How to fill JEE Main 2019 Application Form - With the approaching exam season a series of questions trouble the minds of the engineering aspirants, one of those being how to fill the JEE Main application form 2019. Candidates can fill the JEE Main April 2019 application form from February 8 to March 7, 2019 on online mode. Application fee payment can be done from February 8 to March 8, 2019. Changes in application form will be allowed during March 11 to 15, 2019. The process of filling the application form of JEE Main 2019 involved three stages like filling up the application form, uploading of documents and fee payment. Candidates will be required to be a bit careful while filling up the application form of JEE Main 2019 to avoid any kind of errors. JEE Main aspirants were advised to be familiar with the steps of the application procedure beforehand to ease the stress. Candidates having any doubts regarding how to fill JEE Main 2019 application form can refer to the step by step guide mentioned in the article below. Candidates who have filled JEE Main 2019 January attempt exam can use their January attempt application number and password to register for April exam.
JEE Main 2019 April exam will be conducted from April 7 to 20. The examination will be held across various test centres in Indian and abroad in two shifts per day on the scheduled dates.
Download Free Sample Paper For JEE MainDownload Now
For the convenience of the candidates who are not well conversant to submit the online application due to various constraints, 1.5 lakhs Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country have been set up by NTA to support them in online application form submission and payment through e-wallet in urban and rural areas. Candidates will have to pay a minimal amount for services offered through CSCs as mentioned below.
Amount Charged for Different Services Provided by CSC
Charges per transaction (GST applicable @ 18%)
Preparing e-mail, Submission of Application form & Printout till Fee Payment (Including uploading of Scanned Images)
Rs 25 +GST
Uploading of Scanned Images only
Rs 10 +GST
Online payment of Fee
Rs 0.5 % of fee +GST
Downloading of Admit Card/ OMR Answer Sheet/Answer Key
Rs 10 GST
Online claim for Responses/ Answer Key
Rs 25 +GST
Printout per page
Rs 5 +GST
To know nearest Common Services Centre (CSC)- Click here
Watch video on How to fill JEE Main April 2019 Application Form
How to fill JEE Main Application Form 2019?
The complete process of filling the application form of JEE Main has been given below. Candidates could refer to the procedure given below to clear all doubts regarding how to fill JEE Main 2019 application form:
Filling up the application form: All the required details including personal details, academic details, contact details, exam details have to be entered and submitted. Candidates have to create a password and choose the security question by entering its answer as well.
Uploading the required documents: The scanned copy of the required documents which includes the candidate’s photograph and candidate’s signature has to be uploaded in the format prescribed by the authorities.
Fee payment: The payment of examination fee can be done online through Debit card, credit card/ internet banking or offline by downloading the E-challan. The examination fee varies according to the gender, category, etc.
Print out of the acknowledgement page: The acknowledgement slip has to be downloaded and a print out has to be taken for the future reference.
Steps to be followed while filling up the application form of JEE Main 2019
The following steps will have to follow the steps mentioned below while filling up the application form.
Step 1- Registration: The first and foremost step is to register online which includes entering the basic detials including the identity card details. Candidates have to click “Apply for JEE (Main)-2019 online” button and then enter the following details after clicking on “Proceed to Apply Online”: Candidates who have filled JEE Main 2019 January attempt exam can use their January attempt application number and password to register for April exam.
- State of Eligibility
- State where Class 12th School / NIOS Study Center Located
- Select Identification ID Type
- Enter Identification ID
- Candidate's name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
The details of the Aadhaar card will be verified with the UID database for authentication. Candidates will be able to proceed with the further process if the details are successfully verified.
Step 2- Filling up the application form: After the successful Aadhaar card verification, the next step is to enter the required details in the remaining fields which include:
Examination Related Details:
- Paper they will be appearing for
- Choice of examination centre (any 4)
- Preferred language medium of the question paper
Personal details: Candidates will have to enter the following personal details:
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Person with Disability
- Place of residence
- Complete mailing address
- Date of Birth
Academic details: The following academic particulars have to be entered:
- Year of passing class 10th or equivalent
- School Board of class 12th/qualifying examination
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th/qualifying exam schooling
- Year of passing or appearing class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Type of institution of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Roll number of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Appeared/Appearing for improvement of class 12th/Qualifying exam in all the 4/5 subjects as per the scheme of the board
- Mode of preparation
- Name of the college/school from where passed/appearing
- Address of the school/college from where passed or appearing
Enter the following details:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
Guardian details: Enter the following in this stage:
- Father’s/Guardian's qualification
- Father’s/Guardian's Occupation
- Father’s/Guardian's annual income
- Mother’s qualification
- Mother’s occupation
- Mother’s annual income
- Declaration by the candidate
- Declaration by Father/Mother/Guardian
Choose Password - At this stage, the candidates will have to choose a password, security question and security answer.
- The Password must have 8 to 13 characters
- It should have at least one Upper case, at least one Lower case alphabet and at least one numeric value.
- Among these special characters - [email protected]#$%^&*-, the password should have at least one special characters.
- To proceed further candidates have to click on the Next button.
Step 3 - Uploading of Scanned Documents
The required documents have to be uploaded by the candidates in this step. It must be kept in mind that the documents have to be uploaded in the prescribed format. The documents to be uploaded are the candidate’s photograph and signature. To upload the documents, the candidates will have to click on “Upload Scanned Images” tab. The specifications for the scanned documents are provided in the table given below.
Prescribed format for uploading the documents
10KB to 100KB
3.5cm x 4.5cm
4KB to 30KB
3.5cm x 1.5cm
Step 4 - Payment of Application Fees
After the documents are uploaded successfully the next step is to pay the prescribed application fee. The payment can be done online through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking and offline through e-challan.The payment of fee through online mode can be made till October 1, 2018.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Fee
For examination centre opted in India
Paper (s) appearing
JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2
Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2
For examination centres opted outside India
Paper (s) appearing
JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2
Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2
Procedure to pay JEE Main application fee through e-challan:
If a candidate wishes to pay the examination fee through e-challan then the following procedure has to be followed-
- Candidates have to take an A4 size printout of e-challan in pdf format through SBI MOPS page. NTA's required information in addition to the Bank Reference Number will be mentioned in the e-challan.
- Candidates have to deposit the amount mentioned in the e-challan by visiting any SBI branch in India. The bank will only accept pre-printed amounted in e-challan.
- Amount mentioned in e-challan, reference numbers are un-editable and after cash is deposited by the candidates, CBS system of SBI will update the payment status as being successful.
- The candidates are requested to visit any of the SBI branches for depositing cash immediately (at least within 12 hours after taking the print out of e-challan) so that payment status in the system is updated for the candidate.
- The offline system of cash deposit through e-challan will be equivalent to online deposit as SBI's CBS is integrated with MOPS for updating records for the candidates opting for this method to deposit fee. Candidates should note that the MOPS system will update the payment status of the particular candidate only after the successful deposit of cash through the CBS system of any of the SBI Branches within the prescribed time limit.
- Candidates can take the reprint of the e-challan can be taken out by the candidates through the SBI online website under the tab SBI MOPS and select the appropriate examination under National Testing Agency. The reprint of the e-challan can be taken by submitting the required information.
In case of any query related to the transaction, candidates can take help from the helpdesks as mentioned below.
1800 112211 (24x7)
1800 4253800 (24x7)
Sri Sita Ram Malik
UNHAPPY (add text)
Step 5- Take a print out
The final step is to take a print out of the acknowledgement for the future reference.
All candidates are requested to check their payment status at the official website and if the status is "OK", they will be able to take a print out of the confirmation page. The following steps have to be followed if the payment status is not "OK":
- If the candidates have made the payment through challan then they should immediately contact their concerned bank to update their fee status on the website.
- If payment is done online, then it means that the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded automatically within 7 to 10 days. Therefore, the candidates will have to pay the fees once again.
If there is any discrepancy in the photograph and signature of the candidate in the confirmation page, then they will have to approach the helpline from December 17 to 23, 2018 (10 AM to 5 PM)
Key points to remember on How to fill JEE Main 2019 application form
- Candidates must keep the documents which have to be uploaded ready in the format prescribed by the authorities.
- Candidates must enter all the details correctly.
- The documents uploaded should be clear and according to the prescribed specifications
- To avoid technical glitches, candidates must use the preferred web browsers which are: Internet Explorer 8 and above, Mozilla 3.0 and above, Google Chrome 3.0
- Candidates have to take 4 printouts of the acknowledgement page for the future reference.
More like JEE Main
JEE Main Application Form 2019
JEE Main Application Form 2019 – NTA has released JEE Main 2019 application form for April exam o...
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2019
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2019 - Candidates can make corrections in JEE Main 2019 appl...
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2019 - Candidates applying for IIIT Hyderabad 2019 B.Tech admissi...
JEE Main April Result 2019
JEE Main April Result 2019 - NTA will release JEE Main April 2019 Result on March 30. Check JEE M...
JEE Main April Application Form 2019
JEE Main April Application Form 2019 - NTA has released JEE Main April 2019 application form on F...
Questions related to JEE Main
Hello Sirohi sahooActually according to the JEE mains there are three sections physics, Mathematics,Chemistry As my suggestion is consid...
I have scored 82 percentile in jee main 2019 January can I can take in other engineering college instead of IIT,NIT without giving advanced
Hello... According to your percentile your general rank would be around 157500. The NTA hasn't declared the cutoff officially but by prediction thi...
Hi dear,You have got 82 percentile that means your rank should be around 200k you can also check herehttps://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-ra...
My friends jee Mein presentile is 70.4569397 if will what college of automobile engineering college of Maharashtra
Hi dear,Your rank may be around 330k you can also check herehttps://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-rank-predictorWith this rank you have a low...
I have scored 90.68 percentile in my January attempt will I be able to get admission in a nit (SC category
Hi dear,You have scored 90.68 percentile that means your rank should be around 100k and category rank should be around 4200 you can also check here...