About CUSAT CAT 2013 - Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Aptitude Test 2013
Exam Name: Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Aptitude Test -CUSAT CAT
Commonly called as: CUSAT CAT 2013
Exam type: University Level
Exam category: UG Exam
Conducting Institute: Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)
About CUSAT CAT 2013: The CUSAT CAT is an entrance test conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology to provide admission to eligible candidates to various engineering courses in the University.
CUSAT CAT 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates who want to apply for B.Tech in CUSAT must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board. The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in Maths and must also obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
CUSAT CAT 2013 Selection Procedure:
The selection process of the candidate for the courses is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the CUSAT CAT
CUSAT CAT 2013 Paper Pattern:
The entrance test will have two sections. The first paper has Maths with 125 questions. The second paper has Physics and Chemistry with 125 questions. The ratio of the second paper is 3:2 for Physics and Chemistry.
CUSAT CAT 2013 Application process:
Application Fees for CUSAT CAT 2013:
General Category Candidates Rs.950 (SC/ST Rs.425)
Candidates who apply under NRI Quota (For B.Tech Programmes Only): Rs.5950
For writing exam at Dubai, an additional amount of Rs 10000 will be charged in form of a Demand Draft favouring Registrar, CUSAT payable at Ernakulam
Application fee can be paid via: Through a bank challan to be printed after entering details in online application.
The application fee can be paid exactly two days after the details are entered into the online application form
CUSAT CAT 2013 Exam Centres: Allahabad, Alleppey, Bengaluru, Chennai, Dubai, Ernakulam, Hyderabad, Jamshedpur, Kalpetta, Kannur, Kasaragode, Kolkata, Kollam, Kotattayam, Kozhikode, Lucknow ,Malappuram ,Mumbai, New Delhi, Palghat, Pathanamthitta , Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Thodupuzha, Trichur, Varanasi
CUSAT CAT 2013 Important Dates:
Start sale of prospectus: February 2, 2013
Last date for receipt of application: February 25, 2013
Test Date: May 11, 2013
Expected Date of Result: May 28, 2013
CUSAT CAT 2013 Result: Information will be updated soon.
CUSAT CAT 2013 Counselling Process: Information will be updated soon.
CUSAT CAT 2013 Participating Institutes:
1. College of Engineering, Munnar, Idukki 685 612
2. College of Engineering, Thalassery, Kannur 670 107
3. College of Engineering, Kottarakkara, Kollam 691 531
4. College of Engineering, Kidangoor, Kottayam 686 583
5. College of Engineering, Adoor, Pathanamthitta 691 523
6. College of Engineering, Karunagapally, Kollam 690 518
7. College of Engineering, Chengannoor, Alappuzha – 689 121
8. College of Engineering, Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta 689 603
9. College of Engineering, Kuriottumala, Pathanapuram 689 696
10. Model Engineering College, BMC P.O., Thrikkakkara, Kochi-21
11. College of Engineering, Perumon, Perinad.P.O., Kollam 691 501
12. College of Engineering, Pallipuram, Cherthala, Allapuzha 688 541
13. College of Engineering, Poonjar, Thekkekkara.P.O., Kottayam 686 583
14. The Co-operative Medical College, H.M.T. Colony.P.O., Kochi 683 503
15. College of Engineering, Thrikkaripur, Cheemeni.P.O., Kasargod 671 313
16. College of Engineering, Kuriottumala, Piravanthoor, Pathanapuram, Kollam
17. Toc-H Institute of Science and Technology, Arakunnam.P.O., Kochi 682 313
18. K.V.M. College of Engineering and Information Technology, Alleppey 688 583
19. College of Engineering, GovT. ITI Campus, Attingal, Thiruvananthapuram 695 101
20. CMC Nursing college, Campus of the Co-operative Medical College, Kochi 683 503
21. T.K.M. Institute of Technology, Karuvelil, Musaliar Hills, Ezhukone, Kollam 691 505
22. Co-operative Institute of Technology, Palayanada P.O., Vadakara, Kozhikode 673 530
23. Sarabhai Institute of Science and Technology, Vellanada, Thiruvananthapuram 695 543
24. Central Institute of Fisheries,Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET), Kochi 682 016
25. Conspi Academy of Management Studies, Plankalamukku, Thiruvananthapuram 695 109
26. Recognized Institutions under Southern Naval Command Head Quarters, Kochi (SNCHQ)
27. M.G. College of Engineering, Thrikkanamangalam, Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram 695 027
28. ER & DCI Institute of Technology, P.B.No 6520, Vellayambalam, Thiruvananthapuram 695 033
29. Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IITM-K), ‘Nila’, Technopark, Thiruvananthapuram-695581
CUSAT CAT 2013 Contact Info:
Cochin University of Science and Technology,
Cochin University P.O
Kochi - 682 022, Kerala, India
Phone: +91 - 0484 - 2862250 / 2577550
Questions related to CUSAT CAT
how will i get admission in cusat cse as cusat cat is cancell
The admissions are conducted on the basis of online Common Admission Test ( CUSAT CAT) or online Lateral Entry Test (LET) or Departmental Admission Test ( CUSAT DAT), by the University. The university also accepts GATE and MAT/CAT scores for admissions in Mtech and MBA courses.
Is it tough to get into CSE branch in Rajagiri School of Engineering, Kerala?
I will mention the closing ranks in KEAM of all the branches in Rajagiri College of Engineering, Kochi for general caste candidates-
- B.Tech CSE- 3545
- B.Tech ECE- 8508
- B.Tech IT- 10588
- B.Tech MECHANICAL- 9700
- B.Tech EEE- 8700
- B.Tech CIVIL- 9700
- B.Tech Instrumentation and applied electronics- 22000
So, accordingly you can prepare for the exam and remember nothing is tough if you have a strong will.
how will i get admission in cusat 2020 as cusat cat is cancelled
Hello Aspirant, don't worry and stay relaxed.
As of now, the university has only announced cancellation of the CUSAT CAT 2020 2020 entrance exam, however, has not notified any other way in which it would be screening candidates for admission to various programmes offered by it. The official notice released by CUSAT CAT 2020 reads that “Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 scheduled on 27th and 28th of July 2020 is cancelled. Further notification on the matter will be issued later.” Therefore, prospective students can candidates will now have to wait for next announced, in which the university will specify the mode and method of admissions for the various courses offered by it.
Hope this information would be helpful for you.
All the best.
where can i get cusat previous year question papers
You can download CUSAT previous year question papers by visiting our page the link for the same is given below
These papers will help you to understand the types of questions which are asked in exam, you will understand the important topics which are covered in the exam by practising them so that you can accordingly prepare for the exam , you will also get to know your preparation level .
Best of luck for your examination.
previous year question are repeated in cusat cat??
Yes even if not exactly the same then too similar type of questions are surely repeated in state and national level competitive entrance examinations. Therefore, everyone usually says to solve previous 10-15 years of paper of a particular entrance exam so that you get a better idea and also understand the pattern and type of questions being asked and also are exposed to different types of questions.
Refer to the website below for more details..
A link to previous year question papers - https://engineering.careers360.com/tags/cusat-cat-previous-year-question-papers A link to sample papers of the exam - https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/cusat-cat-sample-papers
Best wishes Thank you.