIITs added; offer 420 seats:
Seat Matrix at IIITs (2016 Vs 2017):
Atal Bihari Vajpayee IIIT
& Management Gwalior
IIIT Kalyani, WB
IIIT Una, HP
IIIT Sri City, Chittoor District, Andra Pradesh
IIIT Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram
As per the official seat matrix released by JoSAA, 3 new IIITs have been added to the earlier existing 20 IIITs. For 2017, the total number of IIITs has gone upto 23. Out of the 23 IIITs, the news IITs - IIIT Bhopal, IIIT Bhagalpur and IIIT Surat offer a total of 420 seats out of which IIIT Bhopal has a seat intake of 180, while IIIT Bhagalpur and IIIT Surat is offering 120 seats each. Apart from these new IIITs, IIIT Nagpur and IIIT Una have added the maximum number of seats – 130 and 100 respectively. There are a total of 14 IIITs where seat matrix has changed this year. Out of these 14 IIITs, 13 have increased the seat intake, while 1 IIIT (IIIT Vadodra) has reduced the number of B.Tech seats by 20.
Among all the institutes of national importance, IIITs have added the maximum number of seats for this year – 947.
3 New GFTIs add 230 seats; 1 GFTI skips participation in 2017:
Seat Matrix at GFTIs (2016 Vs 2017):
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management-Ahmedabad
National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Hatia, Ranchi
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, J & K
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, District Howrah
Assam University, Silchar
Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
HNB Garhwal University Srinagar (Garhwal)
International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur
University of Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur is not a participating institutes of JEE Main this year, while 3 new GFTIs are participating in the joint seat allotment procedure of JoSAA 2017. The 3 new institutes added this year are HNB Garhwal University Srinagar (Garhwal), International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur and University of Hyderabad. These 3 GFTIs have added as many as 230 seats to the existing undergraduate engineering seats whereas 60 seats offered by Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Thanjavur last year have been decreased out of the total seat intake as the institute is not participating in the joint counselling and seat allotment process this year.
A total of 11 GFTIs have changed their seat matrix. Out of these 11 GFTIs, 3 institutes have reduced their seat intake while 1 is not a participating institute, 4 have increased their seat intake and 3 new have added 230 seats. As per the changed seat matrix, GFTIs are offering as many as 195 more seats this year as compared to the last year.
Amongst the institutes where seat matrix has changed, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi and Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra, J&K have reduced their seats by 63, 30 and 20 respectively.
Stay tuned to engineering.careers360.com for more news and updates on JoSAA Counselling and Seat Allotment 2017.
Get real-time alerts on exam & colleges at your fingertips with Careers360 App! Click Here to Install or Give a missed call on 08080944727 to get app link
RGIPT will conduct RGIPT B.Tech 2020 admission process. The application form of RGIPT B.Tech 2020...
IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Students are provided here the preparation ti...
JEE Advanced 2020 - IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced 2020 on May 17. Know all about JEE Advanc...
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2020 - IIT Delhi will release the detailed syllabus for JEE Advanced 2020 o...
JEE Advanced Result 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi will release the JEE Advanc...
please be patient and dont loose hope. you have many more ways to go. first of all complete the full syllabus of your board exam throughly, then started solving mcqs from jee mains. jee advance is a level hire than jee main and it might difficult for you if you right now started practices jee advance question. you may follow jee mains , tata mac graw books for pcm, once you do complete the jee mains papers then you may opted for jee advanced level questions. however always makes short notes for last minute revision, make a routine, study atleast 10 hrs a day.
if you can maintain it coming 1 year you may surely get success.
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
4. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru
5. Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Anna University, Chennai
7. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
8. University of Delhi, New Delhi
9. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Coimbatore
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
11. Aligarh Muslim University. Aligarh
12. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
13. Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
14. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
15. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
SRM institute, Haryana
17. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
19. Visva Bharati, Kolkata
20. Siksha`O` Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar
21. Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
22. Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Chennai
23. Osmania University, Hyderabad
24. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
25. Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
26. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
27. Gauhati University, Guwahati
28. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
29. Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur
31. TATA Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
32. Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA), Thanjavur
33. Panjab University, Chandigarh
34. S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
35. Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
36. Mysore University, Mysore
37. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
38. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Chennai
39. Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
40. Anand Agricultural University, Anand
41. University of Madras, Chennai
42. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati
43. Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
44. Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
45. Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara University, Mysore
46. Thapar University, Patiala
47. Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune
48. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
49. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
50. Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana
For integrated M.Tech., you can look into:
1. Invertis University, Bareilly
2. Tezpur University, Assam
3. Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information and Technology and Management, Gwalior
Hope this helps. All the best!
Your JEE Advanced brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile